PDA

View Full Version : V+ & move STB query

Blackened
05-05-2009, 12:43
I have an engineer coming today installing a V+ box and moving existing STB upstairs. There's no scope for internal wiring, the room is too far away (without going through floors and ceilings) for a start. He'd be here forever clipping the cable in. It is however above where the V+ box will be (and where the feed is). Given that he (hopefully) knows he'll be moving a box upstairs is it likely he will he be equipped to take the cable up the outside wall and into the upstairs room? Or is this going to end up as I fear - with a return visit.

Ta.

dd11
05-05-2009, 14:36
I have an engineer coming today installing a V+ box and moving existing STB upstairs. There's no scope for internal wiring, the room is too far away (without going through floors and ceilings) for a start. He'd be here forever clipping the cable in. It is however above where the V+ box will be (and where the feed is). Given that he (hopefully) knows he'll be moving a box upstairs is it likely he will he be equipped to take the cable up the outside wall and into the upstairs room? Or is this going to end up as I fear - with a return visit.

Ta.

if your question is will he wire the upstairs box on the inside or outside of the house, then the eaiest way is what he or she even:shocked: will do. They usualy have a drill and do it outside if its easier, thats what mine did.

Blackened
05-05-2009, 14:47
Thanks for the reply. Question really, is will he run from the existing box on the wall inside downstairs to a box inside upstairs via an outside cable up the front of the house.
Yeah, it is the easiest way. That or drill through a couple of internal walls and cable clip about 30 metres of coax where approx 5 metres will do.

dd11
05-05-2009, 16:00
im not sure, but it would make sense that splitting a wire from the outside and running it up the house wall, my my BB is upstairs and my TV is down, i dunno if its tyhe same cable or not though :S

Blackened
05-05-2009, 16:28
All done. Just over 30 mins for the lot.
Painless as can be.
:)

dd11
05-05-2009, 16:30
Excellent! what did he do in the end?

Blackened
05-05-2009, 16:39
Run it up the wall outside.
Nice chap. Did loads to accommodate where I needed the box putting and stuff.
Pleasant experience.