PDA

View Full Version : any one now how to stop people from cloning macs

stevenmassey
31-05-2009, 13:06
any one now how to stop people from clonig ya mac address an slowing ya speed down as happend to me alot:mad:

indie1982
31-05-2009, 14:46
AFAIK If someone's cloning your MAC address on the same UBR as yourself then your speed won't decrease, you'll simply have no connection. If they're using your MAC address on a different UBR it still won't effect your speed as they're not linked, kinda why the problem of MAC cloning exists in the first place really!

MovedGoalPosts
31-05-2009, 14:52
Cable Forum is always sensitive when it comes to these types of posts. By all means discuss, but if any response gives any indication of how you might clone modems, in an attempt to discuss how to block it, the thread will be closed.

Sirius
31-05-2009, 16:14
any one now how to stop people from clonig ya mac address an slowing ya speed down as happend to me alot:mad:May i ask why you have been asking me in pm for macs then ?

i have some macs from dudly way how do i go about swapping them as new to forums matey ok ''just learning does this message go through to our inbox in messinger or what mate heres my addy 4 windows live .

Sirius
31-05-2009, 18:23
May i ask why you have been asking me in pm for macs then ?
Might i just say my answer to this person was NO. I don't help anyone to steal cable services. Anyone else asking me the same question will get the same answer.