PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Media could learn from this

pabscars
03-04-2009, 09:40
VM Note the bit about call centres at the bottom, this indicates that overseas call centres are not the way forward.

Apologies if this has been posted anywhere else.

Thursday 2nd April

Britain's best broadband providers
By Szu Ping Chan

It was a case of out with the old, and in with the new this week, as newcomer O2 was crowned Britain's best broadband provider, while traditional companies such as BT and AOL were left at the bottom of the pile.

The largest independent broadband survey by USwitch looked at nine broadband providers across 11 categories, including customer service, ease of use and technical support.

O2 came first in nine categories, scoring a 92% overall customer satisfaction rating, while bringing up the rear was AOL, with only 66% of customers satisfied.

Here's a closer look at how they shaped up:

Ranking Provider Overall customer satisfaction score, Position last year
1 O2 92% n/a
2 Plusnet 88% 1
3 Sky 87% 2
4 TalkTalk 80% 2
5 Virgin 78% 3
6 Tiscali 76% 3
7 BT 74% 8
8 Orange 70% 9
9 AOL 66% 5

O2 has blown away all competition since it joined the broadband race in October 2007, and is a firm favourite among reviewers and lovemoney.com readers alike.

With unlimited downloads, speeds of up to 20Mb, and free, UK based call centres on offer, it's not hard to see why.

*sloman*
03-04-2009, 09:55
When i was with Be* (owned by O2) they were brilliant, Their online forum was all so outstanding.

Be* get 10/10 from me.

The UK call centre is a must have, I know you can get muppets over here too (I know i worked in a call centre) but if English is not someone's 1st language you are going to struggle.

If i had a choice to call 0800 and speak to India Call Centre or a 0870 or 0980 to speak to UK, I would choose the UK all the time.

Not only because their 1st language is English but to support jobs in the UK

pabscars
03-04-2009, 12:15
Uk all the way for me too,

If VM or any large outfit want to use overseas call centre's then fine, but give people the opportunity to contact tech support agents from the UK, even if its a premium rate number.

There will be those that dont mind paying, some that do, but at the end of the day you could give customers the choice.

I can almost guarantee the majority on this forum IF they had the choice, to ring Pakistan for free, or the UK at a cost, they would choose the UK.

This is not meant as a kick in the guts to overseas support agent's, they have a job to do just like anyone else.

Its about choice.

xocemp
03-04-2009, 12:35
Link:
Who are the best and worst broadband providers in Britain? Szu Ping Chan finds out. (http://www.lovemoney.com/news/household-bills/britains-best-broadband-providers-3320.aspx)

browney
03-04-2009, 22:22
I was with Be 20/04/2007 for 6months. They were great and there support forum was really good. The DNS problems were very bad back then. There phone support was off shore but it wasn't as bad as VM.