PDA

View Full Version : 3 Mobile (Hutchison 3G) launches new Pay As You Go tariff

m419
03-06-2009, 22:26
3 has launched a newly revamped tariff '3Pay'.

Its available for new and existing customers.

Its a great deal for texters and offers the following:

Free texts to any network
Free Internet on your phone
Free Windows Live Messenger
Free Threemail (Voicemail)
Free 3 to 3 calls

The free texts work like this..........

£10 top up 300 free texts plus the above added benefits.
£15 top up 600 free texts plus the above added benefits
£20 top up 1000 free texts plus the above added benefits
£25 or more Unlimited free texts plus the above added benefits

Whatsmore........

If you top up online you get double text allowance!

S0 top up £20 for example and you will recieve 2000 texts instead of 1000

£5 top up value is now available but only online.

Calls to other UK mobile networks cost 20p per minute
Calls to 08 numbers cost 15p per minute

How 3 have beat the competition:

Orange Dolphin Pay As You go:

No free voicemail
25p per minute calls to 08 numbers
35p per minute to call an 0871 number
25p per call to speak to customer services......the same call centre which 3 uses for its UK and Ireland customer base.
No free phone calls,not even to other Orange users!

Virgin Mobile Addict Tariff:

No free Voicemail but is 20p flat rate
No free internet
No free calls,not even to Virgin Mobiles.
Free text allowance only kicks in once you top up £20 or more.

O2 text tariffs:

No free voicemail,costs 15p per call
No free calls unless you purchase a bolt on
Calls to other UK networks 5p per minute more expensive than 3Pay.
Internet not free across all tariffs
Not possible to top up with £5

T-Mobile Pay As You Go (Text Appeal):

T-Mobile don't even have a tariff to compete with 3pay. T-Mobile charge 3p per text.

Calls to to UK networks and UK Mobiles cost 25p per minute on this plan with a minimum of 1 minute. Calls to voicemail cost 10p per minute,soon to be 15p per minute,calls to all 08 numbers cost 40p per minute! And like normal,no free calls apart from the stretch.

Carphone warehouse: (Fresh,Mobile World,Talk Mobile,Take5)

Do not offer such a thing!

Asda Mobile:

Charge 5p per text.

So therefore, for those who want a Pay As You Go texting tariff, 3 offer the best one with flexibility.

http://www.three.co.uk/Pay_As_You_Go/Already_on_3_Pay_As_You_Go_

AndyCambs
04-06-2009, 05:39
Slightly incorrect, Virgin Mobile give unlimited free internet (http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/vm/genericContent.do?contentId=payasyougo.our.tariff. shop.sm285) as well as unlimited texts for £20. As with 3, the unlimited is limited to a fair usage policy of 3000 texts per month (if your thumbs can stand it) and internet usage is limited to a whopping 25MB per day.

Or alternatively go for the Liberty SIM for £18 per month, which includes 300 minutes unlimited (subject to fair usage) texts, and unlimited (subject to fair usage) internet access.

m419
05-06-2009, 19:21
Hmmmm so they match that deal,but the others kinda lack don't they, and i've noticed that 3's reception is much better these days.

Hugh
05-06-2009, 20:10
My lad gets unlimited texts to all networks, free voicemail, and 600 call minutes to any network per month from O2 for just under £20 (I know, because I pay the bill) - online Simplicity 20 tariff.

m419
07-06-2009, 14:01
That is pay monthly, I have put this on for those looking for Pay As You Go (Prepayment) options and tariffs.

But thanks for sharing that with us!

For some reason O2 have always declined giving me credit,so have never been able to get Pay Monthly from them. And there 3G coverage isnt that great where I live and its essential I have 3G reception, But for those wanting just basic voice and text,its a good offer.

ugnius40
23-06-2009, 19:34
I've just got 3Pay, got to say few things about it.
"free Internet" is actually 150MB allowance, not too much if you want to do anything else than checking for new mail ocasionally. If you are heavy mobile internet user you'll be forced to buy bolt-ons.
"Free 3 to 3 calls" is actually 5000 free 3 to 3 minutes allowance (enough for 1 hour of 3 to 3 calls every day for 3 months).
All allowances last for 90 days from top up day. So basically you could buy 5 pound top up every 3 months and chat with your friends, mother, or whoever is on 3 for free.
If you top up by 10 pounds (on internet) you get 600 free any network messages (at least for me it's quite enough to last for 3 months).
Voicemail is really free.
Also free Skype (even if you do not top up anything) comes in handy.

It seems quite a good deal for me, & no strings attached.