PDA

View Full Version : Annoying phone calls

AHN-David
23-04-2009, 10:44
I recently got my VM installed after about 1 week i was getting really annoyed sales calls and more.

I contacted VM about this and they changed my number for free:angel: and they told me it was a brand new number. But after they changed my number it seems to be getting worse.

I get like 3+ calls a day for docters or somebody else. When they read the number its mine.

I contacted VM 3 seperate times to request a brand new number.

The first time I got through to someone who told me I COULD get a brand new number.(Hanged up and called again his english was not great)

The second time I got through I got told I CANT get a brand new number.

the thrid time I got told yes we can give you a brand new number at a small charge. after the agent got back to me he told me a number which has not been used in 6 months.

I am refusing to pay to get my number changed because I have been lied to after being told my first number was brand new and never used.

Please help I am starting to lose faith in VM.

STONEISLAND
23-04-2009, 10:49
TPS should stop the sales calls.

AHN-David
23-04-2009, 10:51
its not just sales calls thats the thing. Its people looking for a doctors! and telling me I have the docters numbers. either this world is pritty stupid on dialing incorrct numbers and taken note of nunmbers or I do have an Ex docters number.

superbiatch
23-04-2009, 11:43
..... or I do have an Ex docters number.

I think this is most likely. Working in close conjunction with GP's - I'm finding all the time that most are changing to 0844 numbers (which is more costly to patients!!).

My office has been located where it is for 5 years and it used to be a dentist. I get at least 1 call a week still for the dentist - so i reckon your best bet is to nip this in the bud asap.

AHN-David
23-04-2009, 11:50
Well like I said I have been lied to before being told that I got a brand new number. This time round VM is not so nice and want me to pay. But now I am getting told they cant give me a brand new number. it will be NON used for 6 months. all I really want to know is if VM can give me a unused number.

If they never lied to me in the first place telling me my first number was unused I would not mind paying because they have changed it before for free.

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 13:24
Would you class these calls as a nuisance?
Then check here (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/phone/security/unwantedcalls.html)

Nuisance calls

Excessive amount of 'wrong numbers' or calls at unsociable hours.
Malicious calls

A call containing obscene suggestions, personal threats or abusive language. How can I stop them?
Our Nuisance Call Bureau (NCB) will help and guide you, if you have been a victim of a nuisance and/or malicious phone call. Just call our free phone number and ask for the NCB on 0800 953 3333.
Note: It may be a criminal offence, under section 43 of the Telecommunications Act 1984, to make a malicious call.

AHN-David
23-04-2009, 13:31
Would you class these calls as a nuisance?
Then check here (http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/phone/security/unwantedcalls.html)

Hmm thanks alot. Would a have been nice for on of the VM staff to point me to something liek this.

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 13:33
Hmm thanks alot. Would a have been nice for on of the VM staff to point me to something liek this.

That's the power of the internet and Google... ;)

Gary L
26-04-2009, 20:09
Have you tried putting your number in Google with dialling code?