PDA

View Full Version : Internet timing out problem

DavidG91
07-06-2009, 16:06
Hello everybody,

Since March 2009, Virgin Media has been something of an annoyance for me. Back then, it was generally the connection from this wireless laptop to my netgear router completely losing connection, or sometimes keeping connection but in the process losing the internet.

This died down after a short period of time and I thought nothing of it.

However, it quickly started happening again and it's now at a point where whilst I don't seem to lose internet access as much, I do sometimes spend ages trying to load a web page, which sometimes causes a network timeout. Now this wouldn't worry me too much but of course this makes XBOX Live gaming absolutely impossible for me.

After phoning Virgin Media and getting through to some guy in India who barely made sense, I decided to e-mail them, however after the first reply being "What lights on your modem are flashing?" I don't have high hopes for the second.

Has anyone here had any similar problems to this? If so what did you do? I must stress that this seems to scrictly be a wireless thing so I wont rule out a problem with the router, but I have seen other cases where people have had the same issue which turned out to be a Virgin Media issue after all.

Thanks for any help you can give me.