View Full Version : Play wii games straight from a hard drive/USB flash drive

Dude111
08-04-2009, 20:18
http://www.wiinewz.com

Ah man!!

zing_deleted
08-04-2009, 20:22
ive got access to the files to set this up but not done it yet

Bare in mind you need the Homebrew channel to install this and if you have updated to system menu 4 then you will have to wait if you have not already Twilighted it

Slyder
10-04-2009, 10:37
Im a little confused.

So is this the Twilight hack without the need for Twilight Princess :confused:

I was going to get into the scene, but I read I would have to launch the hack everytime I turned my console on, so didnt bother.

zing_deleted
10-04-2009, 10:45
No this is a second hack that allows you to play games off the hard drive. You need The Homebrew Channel to install any of these hacks all it is is an exploit that allows code not signed by Nintendo. This is all the Homebrew channel does you can not play copied games with just the Homebrew Channel you can just install other software :)

You only need to launch the hack every time if you are on system menu 3.4. When I do Wiis I downgrade to system menu 3.2e and then install a program called Starfall which blocks upgrades from discs. If you have upgraded to system menu 4 you will have to wait anyway for a new hack to be written

Ravenheart
07-06-2009, 10:36
I see they've updated this again, now those machines with menu 4 can use this too :)

zing_deleted
07-06-2009, 10:47
Super Smash Brawl has an exploit to now too for some reason they still call it a Twilight hack to install The Homebrew Channel.There is a new banner hack also Nintendo = epic fail lol

Depending on the hack though there are a couple of models of Wii that will brick so be careful

These instructions assume that you DO NOT have a Wii with a serial number that STARTS with LU64/LU65! IF YOU DO THEN PLEASE STOP NOW AS IT WILL NOT WORK!! It is also assumed that you have NO disc in your Wii, you have REMOVED all GameCube Memory Cards and Controllers, have copied EVERYTHING from this rar file to the ROOT of your SD Card (maintaining the directory structure) and that your SD Card does NOT have any other files on it! Finally, please make sure that your SD Card is actually inserted into your Wii BEFORE you proceed ;-/

This information is released with the Bannerbomb hack

zing_deleted
15-06-2009, 13:22
Installed and tested the USB loader channel and games boot a lot quicker off it. Got 10 games on a 30 gig hdd I had lying around :) 2 of which scrubbed down to <500 meg all but 1 scrubbed down over a gig

Hiroki
28-07-2009, 21:59
I've just did this today and im well impressed.

Managed to transfer my own games onto my external usb drive so I can clear the mess of games from around my tv and play my games in peace.

Well worth doing :)

How do you scrub the games?

zing_deleted
28-07-2009, 22:00
you dont need to its done for you when you transfer them to the usb drive

The Wii only plays DVD5 discs that are full so basically any game without enough data gets padded out all the scrubbing does is remove the padding and just keeps the data. You can take games off the USB drive and you will find them back to full dvd 5

Hiroki
28-07-2009, 22:04
Nevermind.

zing_deleted
28-07-2009, 22:08
Thats could well be advice that would be frowned upon so I will answer no

Hiroki
28-07-2009, 22:18
Thats could well be advice that would be frowned upon so I will answer no
Haha I meant that for personal use on my own games as my family are heavy handed with game dvds. Sorry about that

moiraf100
29-07-2009, 13:46
I've got a 500gb FreeAgent, and I've read that they aren't compatible with the Wii.

zing_deleted
29-07-2009, 14:08
I've got a 500gb FreeAgent, and I've read that they aren't compatible with the Wii.

I dunno but a usb disk is a usb disk unless it somehow blocks you formating it to the correct file structure I can not see how. Ive got a 2 gig hard drive chucked into a usb optical drive enclosure working fine on mine

Hiroki
30-07-2009, 19:37
Think it's more to do with the FreeAgents spinning down after a while.