PDA

View Full Version : Vodfone Contract

terryw
23-05-2009, 00:09
I got a contract phone on Thursday, its the Sony Erriksson C510, with 200 minutes, unlimited texts and a internet browsing package (unlimited fair usage at 500mb). The price is just under £28 per month.

Is this reasonable, I literally have no idea about phones or contracts/minutes.

If it is not a good deal or I wish to change something within the next week, what are my options?

Cheers
Terryw

suggsy
27-05-2009, 10:56
I got a contract phone on Thursday, its the Sony Erriksson C510, with 200 minutes, unlimited texts and a internet browsing package (unlimited fair usage at 500mb). The price is just under £28 per month.

If it is not a good deal or I wish to change something within the next week, what are my options?

Cheers
Terryw

Doesn't sound too bad mate, depends on your priorities regarding calls/texts/net browsing etc, i'm with orange on an 18 month contract, 1200 mins to uk landlines & any mobile network within uk @ £39 p/month.

Slyder
27-05-2009, 22:34
200 mins sounds a bit low.

Just to give you an idea, my contract is 600mins, 1000txts and unlimited browsing. £30 a month. Thats with o2

I was with Vodafone for 8yrs and personally wouldnt go back. I find them to be the most expensive network.

Jimmy-J
28-05-2009, 02:21
200 mins sounds a bit low.

Just to give you an idea, my contract is 600mins, 1000txts and unlimited browsing. £30 a month. Thats with o2

I was with Vodafone for 8yrs and personally wouldnt go back. I find them to be the most expensive network.

I just took out another contract for 18 month with Vodafone...

Free HTC Magic G2 (unlocked) - 700 anytime mins - unlimited txt - unlimited internet (500mb)- unlimited calls to landlines - free unlimited calls to other Vodafone customers - free magic number (normally cost £75) and a free bluetooth headset, all this for £47 a month.

That's not all, I get the first 10 months at half price (£23.65) so i'll only pay the full cost for the remaining 8 months, also the insurance is built into that too.

Deal setup yesterday afternoon over the phone (about 40 mins of dealing), free next day delivery, and a 14 day cooling off period, just in case I change my mind.

There was something else he gave me for free, something to do with calls abroad, but it wasn't to do with roaming, I forget. :scratch:

If you're thinking of going with Vodafone, then nip into one of their stores and ask the assistant to request that one of their on-line sales team give you a call. You'll get a better deal over the phone than you would in store.

If you're already with Vodafone, then just dial 191 free from your handset.

AndyCambs
28-05-2009, 04:46
Depends how much internet usage you are going to make. Virgin Mobile have an £18 tariff which gives you 200mins, 500 text messages, and internet browsing is only 30p per day - unlimited browsing for that cost) and includes the free phone.

If you already have a phone, and want a SIM only deal, and you are an existing VM client, then you can have 300mins, plus 300 text messages for £10 per month.

If you are not already a VM customer - then £15 per month gets you 300mins, and unllimited texts on a SIM only.

Jimmy-J
28-05-2009, 07:56

Cheers
Terryw

Is the contract for 12 or 18 month?

I'd get back in-touch with them (191 from your handset) and tell them that after some thought, you've decided that this plan isn't worth £28pm. You could tell them that your mates have better deals for less money. Stick by your guns, and tell them that you need a better deal or you'll have to look elsewhere. Be polite.

You should have 14 days cool off period, not 7. If they want to keep you as a customer, they should be able to offer you a better deal than what you have now.

Good luck! :)

terryw
28-05-2009, 22:20
Thanks for the replies everyone.

After many phone calls, here is the story.

The in store lady who I got the phone/contract with, put me on the wrong price plan for my phone and it was not the phone I wanted.

I still have the phone, but now have 600minutes, unlimted texts and an internet package for £30per month.

I have sent an email to Vodafone, and will be sending another one soon due to further issues (changing my price plan, but it didn't go through, twice).

Cheers everyone :angel:

AndyCambs
28-05-2009, 22:38
Thanks for the replies everyone.

After many phone calls, here is the story.

The in store lady who I got the phone/contract with, put me on the wrong price plan for my phone and it was not the phone I wanted.

I still have the phone, but now have 600minutes, unlimted texts and an internet package for £30per month.

I have sent an email to Vodafone, and will be sending another one soon due to further issues (changing my price plan, but it didn't go through, twice).

Cheers everyone :angel:

Did you see the new tariffs announced today by Virgin Mobile?

terryw
28-05-2009, 23:25
@AndyCambs: Nope what are they?

m419
28-05-2009, 23:31

Cheers
Terryw

No its not!!!

3 offer the same deal for £20 per month but mobile internet is 1GB allowance so its literally unlimited, 3 also offer unlimited calls to other 3 mobiles and 3 offer free skype too!.

So you will be paying for Vodafone more for less services. Or you could go to 3 with 92% 3G coverage and 99% 2G back up coverage and pay £20 per month for a quite lot more services for the same deal!

dragon
29-05-2009, 01:37
I used to get 600Minutes 500 texts and unlimited web for £35 on o2.

that was on an 18month contract with a HTC TYTN2 (Xda stellar) I did have to pay some towards the cost of the handset tho as it was one of the most expensive handsets they did at the time.

I'm still on o2 but I've since changed my tarrif.

AndyCambs
29-05-2009, 05:50
@AndyCambs: Nope what are they?

Available here (http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/payMonthlyTariffs.do)

Virgin 18 Unlimited Data - 150 mins + 500 messages + unlimited data.

Though depending on your data usage, Virgin Mobile only charge 30p per day unlimited downloads. So any other tariff would only be an extra £9.30 (assuming you used the connection every day, which you may not).