PDA

View Full Version : Packet loss

cwhite02
17-06-2009, 16:45
Hi,

I'm on the 20mb and use the net mostly in the evenings. I use the net for things like xbox and poker plus the web, the first two which need a stable connection or they stop working. In the last three months I've been having connection issues. If I run a constant ping to say, google.com while playing poker, I can see I'm getting the occasional dropped packet or sometimes I will lose the connections for a minute or maybe more.

I'm in the Luton area. I phoned up India three times, all the times they were useless and said there is not a problem as every time they check, the connection is ok.

Anyone else having simular issues? Any ideas on what I can do? I really don't want to speak to India again as the last time I ended up arguing with the guy who was pretty rude and actually told me to hang up (clearly he's not allowed to do that as I wasnt rude enough to him). Always known NTL/Virgin have had terrible support/customer services but having had the internet for years with no issues, it's not been too bad.

Cheers.