PDA

View Full Version : Another Installation thread... :)

roger_chef
03-06-2009, 17:02
Im having VM Phone/XL V+HD/XXL cable installed tomorrow. We already have a vm cable going into the front of our house from the people who lived here before us. However... I would like it to the back of the house (just a 3 bed semi) will they just put the cable around the side of the house over the garage? it looks simple and sky already have a cable doing the same..?
Also i would like the modem/router in the room above the lounge at the back, is it possible just for them to split the cable off above the lounge dropping it down for the tv and drilling though to study above for the modem??

Dont care where phone goes tho:D Ill be nice and get everything moved out and ready to plug n play.:)

MovedGoalPosts
03-06-2009, 17:22
Most installers are reluctant to drill through floors / ceilings to route cables. It's very difficult to predict what other pipes and wires they might hit.

Speak nicely to the installers and they may well be persuaded to run the necessary new cables from the existing box on the front of the house, to the locations needed.

roger_chef
03-06-2009, 17:28
Yeah im planning on getting my partner to be nice to them:D im working:(. How about if i put the holes in tonight and lift the carpet up myself in study? Make things a bit easier for them?

thanks for replying btw... i really want my vm+ box under the tele and the router up in the study.