PDA

View Full Version : New Pet cats

Stephen
14-06-2009, 14:08
I got two male cats yesterday that I adopted from the Cat protection league. They are so cute but very timid and have been hiding under my bed for the last 5 hours, lol.

Sky is 2yrs 8months and is the Grey and white one.

TJ Hooker is 2yrs 2months and is the black and white one.

I have wanted a cat for ages and have been needing some company so decided to go for it. They are lovely and can't wait till they eventually settle.

Tezcatlipoca
14-06-2009, 14:10
I'm not a cat person, but I love that you've named one "TJ Hooker" :D

Kymmy
14-06-2009, 14:14
:clap: well done on choosing to adopt :) When I lived in a place where I couldn't have doggies we chose to adopt sister cats..

Give them time and they'll soon realise that this big new person isn't harmful and best of all gives them a lot of love and food :)

Ravenheart
14-06-2009, 14:40
When I last adopted some kitties from the cat protection league the bigger of the 2 sisters hid for the first few days then started to settle in, the little one was rarely seen for about 5 months.

It wasn't until I'd taken them to the vets to be spayed that i learnt that the tiny one had suffered some horrific abuse, he front legs had been tied around something cylindrical and it had left indentations on her front leg bones, and her rear legs had been yanked down and broken, and had set wrong so she was knock kneed at the back. (the filter would stop me from posting my thoughts on the folks who did this to her)

As Kymmy said, as soon as they know that you're not going to hurt them, they'll soon settle in :)

superbiatch
14-06-2009, 14:46
Aww, the cats are cool - loving the grey smokey coloured one :)

My Harvey (RIP) was rescued and when I brought him home he decided to hide on top of the kitchen cupboards for the first few days, just give them some space and they'll soon come to trust you. Mine had suffered some terrible abuse even though he was only 9 months old, but I decided not to find out what had happened. Anyway, he really took to the ex and myself pretty soon - he used to bring me two or three 'presents' everyday (Mice eek!). But he had a nasty side where he would occasionally bite at me - even so, he was my baby.

Have fun with them, I'm sure they will bring you lots of happiness :tu:

icestar2
14-06-2009, 15:06
Sounds like they are just looking for some place safe or to rest. Cats often will find a place they feel comfortable and safe an they will often retun to that space. Once they know who has the food they'll soon be giving you all the attention :)

lauzjp
14-06-2009, 15:17
aw, cuties! :D

Stephen
14-06-2009, 15:31
I'm not a cat person, but I love that you've named one "TJ Hooker" :D
Sadly I can't take credit for the name, I just like it and have decided just to keep it :) Was tempted to change Sky to Tiberius;)

I wouldn't have got them from anywhere else. Adopting was my first and only choice.

I think they are so shy and timid because the house they are from had 24 cats :O They gave 18 to the CPL. Sky isn't as timid and has been out to look around a few times and rubbing himself over everything, including me lol. Didn't actually get much sleep last night as they were exploring the house and wee Sky kept making a sound like he was crying and woke me up a few times so feeling pretty tired today.

They are still hiding under the bed.

Graham M
14-06-2009, 15:34
Nice one there fella, we have 2 cats from the CPL, have had them about 8 years, they were both nervous to begin with but they're completely different cats now, one took longer than the other to settle in, you'll probably find the younger one does quicker

lucy7
14-06-2009, 16:21
:clap: well done on choosing to adopt :) When I lived in a place where I couldn't have doggies we chose to adopt sister cats..

Give them time and they'll soon realise that this big new person isn't harmful and best of all gives them a lot of love and food :)

Ditto.

Dont let them near Lews rats though!! ;):)

joglynne
14-06-2009, 17:48
Lovely looking cats Stephen. From the look in their eyes in the photo of them together I predict you are going to have lots of fun with them when they get over their initial shyness and realise they have found a safe haven.

We adopted 10 year old brothers from the CPL 7 years ago. Sadly Jet died a while ago but Pu is still with us albeit completely deaf, partially blind and a tad forgetful. We never once regretted adopting them.

Mick Fisher
14-06-2009, 18:23
:tu:

They make a lovely pair. They will soon settle in. :)

nffc
14-06-2009, 18:41
Aww, cute :)