PDA

View Full Version : delivery company

GazCBG
02-06-2009, 13:47
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a delivery companies, as I been using RoyalMail and Parcelforce to send bits I sell on eBay and it starting to cost.

lucy7
02-06-2009, 18:02
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a delivery companies, as I been using RoyalMail and Parcelforce to send bits I sell on eBay and it starting to cost.

Can not beat them really, when stuff gets broken, the compensation has been straight there, never had a problem yet.

Kymmy
02-06-2009, 18:48
If it's an item heavier than 2Kg then parcel2go.com is who we use, you get a small discount if you have an ebay ID (mainly as it's an ebay company) and for upto 20Kg they're less than £8 (with £50 compensation, full tracking and pick-up from your home)

The only issue is that they can't give you a collection time so you have to be in or leave it with a neighbour (we also have used this service in reverse for collect from a seller and deliver to our place)

They mainly use DHL and it's a 2-3 day delivery..

Anything else we use RM/PF

CHiLL
02-06-2009, 20:22
I've always had good service from CityLink and UPS.

zing_deleted
02-06-2009, 20:24
Hi,

should not be costing you if you cost everything properly

Damien
02-06-2009, 20:39
I always tend to factor in postage in the cost of the item, leaving the actual deliverly cost cheaper than it would actually cost. For example I tend to offer a £1 flat rate for 1st class recorded deliverly. With packing and postage it costs more but you tend to get very happy buyers when they receive their item a day or so after ordering.

GazCBG
02-06-2009, 20:45
I do put down a postage cost, but would like to be cheaper on postage.
Lately I been a few pounds out of pocket on the last 2 or 3 things I sold sending via RoyalMail / Parcelforce

Aragorn
02-06-2009, 21:21
Try Interparcel (http://www.interparcel.com). They are a discount courier broker, so for example the Interparcel 'standard' 48hr service is £8.05 +vat for a 7kg package and is actually collected and delivered by UPS. You can also use DHL and others.
Used them several times myself.

altis
02-06-2009, 22:19
I've received several parcels recently through Fastway - they seem very cheap:

http://www.fastwaycouriers.co.uk/8HomepageGeneric.html

I've also read many good words about Interparcel but never actually used them.

Staples also offer a cheap service through DHL.

Turkey Machine
03-06-2009, 02:17
If it's an item heavier than 2Kg then parcel2go.com is who we use, you get a small discount if you have an ebay ID (mainly as it's an ebay company) and for upto 20Kg they're less than £8 (with £50 compensation, full tracking and pick-up from your home)

The only issue is that they can't give you a collection time so you have to be in or leave it with a neighbour (we also have used this service in reverse for collect from a seller and deliver to our place)

They mainly use DHL and it's a 2-3 day delivery..

Anything else we use RM/PF
Christ no, don't use them. DHL are hilariously bad!

We used Interparcel on ours, but anything using DHL as a courier, BEWARE!

I had to get books sent to me at uni because I'd left them at home, cost about £30 in total including the insurance. I waited all day for them to deliver it on the Saturday, and they didn't. They then had the stupidity to say they'd tried to contact me but no response, and they'd left a card through the door (they hadn't). 2 hours later when I visited friends, I gave them a rather stern answer-phone message outlining my disgust at such an appalling service and how I'd be taking every avenue possible to not only get my parcel but also be compensated for the time and energy wasted waiting for the no-show "flappers", and I also told my mother who'd sent the damn parcel in the first place. Delivery was refunded, insurance wasn't, and it arrived Monday morning!

DON'T USE DHL!

Use UPS or something if you absolutely must, but Royal Mail and Parcelforce aren't that bad in the scheme of things.

Nidge
03-06-2009, 04:10
Hi,

I use TNT or DHL for my deliveries, they've always been spot on and are pretty cheap.

Peter_
03-06-2009, 07:04
In my old job we used APC (http://www.apc-overnight.com/) and Citylink (http://www.city-link.com/) and found them to very good and reliable plus they both deliver nationwide.

mentalis
03-06-2009, 07:57
I can recommend you don't use the home delivery network. Play.com sent me a router using HDNL, and I had a bad time trying to get the parcel off them.

First they delivered but I wasn't in. I called them and asked them to leave with a neighbour.

Second day I had a ticket saying they couldn't deliver the item to me.

I called again and asked if I could pick it it. They said yes, but they weren't able to tell me where the depot was or arrange a time. The depot would do that, and they would call me.

Guess what? They didn't call. I was prepared to leave it, let it get returned to Play, and argue with them, as Play have much better customer support.

Eventually they did eventually leave it with a neighbour.

They may be good from a vendor point of view, but not for receiving customers.

Scarlett
03-06-2009, 09:06
Christ no, don't use them. DHL are hilariously bad!

My wife used to work in a goods in department. fomr some reaosn they seemed to think DHL stood for Drop it, Hide it, Lose it.

Never had any issues with Parcel force in the past.

Turkey Machine
03-06-2009, 15:01
I'm afraid I have to correct my post, as I've remembered it was actually "Citylink" that delivered mine and were so unhelpful til they actually delivered it on the Monday 2 days after intended delivery, but my parents have had no end of problems with DHL for some reason.

Kymmy
03-06-2009, 15:19
Only ever had one propblem with DHL (via parcel2go) and that was when they didn;t collect for 2 days after we had that major snow last year.. All of thier collections got put back 2 days..

As I said for under £8 for upto 20Kg is good going