PDA

View Full Version : Error logs - can anyone please help

TakeCare
14-04-2009, 12:33
We have 2 home pcs connnected via router.Had problems last week and received new modem from VM.
Main pc away getting repaired now and this one that I am using now keeps stopping with a shutdown at wall required to reboot modem.

Error log has same 2 entries several times, which as an harrassed mam I can neither make head nor tails of :dozey::dozey: ( I truly hope noone is grinning at my lack of knowledge ;) )

Entries as follows...I have used asterisks in a few places as not sure if safe to post...

The master browser has received a server announcement from the computer ******** that believes that it is the master browser for the domain on transport NetBT_Tcpip_{E*****. Th e master browser is stopping or an election is being forced.

and

Your computer has lost the lease to its IP address 192.****** on the Network Card with network address 00******.

Is it safe for me to include the relevant numbers?

Any help will be much appreciated,might even be a pint in it :D

Make that 3 errors...last one is

The IP address lease 192.**** for the Network Card with network address 00**** has been denied by the DHCP server 0.0.0.0 (The DHCP Server sent a DHCPNACK message).