PDA

View Full Version : T Mobile Fraudsters - Help Needed

aliferste
09-05-2009, 07:16
Hiya,

My wife went into phones 4 U and received a phone upgrade, on her next bill she realised her price plan had been changed from flext 20 to combi 35(with a discount) - so her bill went from £20 to £25

We do not care how good a deal this is it is the principal.

She phoned T Mobile who stated Phones 4 U are at fault, Phones 4 U state they cannot change price plans T Mobile can only do it. A chap from T Mobile then stated that she must pay £50 or pay the extra £5 to keep the phone - this is a week after the deal was made with phones 4 U.

Phones 4 U advised she should go to trading standards and are appalled at T Mobile - they have advised her to cancel her DD.

My wife speaks to a different person every time she phones T Mobile - yesterday she spent 4 hours on the phone and had to drive to phones 4 U (who have been good I suppose)

We have to send a letter and fax to T Mobile (advised by Trading Standards) stating they have broke such and such law.

Bottom line is this is appalling - anyone know a contact number for complaints or to speak to someone who can get this sorted?

Raistlin
09-05-2009, 08:50
Your wife's contract is with Phones 4U.

They sold her the service, she entered into her agreement with them, T-Mobile just provide the service that she contracted with Phones 4U for.

She needs to get into Phones 4U, or call them up, and tell them that she didn't agree to a change of tariff and that she expects them to stick to the tariff that her contracts states she should be getting.

I'm guessing that what actually happened here is that they didn't 'upgrade' her as such (which is simply a new phone on the same tariff) they actually gave her the new phone at the same time as migrating her to a new tariff.

aliferste
09-05-2009, 09:24
Reading the contract it says nothing at all about a tariff - all it states is a phone upgrade - she already went into see them and they stated that they do not change tariffs only T mobile can do that - they phoned T-Mobile who basically stated that they had changed the tariff without any explanation.

My wife was with him when he did this - the shop state that they did not change the tariff - T Mobile have just decided to up her tariff without consulting them or her.

Raistlin
09-05-2009, 09:39
If your wife's original contract for the service was with Phones 4u it's still down to them to sort it.

If they won't I suggest she finds a different service provider.

aliferste
09-05-2009, 09:57
The original contract was with T- Mobile itself(for around 3 years).

She then went into Phones 4U and they gave her an upgraded phone - they stated nothing would change however T- Mobile for some reason changed her tariff without telling phones 4U or my wife.

Is the problem still with phones 4U?

ShadowTD
14-05-2009, 10:23
TBH I'd suspect P4U. In my experience they are nothing but a bunch of lying shysters. As T-Mobile who authorised the change in tariff. Ask them to put this in writing. If you're having difficulty getting someone at T-Mobile to help you, try using the option 'if you are thinking of leaving T-Mobile'.

You've also normally got a cooling off period (7-14 days) so she may just be able to take the phone into P4U, cancel the contract and get a PAC code to take her number to another network.

Paul K
14-05-2009, 10:34
Suonds like the phone was only available on that plan and either your wife wasn't told or didn't realise the impact of taking the phone.