PDA

View Full Version : VM Install query

bufferz
03-04-2009, 17:31
How much work are VM willing to do to get a line to the house? we are in a t-shaped cul-de-sac, and according to VM there is cable in the whole section of the T, but there are not swept T's that I can find, and only the front 2 houses on either side of the T (entry from the base of the letter) have brown cable boxes.

Will they dig up half the road just to supply me, I wonder? (They have already asked me what package I want, and wanted the same as my current sky+, multiroom/BB/phone - so going for the VIP package) And this is nearly £1k/years worth of package!!:shocked: Never realised thats how much Sky,etc have been conning me out of oer the past 4 years!!

I am reluctant to cancel sky, etc until they have confirmed it can be installed, and the "spotter" is coming round this evening to have a look at it for us. Just dont want him to say, yeah no probs, then the engineer comes out on the install date and says nope......:rolleyes::rolleyes:

jungleguy
03-04-2009, 22:58
VM will dig up 10ft of pavement, anything over that gets referred, and chances are declined. What did the spotter say? Getting a wayleave from your neighbor is the simplest solution

bufferz
04-04-2009, 09:02
spotter didnt sound too hopeful, basically said that i could set up all the required DDs, pay the install fee, and have the engineers come and try to find the cable, as there is only the 1 swept tee in the whole area of the cul de sac, so we are thinking about it, and we told him we would get back to him on Monday, mainly cos its a lot of messing around if they cannot fit it, then having to cancel all the DDs, etc......

jungleguy
04-04-2009, 09:46
Hmmm, they can put another T in. Jobs do fail, you'll never know unless you apply, and seeming as spotters are hard to find and a bit mythical (some people don't believe they exist), who's to say he'll be able to help you in a few months.

---------- Post added at 09:46 ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 ----------

where in the UK are you, just the Town name.

bufferz
04-04-2009, 13:29
im in wallasey, wirral (Nr. Liverpool)