PDA

View Full Version : Absolutely incredible

Russ
15-04-2009, 12:24
I bought a memorable number from Ebay the other day, it arrived this morning and it was on an unopened VM PAYG sim pack.

I called VM up because obviously I needed a PAC code but didn't know if I needed to register it first and whether I'd get the PAC straight away etc (with Orange for example they post it out to you).

Got through to an agent...my heart sank when I realised they were not in the UK although she sounded South African.

So I explained the situation that I'd just bought it for the number, needed a PAC code, did I need to register it and how soon do I get the code.

"I'm sorry sir, you need your PUK code?"

:rolleyes:

"No, I need my PAC code" (note: although it's feasible to get PAC and PUK mixed up, you'd have though she'd have figured it out from what I told her about why I was calling....)

"Ok sir I'll need your account number".

:banghead:

I repeated my reason for the call. She asked me for my mobile number, when she entered it she said "I'm sorry sir we don't have any records for you".

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I asked to be transfered to the UK. I was eventually put through and the agent I spoke to sorted in out and sent me my PAC code.

I'm known for not being a fan of offshore callcenters, VM really aren't doing much to change my perception.

STONEISLAND
15-04-2009, 12:31
Oh that’s why I use O2 UK call centres.

chickendippers
16-04-2009, 10:29
Personally I never had any problems with the SA call centre. Did you perhaps spell P-A-C out to the representative?

Russ
16-04-2009, 10:30
Personally I never had any problems with the SA call centre. Did you perhaps spell P-A-C out to the representative?

No, I said it to sound like 'Pack'. However I didn't just say "I want my PAC code", I explained the full situation which clearly has nothing to do with a PUK code.

haydnwalker
16-04-2009, 15:24
Maybe she was having a "keep customers on V Mobile" day? In insisting you needed a PUK code instead hoping you'd give in and keep the SIM and number with VMobile :)

grimlea
17-04-2009, 07:24
just as an aside, PACs are not supposed to be given out until the customer has made at least one top up

Russ
17-04-2009, 09:57
just as an aside, PACs are not supposed to be given out until the customer has made at least one top up

Never heard of that, but if it's true then it holds no water whatsoever - by law a network has to give a PAC code if requested by a customer.

Mr Angry
17-04-2009, 19:50

Only if that is a pre-condition of the T&C's of any contract.

The only other refusal reasons are for non fulfilment of a minimum term (see above) or if the number in question has been disconnected / cancelled.