PDA

View Full Version : Expand network

Ninko
23-04-2009, 19:14
Hi there,
Does anyone know if VM are ever likely to exspand their cable network in the Cheltenham area? I may be moving home in the next year or so and don't really want to leave VM, and it will be to a non cable area, yet theres a cable area no more then a street or two away.

Thanks

Ninko

Turkey Machine
23-04-2009, 19:18
Hi there,
Does anyone know if VM are ever likely to exspand their cable network in the Cheltenham area? I may be moving home in the next year or so and don't really want to leave VM, and it will be to a non cable area, yet theres a cable area no more then a street or two away.

Thanks

Ninko

NTL or whatever company previously operated in East Anglia failed to deliver cable to Lowestoft for over 15 years, even though Gorlestone 6 miles up the road has it, so I highly doubt Virgin Media will be bothered to expand the network in Cheltenham to the newly developed areas.

chickendippers
23-04-2009, 20:59
No there are no plans, they're still saddled with massive debts from laying the first lot of cables.

"National" services are available off-net, but I'd advise you stay away if possible as they're rubbish.

jungleguy
23-04-2009, 22:05
I've heard there is talk of expansion. But actions speak loader than words, so don't hold your breath.

Welshchris
24-04-2009, 02:09
i read somewhere Virgin Media had stated they had no plans to do any sort of expansions until atleast 2012.

beeman
24-04-2009, 07:52
I beleave it was about 6 months ago in the shareholders meeting (the pdf doc was posted here somewere) VM did say they plan to start expanding there network "soon" (but gave no dates). The wording was somethiing along the lines of "We plan to start an intellegent expantion programe in the near future, mainly focosing on infilling".

Which suggests the plans is to expand into new developments that have popped up scince the previous network expansion programmes ended. Though i suspect this process will wait till all the analog only areas are completed.

Welshchris
24-04-2009, 12:20
i doubt they have any money to start to expand and if they do start to expand i think its a daft move on their part when the money should be spent to sort of the over subscription and traffic problems in the areas they currently supply.