PDA

View Full Version : Transferring Virgin number to BT Line?

hmptec
20-04-2009, 15:31
Hi,

I want to transfer my Virgin phone number to a BT line, but then get a replacement phone number on Virgin line.

Anyone know if this can be done before I ring 150?

Thanks.

daveeb
21-04-2009, 10:43
Sorry I don't know the answer to the question, but I want the opposite i.e. to transfer my existing BT phone number to my existing VM line :erm:

AndyCambs
21-04-2009, 11:38
I'd guess that if you port your number from Virgin to BT, then it means cancelling the contract with Virgin. If you then want another Virgin line, I can quite see another installation charge.

As for transferring from BT to Virgin, shouldn't be a problem but again once you have your PAC, the original contract with BT will be stopped

daveeb
21-04-2009, 13:35
Cheers Andy

Stephen
21-04-2009, 14:54
Yes both can be done. You will need to go to the supplier you want to transfer the number to, in order for the process to be started. Do not however call to cancel the current service as that will make the port impossible. You need an active account with the old/current provider.

AndyCambs
21-04-2009, 15:30
Yes both can be done. You will need to go to the supplier you want to transfer the number to, in order for the process to be started. Do not however call to cancel the current service as that will make the port impossible. You need an active account with the old/current provider.

You are presumably though going to run into some problems if you want to port your Virgin number to BT, but keep a Virgin Line?

hmptec
22-04-2009, 08:14
Thanks for all the advice. Virgin have told me that if I port my number to BT, they could allocate me a new number, but that it would constitute a new 12 month contract. Not sure I want to do that tbh.

AndyCambs
22-04-2009, 08:51
Thanks for all the advice. Virgin have told me that if I port my number to BT, they could allocate me a new number, but that it would constitute a new 12 month contract. Not sure I want to do that tbh.

I can understand the logic - if you port the number, it means the contract is terminated with VM and started afresh with BT. So a new number would then mean a new contract.