PDA

View Full Version : Returning Faulty Netgear Wireless N Router

NH001
02-04-2009, 20:05
After a bit of personal fault finding after a 50MB upgrade I realised my new Virgin supplied router is faulty. Plugging direct to modem and getting 40MB+ speeds on my laptop. Using the Netgear router only getting 1 - 2MB.

When I reverted back to my old trusted Linksys was getting 30 - 40MB. Calling support they pasted me to Netgear who after a bit of playing with settings want me to return for a replacement.

Has anybody else had any problems?

Also a bit irritated that either I needed to pay £15 to have a new one delivered and swapped or I can post off to Essex and then a replacement will be sent out. I may speak to VM about this again as surely if they supplied something faulty then I should not be out of pocket?

merc2001
02-04-2009, 22:15
After a bit of personal fault finding after a 50MB upgrade I realised my new Virgin supplied router is faulty. Plugging direct to modem and getting 40MB+ speeds on my laptop. Using the Netgear router only getting 1 - 2MB.

When I reverted back to my old trusted Linksys was getting 30 - 40MB. Calling support they pasted me to Netgear who after a bit of playing with settings want me to return for a replacement.

Has anybody else had any problems?

Also a bit irritated that either I needed to pay £15 to have a new one delivered and swapped or I can post off to Essex and then a replacement will be sent out. I may speak to VM about this again as surely if they supplied something faulty then I should not be out of pocket?

It seems everyone is saying the router and modem are eqipment of virgin media surely if this is so then they should sort all this out for you :td:

Peter_
02-04-2009, 22:23
The Netgear N router is only supported by Netgear and they have a dedicated support line for it so if you have any issues with the router you speak to them as all Tech Support will do is either transfer you to them or give you the number to call.

I know the above is correct as I have actually transferred customers to Netgear.