PDA

View Full Version : Orange Nokia 5800 updating

irishguymcr
17-04-2009, 13:27
Hi,

I don't know if anyone else on here as the Nokia 5800 Red variant from Orange but I am getting really annoyed with both Nokia and Orange passing the buck as I can't upgrade to the new V20 software which offers more functionality and better response from phone.

I have 2 Nokia 5800 on the same account one is Red the other Silver ... the Silver one has updated without a problem but the Red one says V11 is the latest software.

Orange are useless as they first arranged a replacement Red handset which has the same problem and now advise me that the issue is with Nokia ... Nokia advise me that Orange has not given them the Orange version of the update for the Red 5800 and therefore cannot provide update.

I'm going round in circles and neither company is taking responsibility.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I can't break the contact as I'm tied in for 18 months.

Slyder
23-04-2009, 20:04
Take it to a phone shop, pay the £10-15 quid to get it debranded and get the latest Nokia software on there.

If thats an option ?

irishguymcr
24-04-2009, 07:21
Take it to a phone shop, pay the £10-15 quid to get it debranded and get the latest Nokia software on there.

If thats an option ?

Thanks for the help ... I have contacted Orange and they have finally sent me a silver Nokia 5800 and it updated immediately so it's sorted.