PDA

View Full Version : Oversubscribed ubr my rights?

stevo17
09-06-2009, 21:46
Hello ,i got a second visit from an engineer today,he told me that my ubr is causing my slow speeds between 8pm and 1 am.When i upgraded to 10 meg 2 months ago i renewed my contract. Can i cancel the contract? Can i get a cheaper price? Help!

browney
09-06-2009, 21:46
I don't think so as it's sold as "up to" service

broadbandking
10-06-2009, 01:15
It is sold as a upto service, but if BBI class it as a fault and you have fault for over 3 months which you'll need to ring support to get it logged you can get out of the contract just for your broadband.

Welshchris
10-06-2009, 01:23
It is sold as a upto service, but if BBI class it as a fault and you have fault for over 3 months which you'll need to ring support to get it logged you can get out of the contract just for your broadband.

if the broadband stops working completely as mine did when my UBR was over subscribed as there were times of the day i didnt have a connection all i would get was page cant be displayed then u can get out of the contract.

I fought Virgin for 2 months and they give me an option to either wait 2 months till relief work was completed and they would give me 4 months free services which were for the 2 months that i had already had problems for and 2 months till the upgrade was done or they would cancel my contract free of charge.

frogstamper
10-06-2009, 02:41
if the broadband stops working completely as mine did when my UBR was over subscribed as there were times of the day i didnt have a connection all i would get was page cant be displayed then u can get out of the contract.

I fought Virgin for 2 months and they give me an option to either wait 2 months till relief work was completed and they would give me 4 months free services which were for the 2 months that i had already had problems for and 2 months till the upgrade was done or they would cancel my contract free of charge.

Don't leave us hanging Chris, what did you do?:D

Welshchris
10-06-2009, 03:21
i had 4 months free from them saving me £160 lol

frogstamper
10-06-2009, 03:37
i had 4 months free from them saving me £160 lol

Now thats what I call compo, nice one.:)