PDA

View Full Version : unlock code for sony ericsson W610i

richard1960
28-04-2009, 14:53
Hi i have a sony ericsson W610i locked into the virgin mobile service,does anyone know the unlocking code for this phone, or is it a question of stumping up money to virgin mobile to get it,i would like to use the phone with my current provider "3",thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards Richard.:)

AndyCambs
28-04-2009, 17:39
I think you might be able to get it unlocked from a local independent mobile phone store, but otherwise Virgin.

DocDutch
28-04-2009, 18:32
i have had virgin locked phones before and if you have used about 30-40 pounds worth of credit they unlock it for free at least that was the case 6 years ago

on in an hour!
28-04-2009, 18:51
just requested mine off virgin (brand new phone from them) and they charged me £15,local shop wanted £25!! ;) they didnt have the lead to do it on-line as the phones just been released.

richard1960
29-04-2009, 12:34
Thanks to everyone who took the time to reply,i have just been in touch with virgin mobile and stumped up the £15 they asked for to unlock the phone from the network,did not seem to be too bad a charge,seems well in line/below with what one of our local shops would charge. To tell the truth i was very sorry to leave virgin mobile the customer service was brilliant, only let down by patchy 3G coverage in our area via T-mobile, which is what i wanted.

I would have been quite happy to buy a 3G phone off of vm and stay with them otherwise,when unlocked i intend to use the W610i as a spare phone to use if my nokia N95,gets problems.