PDA

View Full Version : do the make money off users like me ?

nutellajunkie
10-06-2009, 15:23
Well Ive been on a loyalty discount for over a year now, and other discounts also.

my setup is XL telly, L Broadband (10MB?) and XL telephone. Tell me something, do they actually make money off me.. I never use the phoneline, its always been voip.. yet I cant seem to find a package with loyaly for BB and telly..

shed light on this for some of us, why do they insist we keep a phoneline and unmetered talktime, when we dont even use it?

BenMcr
10-06-2009, 16:28
Because the Loyalty deals are designed to be price match bundles against competitors, and as you can't get fixed broadband from anyone else without a phoneline that is what they will match against.

beeman
10-06-2009, 20:50
Because the Loyalty deals are designed to be price match bundles against competitors, and as you can't get fixed broadband from anyone else without a phoneline that is what they will match against.

well you can but you woulnt want a price match on it (£60 per month (if paied anually) for 2mb fixed connection) with beyondsl (satalite broadband)

brundles
10-06-2009, 21:20
I think traditional VM have made most of their profit from the phonelines - hence the reason the bundles always come with them.

In my case, I'm on an old package when they went through a brief phase of allowing 2 for 20 with just BB and TV. Admittedly it's bumped up with the V+ and to the BB L package, but I tend to use the BB fairly heavily.

I suspect I'm not one of their more profitable customers (especially given my monthly bill is about 25% less than their last quoted ARPU)!