PDA

View Full Version : New Box Installed Friday - Still No TV Choice On Demand

brisycom
17-06-2009, 17:18
Hi All,

I am a long standing Virgin Media (from days of NYNEX) customer and already have 1 Vbox and 1 V+box so I decided to add a 2nd Vbox which was installed last Friday.

I was told that it would take up to 24 hours for all services to come through.

I am on the XL package but on the new box it still (Wednesday) says that I need to subscribe to receive TV Choice on Demand.

I have made numerous calls to tech support who told me that they would raise a ticket to support level 2 and that this would take between 3 and 5 days :mad: I receive a call today from tech support (sounds like in Netherlands) to ask how my TV is going, he then re-confirms their is an issue with the box not receiving the signal to tell it that I have the XL package (even though the tv channels are correct for the XL package) and that he would forward the ticket to the IT department, which if the support I have received so far is anything to go by will be just like the comparethemeerkat dot com IT departerment...

So I am paying for an extra box which is supposed to have everything the others do but I am not getting the full service 6 days on.... I find this level of support disgraceful and a complete waste of my time and money.

How difficult can it be for them to activate the box properly and enable it for all the services that I am 'paying' for as an XL package subscriber.

Still, the patronising tech support guy did keep telling me not to worry about it :mad::mad::mad::mad: and that it will be sorted, though wouldn't say when.

Hughhhh

Brisycom

virgin_tech
17-06-2009, 21:50
im supprised they havnt sent out a tech,, some boxes just cant sort out the hit corectly... new box will have this sorted

brisycom
18-06-2009, 08:16
I feel like I am being fobbed off by Tech support, not sure whether it is in India or Holland but they haven't got a clue and I am getting mighty p***ed off.

How can I get a tech to visit and change the box, it seems that getting passed the keepers of the gate on 151 iis impossible and I am brewing up to cancelling ALL services if I don't get a resolution to this soon.

If it helps I am in the South Coast Region (PO12, Gosport) and it is a silver Samsung SMT-2100C

One agent did try to tell me their is an issue in some regions with the 'hits' not reaching boxes, so an engineer vist would be pointless. I did say that if the hits aren't reaching the stb's then how come my tv channel package is correct, surely it would have needed a hit for the smartcard to authorise the corrrect tv channels wouldn't it..?? to this there was no response.

Brisycom

virgin_tech
18-06-2009, 23:24
phone up and tell the it says.... LD20 on the front panel of the box, when they talk you through all the switching off and on crap they have to say, just sit having a coffee and just agree with them, this will get a tech out....

BTW LD20 means no signal gettin to the box, as i do, the tech should just swap it out, either tell him the truth and show him this thread, or say "blimey its working now" like going to the doctors our boxes work fine when we visit :)

---------- Post added at 22:31 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

oh , ther proberly is nothing wrong with the box it maybe the card or just not setup corectly, the tech will sort this, it happens a lot,

you never get to talk to the ppl we do, we talk to the ones who know what they are doing :)

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

so many time latley all i hear is... "its a problem in the area and will be sorted in a couple of days" this is ********... im sure the call centre staff get penalised for sending out too many techs...this is why the bosses that be love india they send out less techs than uk....

great for saving money and for their stats, totally disrespectfull to the customer and bad business, as far as im concerned

---------- Post added at 23:24 ---------- Previous post was at 22:38 ----------

and another thing make sure its all working fine before he goes, it should be cus the tech wouldn't want his 7 day repeat

brisycom
19-06-2009, 08:02
Hi Virgin_Tech,

Your information and help is fantastic and I can't thank you enough.

I was on the phone to them for an hour yesterday, ending up speaking to the manager who virtually said that they don't get this problem too often so prefer to find a fix so that if it comes up again they will be know how to sort, I told him that if he wants to test software then use Virgin's own test bed and not my home as a testing lab.

He then proceeded to put me through to faults :shocked: again and low and behold a foreign (offshore) person answered and imediately cut me off, when I rung back and asked for manager 'Lee Stevens' they denied all knowledge of him :mad:

After explaining the situation to yet another (about 20th person), though this time english person in dissconnects I finally get put through to a very nice and very helpfuly Lewis in Level 1 faults in Swansea, who explained things throughly and non patronising and also got a refund of the £30 installation for me, he spoke to level 2 faults for me and assured that it would be sorted remotely within 24 - 48 hours. He said that it was to do with the TV Choice on Demand access not being set up properly on the servers.

I can only assume something is happening as instead of getting the 'you need a subscription, but have a free browse' message when i go to TV Choice on Demand, I get 'On Demand is Temproarilly Unnavailable' so still no better off and could just be another fault with box.

All in all the service I have received from Virgin Media is disgraceful and shocking, I did tell the manager that I wasn't prepared to deal with people I can't even understand and who certainly don't listen or understand you, he said that not all call centres are offshore, I said you have to have the luck of the Irish to get an english one though.

These boards provde more help and assistance than anything, thanks to people like Virgin_Tech, Spiderplant and other Virgin employees that post here.

Will post the next installment later..........

Brisycom

brisycom
19-06-2009, 10:06
Hi All,

Everything is now finally resolved, many thanks to Spiderplant and Virgin_Tech for their help with this issue.

It didn't require a replacement box or a tech visit, and was fixed very quickly when the correct department were aware of the problem.

Virgin Media really do need to look at their internal procedures when faults are reported and ensure that the correct people who can fix them are made aware that they exist.

If it wasn't for said people taking their time to monitor these forums and offer help, then I think my problem would have taken even longer.

Regards,
Brisycom :)