PDA

View Full Version : Driver wanted!!

bluesky_65
22-04-2009, 15:13
Need someone to help share driving from London(ish) to Edinburgh & back in one day, sometime in the next few days.

Will provide food on the way!

(Don't mind if you haven't got a licence, as long as you can drive a focus!!)

PM or email wessexmail-p2009@yahoo.co.uk if you can help!

danielf
22-04-2009, 15:17

EH? :erm:

southwell
Most random thread ive ever read.

Nugget
Err, isn't driving without a licence illegal?

That and the fact that it's an 800 mile round trip (in a day) makes this seem a little dodgy...

MovedGoalPosts
22-04-2009, 15:21
To be able to drive, and be properly insured, you need a full licence. Anyone even considering taking this on woud need their mind checking, since if this is the OP's attitude one wonders how legal any of it might be.

bluesky_65
Err, isn't driving without a licence illegal?

That and the fact that it's an 800 mile round trip (in a day) makes this seem a little dodgy...
Ok licence bit tongue in cheek but could do with a hand! long day...

icestar2
There seems to be a couple of these 1 post posters going on today. Very dodgy indeed.

Raistlin
22-04-2009, 15:22
[...]could do with a hand! long day...

From someone you've never met before, and who you know nothing about?

The Hitman
22-04-2009, 15:25
Need someone to help share driving from London(ish) to Edinburgh & back in one day, sometime in the next few days.

:D:p::LOL:

bluesky_65
22-04-2009, 15:27
From someone you've never met before, and who you know nothing about?
It's just a request, probably won't find anyone!

Julian
22-04-2009, 15:41
Will this person be expected to wait outside somewhere with the engine running?

icestar2
22-04-2009, 15:43

Lol thats exactly what I was thinking. I think what he's looking for is a Transporter ;)

AndyCambs
22-04-2009, 15:43
Take my word for it - National Express East Coast's service is pretty reasonable direct from Edinburgh to London...

bluesky_65
22-04-2009, 15:45
LOL! No, nothing like that!

Just need to return belongings to my old flatmate, nothing dodgy!!

---------- Post added at 14:45 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

Take my word for it - National Express East Coast's service is pretty reasonable direct from Edinburgh to London...
Agreed - I use it often.

Only this time I have too many bags to take!

icestar2
22-04-2009, 15:47
LOL! No, nothing like that!

Just need to return belongings to my old flatmate, nothing dodgy

And your friend has something for you in return right ? lol, sorry I cant help it. Its just that this is a very strange and funny thread to post on a cable forum.

bluesky_65
22-04-2009, 15:48
And you friend has something for you in return right ? lol, sorry I cant help it. Its just that this is a very strange and funny thread to post on a cable forum.
Well I hope so, a strong cup of tea for starters!

Oh well, just a thought!

Off to work now!

Stuart
22-04-2009, 15:56
I don't mean to pry, but your ex-flatmate is expecting you to drive 800 miles (round trip) and won't even offer you a bed for the night? Assuming you are friends, it might actually make for a nice night out and a good way to catch up..

It's certainly safer doing that than driving 800 miles in 24 hours, even if there is two of you.

Damien
22-04-2009, 16:09
The other weird thing is that you use the route often, but this is your ex flatmate. So either you left Edinburgh but took his stuff with you, or he left London and moved to Edinburgh but then why would you have used the London to Edinburgh coach trip so much? Crazy :P

Gary L
22-04-2009, 16:54

I don't drive Fords. and I wouldn't do it with a passenger. them are my rules and I stick by them :)

Russ
22-04-2009, 16:56
There's something not right in all this.....

Paul
22-04-2009, 17:31
If you dont want to help then simply dont respond. No need for conspiricy theories. :)

Julian
22-04-2009, 18:31
Seriously though, how would the insurance work for anyone driving your car?

Gary L
22-04-2009, 18:51
Seriously though, how would the insurance work for anyone driving your car?

Some policies entitle you to drive another car, as long as the owner also holds valid insurance.

Hugh
22-04-2009, 18:59
Usually only third-party, though.

TheDaddy
22-04-2009, 19:06
Some policies entitle you to drive another car, as long as the owner also holds valid insurance.

A lot of insurance companies aren't offering that service anymore, far to many people taking advantage of the system apparently.

Gary L
22-04-2009, 19:12
A lot of insurance companies aren't offering that service anymore, far to many people taking advantage of the system apparently.

Is that this one though? someone has to hold insurance for the Ferrari that you're using to make you legal to drive it.

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 06:00
It would normally be that the second driver has his/her own car and insurance, and on the wording it says "insured to drive another car not belonging to them etc.."

tweetypie/8
23-04-2009, 07:13
It's just a request, probably won't find anyone!

wanna bet.;)

lucy7
23-04-2009, 08:31
This is a stupid thread and request, the man is wierd to even place a post like this on Cable Forum.
I seriously think it should be removed!

Raistlin
23-04-2009, 08:38
This is a stupid thread and request, the man is wierd to even place a post like this on Cable Forum.
I seriously think it should be removed!

Not your place to decide lucy7, and you're not being forced to read it.

None of the rules have been broken.

lucy7
23-04-2009, 08:42
Not your place to decide lucy7, and you're not being forced to read it.

None of the rules have been broken.

I know that Rob, knew one of you would reply like that!

Does not stop me typing it though!;):)

Saaf_laandon_mo
23-04-2009, 11:47
I'm interested as to why a driver is needed. I thought it might be because he doesnt want to stop and therefore change drivers and get to London quicker. I can't see it as being an illegal request, if it was the other way i.e London to Edinburgh I'd be tempted - after telling someone the details of the driver and the car I'm going up in.I love going up to Scotland to meet mates.

Damien
23-04-2009, 11:52
I'm interested as to why a driver is needed. I thought it might be because he doesnt want to stop and therefore change drivers and get to London quicker. I can't see it as being an illegal request, if it was the other way i.e London to Edinburgh I'd be tempted - after telling someone the details of the driver and the car I'm going up in.I love going up to Scotland to meet mates.

It is London to Edinburgh.

STONEISLAND
23-04-2009, 11:54
It is London to Edinburgh.

Wow looks like we finally have a volunteer!!! :D

Saaf_laandon_mo
23-04-2009, 12:05
In that case I'd want to know details of why I'm required, I'd also drive to a point in Edinburgh i.e Station where my mates would be waiting for me, and I'd want ID of the person to give to my friend who works in the British Transport police to run a quick check.

And then, and this is where things get difficult, I'd need the wife's permission - which I don't think I'd get, especially since I''m recovering from a slipped disc and find it difficult to sit in a car for the much shorter journey to her mum's (is that really due to my slipped disc tho ;) ) lol.

danielf
23-04-2009, 12:08
In that case I'd want to know details of why I'm required, I'd also drive to a point in Edinburgh i.e Station where my mates would be waiting for me, and I'd want ID of the person to give to my friend who works in the British Transport police to run a quick check.

And then, and this is where things get difficult, I'd need the wife's permission - which I don't think I'd get, especially since I''m recovering from a slipped disc and find it difficult to sit in a car for the much shorter journey to her mum's (is that really due to my slipped disc tho ;) ) lol.

Just take some of those class A drugs you'll be ferrying up to Edinburgh and you should be ok.

Stuart
23-04-2009, 12:14

It's not illegal AFAIK. If it was and I knew it, I would have closed the thread.

It's a unusual request, granted, but not an illegal one.

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 12:22
It's not illegal AFAIK. If it was and I knew it, I would have closed the thread.

It's a unusual request, granted, but not an illegal one.

It would be illegal if there was no insurance or licence for the driver (and there was an implication of this).

Stuart
23-04-2009, 12:50
True..

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 13:27
True..

So on balance - this part, I would say incites an illegal activity.

Stuart
23-04-2009, 14:41
So on balance - this part, I would say incites an illegal activity.

IF he meant it..

Ok licence bit tongue in cheek but could do with a hand! long day...

After all, who would be foolish enough to drive 400 miles, mostly on motorways, with someone who has either lost their licence or not passed their test in the first place?

Saaf_laandon_mo
23-04-2009, 14:42
Actually I don't think the poster is doing anything illegal. He might be condoning an illegal activity, but it is the driver without a license that will be conducting the illegal activity.

I actually didn't notice the part about the license originally. I thought the poster was only refering to insurance.

AndyCambs
23-04-2009, 14:44
Actually I don't think the poster is doing anything illegal. He might be condoning an illegal activity, but it is the driver without a license that will be conducting the illegal activity.

I actually didn't notice the part about the license originally. I thought the poster was only refering to insurance.

It's his car, and he would be a passenger in it.
He would knowingly have permitted someone to drive his car without the proper licence.

Stuart
26-04-2009, 14:57

Actually, if someone drives a car without a licence, then the authorities can hold anyone in the car who has a licence responsible.