PDA

View Full Version : Broadband prices

chamoan
16-06-2009, 23:04
Hi folks,

I Had a leaflet a while back come through the door saying a new customer taking 10mb+unlimited phone package, the 10mb would be £5 and £14 there after 3months? Anyhow the other day I downgraded my 20mb down to 10mb because I don't use it as much anymore and wanted to save a few quid aswell.

The person I spoke to downgraded me to 10mb not a problem saving me some money as I was paying £37 for 20mb, and now 10mb is going to cost me £25 a month. I mentioned this leaflet that came through saying that it should only be costing me £14 now as we have unlimited calls package, this op said he couldnt do anything and that I should call back in 3 days time.

Can anyone in the know tell me if 10mb is £14 now and not £25 aslong as I have a unlimited phone package? This customer service person didnt seem to have a clue, but then they sounded asian and there English was not very good. I don't have anything against Asian people, but they surely they should employ people who can speak good English :(

Thanks.

BenMcr
16-06-2009, 23:09
BB L still shows as £25 on the bill - the £14 price is after discounts

Just as BB XL is advertised as £20 (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=3246) + phoneline - but still shows as £37 on the bill

chamoan
16-06-2009, 23:15
http://allyours.virginmedia.com/websales/product.do?id=3264

My understanding of this package I should only be paying £14 a month for 10mb?
+ £11 for unlimited phone package. So I should be paying £25 total and not £25 for 10mb+£11 for phone. Is that right? I'm not a new customer. Just trying to clarify this cos obviously don't wanna pay more than have to.

BenMcr
16-06-2009, 23:20
As it stands you cannot currently downgrade to a lower bundle.

So if you are paying £31 for BB XL and Phone and you wanted to downgrade to BB L you would actually end up paying £36 - because you would lose the BB XL and Phone discount

However if you have no discounts ever then I would speak to Customer Relations tomorrow.

chamoan
16-06-2009, 23:30
We have no had any discounts ever I dont think.

We are paying, now: £25 for 10mb, £15? for unlimited landline calls, we did try and cancel the tv package but they told us it was free anyway the package we had, so we didnt cancel. oh and +£1.75? for paper bill, and £5 for non DD. seems high to me for such a cack package. We did try and get discount before but they said they would only do it if we agreed to setup DD, which we refused because our phone bills was seemingly higher than what we would expect and finding calls to numbers on the bill that nobody in the house knows or ever calls.

BenMcr
16-06-2009, 23:33
BB L and Phone XL when on D/D and e-billing is £32.95 - so you should be able to get Customer Relations to give it to you at the price

If you don't set up a D/D or sign up to e-billing add £6.25 to that price (£5 for non-DD and £1.25 for paper bills)

chamoan
16-06-2009, 23:37
Thanks for the help in clearing that up for me :). I will have to get on the phone tomorrow and haggle a better deal.