PDA

View Full Version : Big Well Done to Vodafone

Raistlin
12-06-2009, 14:29
Not really a point for discussion I guess, more just a general thumbs up :tu::tu:

Just called Vodafone to discuss leaving them as I want to get one of the new iPhones.

The guy I spoke to was a) very friendly, b) very helpful, c) very polite and curteous, and d) knowledgable.

All questions answered, and one happy customer - even though I won't be a customer of theirs for much longer.

If my experience with the iPhone and O2 doesn't go the way that I'm hoping then I'll certainly be going back to Vodafone :)

Stuart
12-06-2009, 14:33
I had a similar experience when I left T Mobile to get an iPhone.. Operator was extremely polite and asked what she could do to persuade me to stay.. When I said "Offer me an iPhone", she said that she couldn't do that, but could offer me a free G1, which I was almost tempted by.

Raistlin
12-06-2009, 14:36
I had a similar experience when I left T Mobile to get an iPhone.. Operator was extremely polite and asked what she could do to persuade me to stay.. When I said "Offer me an iPhone", she said that she couldn't do that, but could offer me a free G1, which I was almost tempted by.

I think a lot of the operators are sort of resigned to the fact that there's not a lot they can do about people leaving to get iPhones. If Vodafone ever do get iPhones I'll certainly be transferring back to them. I've been a Vodafone customer for all my adult life, seems a bit sad to be leaving.

I get to take my cool number with me though so that's ok :)

Druchii
12-06-2009, 14:46
I think a lot of the operators are sort of resigned to the fact that there's not a lot they can do about people leaving to get iPhones. If Vodafone ever do get iPhones I'll certainly be transferring back to them. I've been a Vodafone customer for all my adult life, seems a bit sad to be leaving.

I get to take my cool number with me though so that's ok :)
What 07952 123456 ?

Raistlin
12-06-2009, 15:01
No.

Raistlin
13-06-2009, 15:03
3 calls from Vodafone today, all asking me what they can do to keep me as a customer - I've told them (3 times now) that as soon as they get iPhones on contract I'll be back :)

Smilie
13-06-2009, 15:21
from my experience
Vodafone does give great offers when you are trying to leave
and are very helpful in thier retentions department

but their upgrades department.....
saw a Samsung Omnia on their website 12months £40/month
asked to be upgraded to it but they refuse saying those offers are only for new customers best i can get is a 18months
which is stupid as i could just cancel my current contract and get that offer (but need to change number) so i got asked for PAC code thinking of changing providers

Retentions called me a few days later and offered me a 12month £30/month
and also went to check the warehouse to see if its in stock and called me back about it

Raistlin
13-06-2009, 15:22
Yeah, they're offering me all sorts of crazy deals to keep me as a customer - shame they can't offer me the only thing I want, an iPhone.....

Smilie
13-06-2009, 15:55
abit OT

wow look at what they are charging for the iPhone 3GS

Raistlin
26-06-2009, 14:31
Hmmm.....

Not so good - no PAC from Vodafone so far.....and now I can't get through to them on the 'phone.

southwell
26-06-2009, 14:58
Im hearing October is the month that other companies will be getting the Iphone, although i dont think it will be the new one. My friend works for Orange and they have just had their Iphone Briefing.

Raistlin
26-06-2009, 15:06
Hmmm.....

Now then.....do I move away from Vodafone and go to O2 or do I hold on with Vodafone and see how their contracts look when they finally get the iPhone?

southwell
26-06-2009, 15:22
I recon they will all battle to get the customers, Quidco offerings will probably increase too.

matt-h
26-06-2009, 16:46
Not really a point for discussion I guess, more just a general thumbs up :tu::tu:

Just called Vodafone to discuss leaving them as I want to get one of the new iPhones.

The guy I spoke to was a) very friendly, b) very helpful, c) very polite and curteous, and d) knowledgable.

All questions answered, and one happy customer - even though I won't be a customer of theirs for much longer.

If my experience with the iPhone and O2 doesn't go the way that I'm hoping then I'll certainly be going back to Vodafone :)

They were excatly the same when i left to get an iphone. Admittedly that was a decision made easier as i wanted am HTC touch pro and vodafone flat out refused to let me have one as it was a " business phone" :mad:

Id go back if they did a deal i wanted though. Didnt have to phone them up very often but they were good when i did