PDA

View Full Version : interference problem on virgin media phone line

mablelel
01-05-2009, 10:25
I have an interference problem on my cable phone line . It is a kind of crackling buzzing sound that is not always there but seems to build up as the phone call progresses. . . I have virgin media engineers out twice now They have relaid the cable in the street and also through my front garden.This has not solved the problem. I have disconnected all my internal wiring and just plugged the phone into the master socket. This still does not work. The phone is fairly new. I have an engineer coming out again in 10 days. Has anyone got any idea what is causing the problem? as i suspect the engineer will not have a clue thanks

Paul K
01-05-2009, 10:28
Is it a corded phone? Does the phone work okay on another line?

Welshchris
03-05-2009, 13:49
i have started having problems on my phone over the past few days. Apparently there is an an echo on it. I have no extension leads and i have even changed the phone itself so i am gonna see how it pans out.

Mr_Moo
04-05-2009, 23:14
If the engineers have been out twice I would suspect they've disconnected your phone and tried their own, but worth trying if you haven't seen them do it using a plain corded telephone you know that works.

m419
06-05-2009, 18:00
Thats the same noise i've heard when someone puts the phone down sometimes, I think its something to do with the exchange rather than the Cables in the street.