PDA

View Full Version : Complete Farce - 50mb Upgrade

Xteria
04-04-2009, 14:40
I rang up last saturday to order the upgrade to 50mb. Women was very helpful, and stated that it would be £80 to get it installed and connected - which would be a direct debit like my bill, to which i said was fine.

She told me today (4th April) was the date for the install, i chose the AM installation. I had to cancel an overtime shift, but was quite excited about getting the 50mb installed.

So, today comes - we hang around, and around, and around - gets to 2pm and i'm thinking they may have mistaken it for a PM installation.

We rang up, only to be told that all the information is there on his computer, but it hasn't gone through as we haven't paid the connection/installation.

We had no email, no phone call - no nothing, i've blown an overtime shift for absolutely nothing and i'm quite annoyed about it - had to get my girlfriend to ring today as i didn't want to say something stupid.

Now we have to wait til the 14th, and the guy said the amount we have to pay is £120 upfront?? My girfriend says she can't remember what he said the additional £40 is for, as she just read out her card details whilst i was on the toilet. What the hell is it for??? It's meant to be £80?!?!

NOT HAPPY

Gary L
04-04-2009, 14:44
Now we have to wait til the 14th, and the guy said the amount we have to pay is £120 upfront?? What the hell is that for??? It's meant to be £80?!?!

They're probably charging you for the missed appointment and an admin fee for moving the install date back :)

You'll have to ask them before you give them the money.

Xteria
04-04-2009, 14:48
How can they charge me for something that i knew nothing about.

At no point of the initial upgrade conversation, was i told that i needed to give my card details to pay the initial charge. If she had said "right you need to pay X amount now please sir" i would of happily done so.

I hadn't received an email, or phone call (on my virgin phone line!!) saying i needed to pay anything.

It's complete *******s.

Who do i speak to about this at VM?

Gary L
04-04-2009, 14:52
How can they charge me for something that i knew nothing about.

At no point of the initial upgrade conversation, was i told that i needed to give my card details to pay the initial charge. If she had said "right you need to pay X amount now please sir" i would of happily done so.

I hadn't received an email, or phone call (on my virgin phone line!!) saying i needed to pay either.

It's complete *******s.

Who do i speak to about this at VM?

I don't know what the procedure is for paying the install fee, but I would have thought it would just be added to your bill and paid when it's normally due?

It could be that they couldn't fit you in that day, and are just making excuses why.
I'm not even sure if they still do that thing where they owe you money if they miss an arranged appointment.

Xteria
04-04-2009, 14:59
that's what i was told on the phone originally by the woman.

But this andrew guy says we didn't pay it - so the installation has sat on the system..

BenMcr
04-04-2009, 15:05
You need to query the £120 as that is very wrong.

Even if you were going for a Saturday install it would be £110

---------- Post added at 15:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:04 ----------

Generally the £80 would go to the bill - unless you had a Credit Limit which would probably have problems with £80 going straight on

Xteria
04-04-2009, 15:37
oooh - ive just got a customer satisfaction survey from VM, should be fun filling it out :)

General Maximus
04-04-2009, 16:33
when i ordered my 50mbit we didnt pay anything up front for the installation, it came on the next bill

chickendippers
04-04-2009, 16:39
Follow the complaints procedure outlined in the Code of Practice: http://allyours.virginmedia.com/html/legal/index.html

100meg
04-04-2009, 17:32
id love to see virgin defend a 80quid charge for screwing in a cat line and pluging in a a 10v adator

is a civil court

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:29 ----------

do a subject acsses request for recording of of conversation when they claim they told you it was 120 including asking for a writen transcrip.

and watch how fast they change there line of bull @$@$

BenMcr
04-04-2009, 18:17
id love to see virgin defend a 80quid charge for screwing in a cat line and pluging in a a 10v adator

is a civil court
They wouldn't have to as the courts wouldn't deal with such an issue

---------- Post added at 18:17 ---------- Previous post was at 18:16 ----------

Even if they did it would go:

Court: Were you aware of the fee before you asked for the install

Customer: Yes

Court: And you agreed to pay it?

Customer: Yes

Court: Then what do you want us to do about it? Case Dismissed

Peter_
04-04-2009, 19:13
do a subject acsses request for recording of of conversation when they claim they told you it was 120 including asking for a written transcript.

and watch how fast they change there line of bull @$@$
You would probably find yourself out of luck as every call is not recorded, what ever gave you the idea that every call was recorded.

broadbandking
04-04-2009, 23:03
You would probably find yourself out of luck as every call is not recorded, what ever gave you the idea that every call was recorded.

For around a year calls haven't actually been record maybe managers listening to agents remotely but I haven't seen a cal recored for ages, lots of companies don't record calls anymore thats why quality i call centres has decreased as the agent can 9/10 times get away with feeding the customer bull ****.

Peter_
04-04-2009, 23:27
For around a year calls haven't actually been record maybe managers listening to agents remotely but I haven't seen a cal recored for ages, lots of companies don't record calls anymore thats why quality i call centres has decreased as the agent can 9/10 times get away with feeding the customer bull ****.
They have to record so many calls for quality and training purposes and that is a fact, but it is more for them to have the agent listen to them for quality and training purposes, and occasionally the client will listen to calls as well ( Client being Virginmedia )

Welshchris
04-04-2009, 23:39
This happened to a friend of mine, they didnt turn up to install an extra V+ box in a different room and still charged him for the appt + charged him for the second appt that was made when they did actually turn up.

xocemp
04-04-2009, 23:42
Did your friend pursue the matter and if so were they successful and who did they contact?

100meg
05-04-2009, 10:56

m8 that was the point in know they hardly ever record em I had em try it on with me saying i had agreed to a new contract once.

all total rubbish

so your word against them there charges aint going anywhere

Xteria
08-04-2009, 00:22
Quick update - We paid £80 on sunday over the phone, the router was sent out yesterday and arrived here at 1pm today - there's no usb adapter in the box though?

Still dubious wether they will still charge me the extra random £40, i will dispute it though.

Roll on Tuesday :)

Stabhappy
08-04-2009, 01:48
Over the phone? You're meant to pay it from the next bill, surely?

broadbandking
08-04-2009, 09:40
Over the phone? You're meant to pay it from the next bill, surely?

Depends if he has a credit limit.

To the OP what colour was the router?

Nameless
08-04-2009, 10:59
it was black was up his last night :)

Xteria
08-04-2009, 16:05
Black wnr2000 - Already familiar with netgear routers, so this thing was really easy to setup.

Tuesday is ages away :(

Xteria
14-04-2009, 20:18
Installed today, such a massive difference from 2mb.

Really loving instant website loading regardless of images, ads etc.

really impressive :)

Received a phone call about the installation and asking how my speed is, if i get any speed issues they said to just ring them instantly :) Was a nice touch feeling like a valued customer lmao

Rik
14-04-2009, 23:36
Installed today, such a massive difference from 2mb.

Really loving instant website loading regardless of images, ads etc.

really impressive :)

Received a phone call about the installation and asking how my speed is, if i get any speed issues they said to just ring them instantly :) Was a nice touch feeling like a valued customer lmao

Looks lovely :)
Now im really jealous...................

Cmon VM Hemel Hempstead please.........the CMTS resolves now, cant be much longer can it :D

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:35 ----------

PS Nice choice of distro there Xteria :)