PDA

View Full Version : I can't change my IP Address anymore

GarethFerguson
01-06-2009, 13:19
Hey Guys

I change my IP often as I test security on my Web Server and I always end up getting blocked from my servers firewall.

I always used the utility "DHCP IP Forcer" to change my IP Address and it always worked great! but now, everytime I run it and attempt to change my IP, I always get assigned with the exact same IP Address. I tried it manually through the Microsoft Command Prompt by using the correct functions related to "ipconfig" and I still get assigned with the same IP Address.

Does anyone know if Virgin Media have blocked anyone from changing their IP Address?

Kymmy
01-06-2009, 13:21
Just change the MAC on your NIC and it should change

GarethFerguson
01-06-2009, 13:21
Do you have any online tutorial/ video on how to perform that?

Thanks Kymmy

Kymmy
01-06-2009, 13:25
Depends on the NIC and the utility used. It's been covered on this forum lots of times so just give it a search

GarethFerguson
01-06-2009, 13:28
Ok, thanks alot Kymmy.

100meg
01-06-2009, 17:21
changing the mac on the modem will give you a new ip

MovedGoalPosts
01-06-2009, 17:40
changing the mac on the modem will give you a new ip

But to do so would be to interfere with VM supplied kit and thus against the terms of use. This will not be discussed any further on this forum.

You can change change the mac of the network device attached to the modem and reboot the modem. Normally that will result in a new IP being allocated. Easiest way to do all this is to clone a new mac into a router's WAN port, using the standard setup pages of the router's config.

100meg
01-06-2009, 18:33
Rob i was only joking.

but yes eather change mac on router or if you dont have a router
most lan cards allow your to change there mac from properties

if it dont just download a MAC Address Spoofer.

reboot modem and you got a new ip