PDA

View Full Version : connection

SUE44
27-05-2009, 08:33
hi, hope somebody can tell me how to connect my vcr to virgin tv box so that i can record from it,thanks

dd11
27-05-2009, 08:47
...using scart plug your vcr into the vcr scart output on virgin box, switch vcr to that scart input channel. is that what you meant :S?

SUE44
27-05-2009, 11:46
...using scart plug your vcr into the vcr scart output on virgin box, switch vcr to that scart input channel. is that what you meant :S?

yes i,ve tried the scart leads in both av1 and av2 sockets, i get a picture but can't record if you can tell what goes where i'd be pleased as i've spent so long trying to do it i am ready to give up!!

dave_dph
30-05-2009, 17:46
yes i,ve tried the scart leads in both av1 and av2 sockets, i get a picture but can't record if you can tell what goes where i'd be pleased as i've spent so long trying to do it i am ready to give up!!

Connect a scart lead to the vcr socket on the back ot the cable tv box. Connect the other end to one of the scart sockets on the vcr. To record cable you would select the channel you want on the cable box and then set the vcr to record the av channel that the scart is plugged into on the back of the vcr. i.e. if you connect the scart to av2 on the vcr then you have to select channel av2 in order to record the signal coming from the cable box.

Hope that helps?

SUE44
30-05-2009, 18:40
all done, thank-you