PDA

View Full Version : Housing Help

Zee
09-05-2009, 21:42
So basicly some of you know i lost my mum about 1 month ago i also lost my job just 2 weeks before that.

Now my brother is making a big deal of everything making my life a missery im not able to study properly and i have no money maybe just £100 left from my last paycheck.

i dont want to live in this house anymore so is there any help i can get from the government like housing or something till i get myself back on my feet? i been looking for ajob for the last week but its hard? what can i do?

Mick Fisher
09-05-2009, 21:51
Last time I looked the situation was that a single male had no standing whatsoever when it comes to housing. Of course this situation may have changed or may vary between Councils. The only way to find out is to ask your local Council. Also don't forget, Councils distinguish between being made Homeless and making yourself Homeless.

Personally, unless you can find a friend who can put you up or share a flat with you, I think you have no option but to grin and bear it. Remember a permanent address is one of the most important things you possess. Lose it and you become a nobody. It can be very very difficult to regain your former status.

dilli-theclaw
09-05-2009, 21:54
Also you could look at the benefit section here http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

But yup I'd definately ask the council, and yes you must be vary careful about not making yourself homeless. When I split from my ex I had to be careful about that.

Dai
09-05-2009, 21:58
Remember a permanent address is one of the most important things you possess. Lose it and you become a nobody. It can be very very difficult to regain your former status.

I'd agree strongly with what Mick says. Been there, thankfully many years ago but I'd never want to be in that situation again.

No permanent address makes it virtually impossible to get work, and complicates your life in ways you never want to find out about. Believe me, that's not somewhere you want to be.

Maggy
09-05-2009, 21:59
So basicly some of you know i lost my mum about 1 month ago i also lost my job just 2 weeks before that.

Now my brother is making a big deal of everything making my life a missery im not able to study properly and i have no money maybe just £100 left from my last paycheck.

i dont want to live in this house anymore so is there any help i can get from the government like housing or something till i get myself back on my feet? i been looking for ajob for the last week but its hard? what can i do?

Is there no one in the local Afghan community who can intercede between you and your brother? :erm:

Zee
09-05-2009, 22:07
i dont want to do this really.
i want to find a job so i can pay half the bills in the house. its so hard to find a job now, are there any jobs going anywhere? i tried job centre and the agency i got my last job from told me they dont do it again because they can only register us once...

---------- Post added at 22:07 ---------- Previous post was at 22:02 ----------

Is there no one in the local Afghan community who can intercede between you and your brother? :erm:

he wont listen to them he likes to be way to big, he thinks too high of him self. he can't speak Persian properly like me either so it would be difficult.

he's the executor of my mothers will too so it makes me feel a little low he was saying something today like "if i want to cross of something from her will because im the executor i will do it"

the house (my moms house) now belongs to me and my brothers, but im quite sure it says something like no one can sell the house until my father dies.

i dont want to leave this house because too many memories are here, im just a little confused about all this legal stuff because i cant speak english like him and it gets me confused.

Chris
09-05-2009, 22:27
he's the executor of my mothers will too so it makes me feel a little low he was saying something today like "if i want to cross of something from her will because im the executor i will do it"

In which case he's full of poo. His task as executor is to ensure the will is followed to the letter. If he alters the will in any way he is liable to a charge of fraud. There should be at least one other executor. Who is that, and are they likely to be more reasonable?

If your brother is determined to be a total arse about this you could do worse than to phone your mum's solicitor and have an informal chat. I'm sure the solicitor would be happy to remind your brother what his responsibilities are.