PDA

View Full Version : 50Mb available but cannot order ?

telfordcable
09-04-2009, 12:26
I had called up virgin media today to say that my post code and house door number showed that 50Mb is available in my area now. The gentlemen on the phone was ever so nice to me told me to hold on the line while he placed an order for me. After waiting for 3 mins on the phone, he come back and say to me "are you ok to hold on? as we have a problem on your account as I need to speak to my supervisor" and I say "ok sure" and wait for another 4 minutes and then he come back and say to me "We can confirmed that 50Mb is available in your area, would you like me to add 50Mb on your account?" and I say "Yes, I want 50Mb broadband and how much is activation fee and installation fee? and monthly cost ?" and then he say "It will be £80 for installation and activation fee and will cost £52 a month for 50Mb". I say to him "Why is the website saying it £50 a month and how come it £52 a month?". He say "ok hold on while I check this out for you". Then I wait for 2 minutes and then he come back and say to me "I had spoken to my supervisor and you can have 50Mb for £42 a month if u would like that?" I say to him "oh great, £42 a month for 50mb and yes sure I take that". He say "ok bear with me, while I place an order for you". I wait and wait for almost 6 minutes and then he come back and say to me "I do apology that we cannot order it for you because your account refuse to take 50Mb service and I had spoken to my supervisor and he apology and mistake that 50Mb is NOT AVAILABLE at your address". I went :mad: and disappointed and ask him again "why I spend so long on the phone and why the website say my address is available for 50Mb and what is going on ?" and he say to me "ok bear with me, I will speak to manager ask him of why is the order refuse?". Again, I wait for 3 minutes, he come back to me and ask me if it was ok for the manager to speak to you then I accept it, the manager explain to me "the reason your account is refuse to take 50Mb broadband order because you are 10Mb deal for 12 months of £10 a month and this is why that we had to refuse you unless you pay the total cost of your remaining contract left which is £80 (8 x £10) plus get out of contract fee of £40 total to pay is £120 and then you have 50Mb service but you still have to pay £80 activation fee and installation fee and I do apology that your monthly cost for 50Mb will be £52 and we cannot get it down £42 a month because we believe we give you a fair deal on your 10Mb. What would you like me to do today?". I told them to forget it and stick to my 10Mb and hung up phone with my angry :mad: and waste my time on the phone.

I hate Virgin Media now. They just greedy.

telfordcable
09-04-2009, 16:08
I had now pay cancellation fee of £52 and I am leaving Virgin Media next month as my broadband end on the 8th of May. I am going to join Sky Max unlimited.

So, bye bye rubbish virgin.

Jonathan90
09-04-2009, 16:12
WTF dude wait it out omg then they should ask if you want to renew then you say no saving money.

btw you should of taken no crap from them tbh i don't i tell them straight.

telfordcable
09-04-2009, 16:14
I want to leave them cos I had arguement with manager on the phone refuse to order me on 50Mb for £42 deal because they say I must wait until my deal of 10 Meg at £10 a month to end the contract first (can't do both)

Peter_
09-04-2009, 16:39
So lets get this straight, you would rather than just wait another 4 weeks till you are out of your 10Mb contract and able to upgrade to 50Mb that you would rather pay a £52 cancellation fee and go with a lesser service.

Now if had not been posted by Telfordcable I would have been very surprised by this thread.

broadbandking
09-04-2009, 17:37
How many months of your contract do you have left telford?

chrispuk2004
09-04-2009, 17:39
Now if had not been posted by Telfordcable I would have been very surprised by this thread.

Quote of the century?!

Peter_
09-04-2009, 17:40
He says one month till May the 8th.

broadbandking
09-04-2009, 18:23
Then £52 cancellaiton fee's is incorrect, as if his contract ends in 1 month he would just have to pay for 30 days.

Peter_
09-04-2009, 18:39
Then £52 cancellaiton fee's is incorrect, as if his contract ends in 1 month he would just have to pay for 30 days.
We are talking about Telfordcable here so who knows, he would be better to wait till out of contract and pay nothing and maybe get his 50Mb.

broadbandking
09-04-2009, 19:36
The question here is Telford if you hate VM so much and you know about the really bad STM that is coming in Sept, why would you want a 12 month contract and 50Mb, and I believe in prev post of yours you don't see the need for 50Mb, so please share with us why you want a serv that you hate, serv that you said will be heavily restricted and a serv that will lock you into a 12 month contract.

I await your reply should make fun reading.

telfordcable
10-04-2009, 00:04

My contract end in February 2010 with virgin media 10 Meg.

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:57 ----------

The question here is Telford if you hate VM so much and you know about the really bad STM that is coming in Sept, why would you want a 12 month contract and 50Mb, and I believe in prev post of yours you don't see the need for 50Mb, so please share with us why you want a serv that you hate, serv that you said will be heavily restricted and a serv that will lock you into a 12 month contract.

I await your reply should make fun reading.

I want 50Mb now because I can sense that 50Mb is non-STM for time being and I believe that there will be no STM on 50Meg until 2010 at least!

This is why I want 50Meg to get the hell out of STM on my 10 meg as 2.4Gb isn't enough cap before throttle me 75%!

---------- Post added at 00:04 ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 23:59 ----------

My local BT exchange is Stirchley in Telford as I only live 100 metre away from the exchange just across the road.

Peter_
10-04-2009, 00:06
My local BT exchange is Stirchley in Telford as I only live 100 metre away from the exchange just across the road.
Good luck with it then.

telfordcable
10-04-2009, 00:12
I probably will phone cable tomorrow and try to pressure them to order 50Meg as I just want 50 Meg and also kept my BT line with Sky Max unlimited just in case if cable went downtime or poor speed. I am thinking of have both Cable & ADSL2+ (LLU with sky max).

Zhadnost
10-04-2009, 08:52
So you don't want to take advantage of the phone deal?

telfordcable
10-04-2009, 11:01
So you don't want to take advantage of the phone deal?

no point as i already got sky unlimited talk with sky line rental on my bt line (cheaper than bt and virgin).

Peter_
10-04-2009, 11:06
no point as i already got sky unlimited talk with sky line rental on my bt line (cheaper than bt and virgin).
I thought you were speaking to Virgin about getting 50Mb this morning.

Impz2002
10-04-2009, 13:07
i was going to comment on this thread but gave up reading after the first line as it made my eyes hurt :(

paragraphs please !!!!

telfordcable
10-04-2009, 13:51
I thought you were speaking to Virgin about getting 50Mb this morning.

Spoke to virgin just an hour ago about 50 Meg. It now go ahead and will upgrade me from 10 meg to 50 Meg and will be renewal in a 12 months contract. They will stop my cancellation date 8th may and will refund me £52 back to my debit card. They had now taken out £80.00 out of my debit card for one off fee of installation and activation fee and my installation date will be wednesday 22nd april at between 8am and 1pm. Agree to have 50Meg for £47 a month.

I had now cancel sky broadband pre-order.

Look forward to have 50Mb on the 22nd April, can't wait !! :) :)

Impz2002
10-04-2009, 14:31
well enjoy it stm free while it lasts !

telfordcable
10-04-2009, 14:49
well enjoy it stm free while it lasts !

they told me that stm will not be on the xxl 50 meg because of load network capacity using doscis 3 and have confident that it won't be any stm on it for the next 12 months at least.

Ignitionnet
10-04-2009, 16:33
they told me that stm will not be on the xxl 50 meg because of load network capacity using doscis 3 and have confident that it won't be any stm on it for the next 12 months at least.

Because the same group who struggle to get pricing right on the products will know what the future plans are for STM of course ;)

They know nothing, they just blagged you to make sure you signed up :angel:

Impz2002
10-04-2009, 17:57
They know nothing, they just blagged you to make sure you signed up :angel:

i'll second that :)

xocemp
10-04-2009, 18:35
So lets get this straight, you would rather than just wait another 4 weeks till you are out of your 10Mb contract and able to upgrade to 50Mb that you would rather pay a £52 cancellation fee and go with a lesser service.

So by this time next month he would have been posting on another forum, but it looks like you helped him change his mind and stay with VM.

Spoke to virgin just an hour ago about 50 Meg. It now go ahead and will upgrade me from 10 meg to 50 Meg and will be renewal in a 12 months contract. They will stop my cancellation date 8th may and will refund me £52 back to my debit card. They had now taken out £80.00 out of my debit card for one off fee of installation and activation fee and my installation date will be wednesday 22nd april at between 8am and 1pm. Agree to have 50Meg for £47 a month.

I had now cancel sky broadband pre-order.

Look forward to have 50Mb on the 22nd April, can't wait !! :) :)

Mark my words Moldova, I am going to hunt you down. :p:

chrispuk2004
10-04-2009, 18:51
So by this time next month he would have been posting on another forum, but it looks like you helped him change his mind and stay with VM.

Me too!

Pushkar
10-04-2009, 19:16

Didn't your brother's mate have some details on a secret document that you were going to scan but you never did about STM? :p:

Peter_
10-04-2009, 19:51

He was going to ring anyway which is the kind of thing we expect from him and do you really think something as simple as being with another provider would prevent him from posting what his best mate says is happening next with Virgin.:p:

Awaits next thread with bated breath.Download Failed (1) (http://smileyshut.com)

I think we would all miss his random posts as well.

xocemp
10-04-2009, 20:48
Awaits next thread with bated breath.

Sicko! ;)

telfordcable
11-04-2009, 00:44
Well I am having 50Mb then 100Mb then 150Mb and finally 200Mb if virgin offer me this ! I had to say it far better than BT cos of annoying BT Bras IP Profile kept changing up and down all times but Virgin doesn't have IP Profile.

BT : up to 8Mbps IP Profile cap at 7150K
up to 24Mbps IP Profile cap at 21000K

---------- Post added at 00:41 ---------- Previous post was at 00:33 ----------

Do you think Virgin Media offer me £47 a month (£3 off) for 12 months for XXL 50Mb is a good deal (just for broadband only)

As I know if I take virgin phone, it will cost me £35 a month with 50Mb but it not true as it had to add another £11 on top of £35 to pay £46 a month with 50Mb and phone. So, personally, £47 a month for broadband only without a phone sound good deal.

---------- Post added at 00:44 ---------- Previous post was at 00:41 ----------

Will virgin man bring 50Mb modem and 50Mb wireless router with adaptor with him during my installation day ? Cos I only got Ambit 256 Modem and Netgear Wireless Router WGR614

weesteev
11-04-2009, 00:51
Hi TelfordCable

It sound slike the team you spoke with arent fully up to date with the 5mb product sales process. You can take 50mb install to replace your current broadband service even if its in contract. Its a new product so has its own contract agreement,

If you are having problems placing your order then I would be more than happy to assist you an get the order booked. Drop me a PM if you need further assistance and apologies for the trouble you have had so far!

Hope this helps.

*EDIT*

Just realised your issue has been resolved, ignore my post :-)