PDA

View Full Version : Non Connection -20 Mb Virgin Broadband

whizzbang
15-06-2009, 18:17
I reported a total non-connection issue today to Virgin Faults, to be told that my modem was OK, but that there was a general problem with the Walsall area. This was to be resolved in 2 or 3 days or so. The upstream power level has been fluctuating from 11db upto 55db.
I h ave included the downstream and upstream power levels on the 255 modem as of now.
The modem power light and the sync and ready lights are on. The send and receive light up only intermittently.

Cable Modem Downstream
Downstream Lock : Locked
Downstream Channel Id : 43
Downstream Frequency : 434250000 Hz
Downstream Modulation : QAM256
Downstream Symbol Rate : 6952 Ksym/sec
Downstream Interleave Depth : taps12Increment17
Downstream Receive Power Level : 5.6 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.6 dB

Cable Modem Upstream
Upstream Lock : Locked
Upstream Channel ID : 3
Upstream Frequency : 47400000 Hz
Upstream Modulation : QAM16
Upstream Symbol Rate : 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream transmit Power Level : 33.5 dBmV
Upstream Mini-Slot Size : 2

Would really appreciate someone having a look at these readings to see if it is a line problem or a modem fault. Let me know if you require additional info.
Regards...Whizzbang

Peter_
15-06-2009, 18:38
Downstream Receive Power Level : 5.6 dBmV
Downstream SNR : 36.6 dB

Upstream transmit Power Level : 33.5 dBmV

Power levels are fine so the issue will be elsewhere as Tech Support say.

whizzbang
16-06-2009, 14:44
Well I spotted a technician at a local street cab, who was unaware of any 'general issue'
in the Walsall area, so Tues PM phoned faults again (Not Tech Support) and arranged a
Technician visit for Wed AM, together with a credit for moby costs.

soooooo....we'll see.

whizzbang
18-06-2009, 09:28
A technician came & went on Wednesday as promised, but could'nt resolve the non connection issue.(Poor or non-existent signals)

There appears to be a problem either from the street cab to house, or a broader network issue within the Walsall (WS7) area, and therefore still no internet as of Thurs AM.

Could anyone with a Virgin background confirm Walsall as a problem area with connectivity issues, and ideally when the problem may be resolved?

Many thanks....

ps Posts courtesy of Virgin Mobile Broadband

whizzbang
18-06-2009, 12:41
Back up and running Thursday AM.