PDA

View Full Version : Wii to internet answers for stupid one Please

Itshim
17-04-2009, 12:21
I have Virgin broadband . Hard wired Ethernet connection to my PC.
I now have a Wii ( fed up with grand kids bringing there’s ) and getting it all wired up all the time.
Anyway I understand that from time to time there would be items to down load to the Wii.
To me the simplest way would be to take the Wii to the PC & connect it there. The question I need to ask is can this be done & if so how.
Only simple answers PLEASE
Ie does what( Ethernet cable) goes in to the PC to the Wii ? if so how

And if so how do I connect to monitor .
Is it an on screen key board ?
You see what I mean !!!!!:dunce::confused:

zing_deleted
17-04-2009, 12:39
you will need either an ethernet to usb wii adapter I assume it will need to be branded as normal ones will need drivers or a wireless router

http://www.sourcingmap.com/usb-internet-lan-network-card-station-adapter-connector-for-nintendo-wii-p-20256.html?currency=GBP ethernet adapter. If you use this method you will need to reboot the moden when you plug it in

You do not need a keyboard and mouse you use your pointer

http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/broadband_gaming/wii_connection_guide.shtml instructions here for both methods

MovedGoalPosts
17-04-2009, 12:45
The Wii has an inbuilt wireless network adaptor. The simplest way to connect the Wii to the internet for any updates, downloads and stuff is to have a wireless router connected to your cable modem, and connect wirelessly to that. Your Wii can then make use of the internet via it's wireless connection.

You can get a wired adaptor for the Wii, but by the time you have spent money on that you've probably covered a lot of the cost of a wireless router.

Itshim
17-04-2009, 14:04
Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

Ok sorry I guess a really stupid question.
But first of all I have to say. When broadband was put on they/I tried the wireless route. It failed Virgin came back & hard wired it (Told Old house thick walls ,no good)
As I would view via PC monitor how do I connect that! Or am I looking at a long cable so as to use TV?

zing_deleted
17-04-2009, 14:06
New games will update the system menu when you run the disc (unless you block it;)) Are you likely to play online? if not and you are not bothered about browsing you do not need the net connected to it