PDA

View Full Version : Virgin in trouble again !

telfordcable
08-04-2009, 10:26
Virgin Media is misleading and have been warning not to mislead again.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/story/2009/04/08/asa-slaps-virgin-media-over-newspaper-broadband-adverts.html

I wish virgin stop being lied to customers and misleads them. Well done ASA of given virgin a slap.

Gary L
08-04-2009, 10:47
It is all about facts and figures that are distorted by means of deceit and lies :)

The ASA has warned Virgin Media not to show the advert again in its current form

You can keep being told to stop saying something, but the next thing could be similar and will run till the ASA says to change it. it can just go on forever really.

I think a proper punishment should be that once a ruling like this has been made, then the public have 30 days to be able to cancel their contracts if they think that they signed up on the basis of the said misleading advert :)

frogstamper
08-04-2009, 19:25
I was sitting on the tube yesterday, and right next to the map was a ad for VM-BB, it started off by saying "are VM broadband customers well looked after and pampered? you bet they are" it then went on about the usual super-fast claims and of course prominently there was the word "unlimited" as usual.
Well folks there you have it, its official VM pampers us.:D: