PDA

View Full Version : Any problems in nottingham?

WeyounTDB
25-05-2009, 13:46
I can browse the net for a few links, then the entire connection stops working. Right clicking and "repair" or rebooting the modem or disabling and re-enabling the NIC via "network connections" gets it going again but then it stops...

It's not just web access - ventrillo, games and software updates wont work either.

Kymmy
25-05-2009, 13:49
Don't know about nottingham but for the last half hour I've had a flaky connection in Luton ( cpc*-flit1-0-0-cust***.lutn.cable.ntl.com ) with having to refresh a few times to get anywhere. Even my local server (which still goes through the modem as it's on another IP) has been crashing my SSH connections

Axegrinder
25-05-2009, 13:52
What UBR are on i'm in NG2 on clif6 everything seems fine.

WeyounTDB
25-05-2009, 13:54
What UBR are on i'm in NG2 on clif6 everything seems fine.
I wouldnt know how to find that out but I'm in NG7, forest fields.

ratcom
25-05-2009, 13:59
I can browse the net for a few links, then the entire connection stops working. Right clicking and "repair" or rebooting the modem or disabling and re-enabling the NIC via "network connections" gets it going again but then it stops...

It's not just web access - ventrillo, games and software updates wont work either.
I'm having major problems in NG16 (kimberley & Eastwood) Pings at 600+ and browsing is very slow.... strange thing is my ftp and torrents are running fine!?

Walford
25-05-2009, 20:33
I wouldnt know how to find that out but I'm in NG7, forest fields.

Go to www.ipchicken.com (http://www.ipchicken.com) and at the bottom it says 'Name Address' and then a long address. Mine for instance is ...
ip removed.cable.ubr07.hawk.blueyonder.co.uk

The bit you are looking for is 'ubr**', like shown above, mine is 'ubr07'.

Jack :D

Paul
25-05-2009, 20:53
I'm having major problems in NG16 (kimberley & Eastwood) Pings at 600+ and browsing is very slow.... strange thing is my ftp and torrents are running fine!?
My pings are fine, but my speed is bloody awful (again) tonight - barely hitting 2M instead of 20M.

Kymmy
25-05-2009, 20:53
Ex-NTL connection give it differently, mine states

cpc3-flit1-0-0-cust***.lutn.cable.ntl.com

With the highlighted items signifying the UBR details. Please note that I've removed my customer number the same way as the IP was removed in Walford's last post as that would give people a direct link to your connection..

The site has it's own CONNECTION link at the top of the page to give you the above information without having to leave the site

My problems from this morning though vanished after midday

nffc
25-05-2009, 20:58
Mine are fine, admittedly the other side of town!

Walford
26-05-2009, 12:13
The site has it's own CONNECTION link at the top of the page to give you the above information without having to leave the site

I have just found this about 5 minutes ago! It's a useful too for solving problems. :D

ratcom
26-05-2009, 16:32
Right day 3......... now my ping is 3000+
Looks like I'm on basford 2

cpc4-basf2-0-0-cust***.nott.cable.ntl.com

Axegrinder
26-05-2009, 16:54
The basf2 UBR is oversubscribed an has been for many months now.

ratcom
26-05-2009, 17:53
The basf2 UBR is oversubscribed an has been for many months now.

Thanks for the info mate, I think after looking around here that all of the Basford UBR's are oversubscribed!

Anyway I bit the bullet and gave NTL sorry .... virgin and ring as this only started after I come off the V.I.P. package on Saturday. Anyway he checked my modem and found a corrupt config file on there (must of been when they downgraded me from 20 meg) Fixed in 5 minutes!! now ping the bbc.co.uk are with 15ms and speed is up to 9meg ......very happy(ish) ...............(must not change to 50meg when available)