PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media and Rapidshare Problems

Mister_Dee
05-06-2009, 11:47
Hello

I seem to be having a problem downloading from Rapidshare. For some reason, the download will be flying until I've downloaded around 250MB then.... Nothing!

If I wait a couple of hours I can download another 250MB then the same thing happens. While this is going on I can't even access the Rapidshare homepage.

I never had this problem with BT Broadband - I was wondering if Virgin are blocking connections to Rapidshare?

I've had a look at other posts where the suggestions are as follows:

Disable SPI Firewall in the configuration of the Netgear router
Plug your PC directly into your modem and miss out the router altogether
Change your download manager
None of these seemed to work for me but have worked for others so if you are having the same problem give them a try.

One suggestion that I haven't tried was to use the VM Proxy - can anyone shed any light on this?

------------------------------------

Premium Rapidshare Account
Broadband: 20M Virgin Media XL
Router: Netgear WGR614v6
Download Manager: FlashGet

Welshchris
06-06-2009, 02:33
i get the same problem now and then try using the proxy it does solve it, i dont think its VM Blocking Rapidshare i think its Rapidshare limiting downloads from IP at certain times but not 100%

vitaminz
06-06-2009, 16:50
I'm having the exact same problem - after about 200-250mb Rapidshare.com doesn't work at all - after about 45 minutes it starts working again, but only for another 200-250mb, then it stops again. Hopefully it can be sorted easily.

Blaze
06-06-2009, 22:57
I get no problems. I can download however much from RS with no problems using flashget

Hiroki
07-06-2009, 00:21
I've not had any problems, I use Rapidshare manager and it downloads the files without any agro.

Mister_Dee
07-06-2009, 12:47
Thanks for the replies.

I've decided to give Rapidshare the heave-ho and found another way to download content at full speed which works great.

I've now signed up for a Giganews account and use a news reader - amazing speeds 100% of the time (taking into account the Virgin policy of limiting bandwidth between 10am - 9pm). The content is also far superior, especially in terms of non-corrupt rar files etc.

:)

bigsanta11
07-06-2009, 14:30
You weren't using the free limited RS account?

As this has a limit in place,once you hit it ,then you have to wait an hour or so before you can download anything again,just like with mega upload.

I had a premium RS account and used the firefox extension down them all,and this always used my full 10mb s bandwidth,until VM STM kicked in .