PDA

View Full Version : 50meg problem with new router

adamwarby
22-05-2009, 15:01
Hi All,

I've had the 50meg internet service installed today with the wireless router, WRN2000, which has been great, running really smoothly.
The only thing being, my xbox360 (over wireless) does not see the router in any way shape or form. I have tried until I'm pulling my hair out. I have placed them side by side to see if it was the distance that was affecting anything, but still no joy. I've tried 54MBPS, 145MBPS and 300MBPS, all with no luck.

Help! Please! Anyone?

Any help at all will be much appreciated

cnewton2k
22-05-2009, 17:05
You have made sure the network is broacasting the network name?

Also try manually adding the network on the console.

adamwarby
22-05-2009, 17:34
Yeah, it's broadcasting the name.

I've manually added the network on the xbox, but it comes back with the error message that it cannot find the network.

It's so fustrating! Thanks for your help.

cnewton2k
22-05-2009, 17:43
This may sound daft but you have gone all the way through the router setup? I think i remember when i had one that if you didn't complete it wireless wouldn't work!

Have you connected anything else via wireless?

adamwarby
22-05-2009, 18:03
I did go through the all the way through the setup yeah.

I have 2 laptops, 2 desktops and my iPhone all successfully connected up - that's what's so confusing!

I have 2 xbox 360's, and both won't see the network!!?!

EDIT: I've also spoken to Netgear CS who were beyond unhelp. They told me nothing they could do as the router was connecting fine to other devices? They told me to call MS. No doubt when I call MS, they will tell me to ring Netgear. Argh!!!!!

cnewton2k
22-05-2009, 18:06
try setting the router at 54mbps instead of 108mbps

and just set the network type to b & g

adamwarby
22-05-2009, 19:01
There doesn't appear to be anywhere to change the network type? The only problem being as well, if I set it to b or g, I won't get the full use of my 50meg connection?

I've tried changing the router to 54mbps, but to no avail.

Thanks for your continued help

---------- Post added at 19:01 ---------- Previous post was at 18:17 ----------

I have sorted it! Something oh so simple that neither MS, nor Netgear CS suggested.

The xbox adapter does not support WPA2 security! I just set the router to WPA2 + WPA, and away I go! Thanks for all your help!

It good news for me, but bad news for whoever I play on Street Fighter 4 tonight!

Ashes2049
22-05-2009, 19:14
Nice one. I was going to suggest to try changing the broadcast channel or taking off/changing any security. You beat me to it :(