PDA

View Full Version : oh dear its broked!

leeswin
08-04-2009, 01:37
ok so long story short looking for advice, ntl came out sat and reinstalled the tv boxes, all that works great no complaints there however .......

All the radio hookups are now dead - all of them (3)! they have worked great for 10 years no probs, suddenly now when the wire is plugged into the sterio it goes dead as in no sound as if the radio just cuts out. The stranged thing is if i put my finger between the connecor and radio connection its fine.
oh btw one of the engineers (yeah theye sent 2 lol) seems to have damaged my sterio in the process lol. The radio hookups were left connected (as i saw no point in disconnecting them) and one of the engineers unhooked the fm lead in my room from the sterio and used it for the tv box (I assume rather than creating a new lead), now the connector is bent downwards where im guessing he tried yanking on the wire expecting it to just fall down the back of the tv stand - err well done thanks! and yh i tried 3 diff cables and 2 diff sterios lol.

can anyone here help or offer any advice?

Nedkelly
08-04-2009, 07:56
It will have been turned off thats my guess we have turned ours off here and removed the kit from the headend .Not many people used it and it took up space on the network and space in the headend so it went :)As for the broken stereo call asap to get a supervisor round :)

broadbandking
09-04-2009, 20:47
You need to make a damage complaint which customer services can log for you and this will be investigated.

nodrogd
09-04-2009, 21:28
Here in west herts the FM service was kept going as local community station was being carried. But as they now have an FM licence, the system is not being maintained. When I had broadband installed the eng took out the FM connection and replaced the isolator with a single output one which is more efficient.

leeswin
12-04-2009, 20:03
i called them and very apologetic lol - little to up hey
waiting for some engineer to call aparantly they will fix it anyone know who they are or how good they are?