PDA

View Full Version : Cordless Phone Interference?

TheOne
14-06-2009, 11:22
Hi

In the next few months, i'll be moving from VM to an ADSL provider.

Currently, we have 1 master VM socket in the living room, with 1 active extension in the main bedroom which comes directly from the box outside.
There is 1 dead extension socket in the 2nd bedroom, which again comes directly from the box outside into the bedroom (This 2nd bedroom will be where the modem/router will be)

When switching to ADSL, i'm hoping the engineer can just 'unplug' the 2 VM extensions and put them into the BT box? :confused:

If not, im considering buying some cordless phones, but i've heard they can cause interference with the ADSL signal, whats the score? and when buying cordless phones, what features should i be looking for to minimise any problem with the ADSL internet ?

Thanks

Kymmy
14-06-2009, 11:34
Cordless phones do NOT casue any undue interference to ADSL signals (unless of course you drape the wire over the phone or buy a really cheap and nasty phone that should not even be sold in this country...

The major problem with cordless phones is that they run on 2.4Ghz which is the same as Microwaves, routers, bluetooth, video senders..etc... and if you have a lot of these in your house then you might find that you have to experiment to find the best channel selection especially with your router..

TheOne
14-06-2009, 11:53
Thanks for the reply.

The only other wireless/cordless equipment we have is 3-4 mobiles, a Sky dish and a DAB radio

Is it possible to buy a cordless phone that does not run on the 2.4Ghz frequency?