PDA

View Full Version : Firmware 2.7 out NOW for PS3

STONEISLAND
02-04-2009, 09:50
Out now!! :)

details to follow

you can now perform text chat with ppl who are on your friends list. You can chat with them while you are playing a game.
to use this feature go to [friends]>[start new chat], and the select [text chat]

using the internet, you can now easily search for the latest information about the games you own. To use this feature, Select the icon for the game, and then select [INTERNET SEARCH] from the option menu

You can now copy and paste text
you can copy text from the internet browser and paste it into the text entry field of the on-screen keyboard
you can now set an option to reduce the difference in volume level between tracks to help avoid sudden loud output
You can now set an option in [settings]>[Music settings]>[Dynamitic Normalizer

BenMcr
02-04-2009, 10:32
I have to say the updates are getting a litte bit boring now ;)

STONEISLAND
02-04-2009, 10:41
I have to say the updates are getting a litte bit boring now ;)

Ok then mate I will stop posting them for you. :rolleyes:

BenMcr
02-04-2009, 10:42
Nooo I mean the actual PS3 updates - not yours!

Older PS3 updates brought Blu-Ray 2.0, Flash 9 etc.

Now its 'cut and paste' - wooo

southwell
02-04-2009, 10:43
I think he means the features added in updates. I appreciate it, saves me having to look it up on the internet.

Cheers

STONEISLAND
02-04-2009, 10:46

Fair enougth. I like the text chat with people who are on your friends list so you can chat with them while you are playing a game.

icestar2
02-04-2009, 12:15

There is also a security feature now avalible for the Internet browser but for some reason there's not mention of it. Also the copy an paste feature is something I've been after for soooooooooooooooooooooooo longggggggggggggggggggggg lol. Its a simple little thing yes but it does make a diffrence.

---------- Post added at 12:15 ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 ----------

Fair enougth. I like the text chat with people who are on your friends list so you can chat with them while you are playing a game.

Thanks for the update stone. did you know that the text chat can be used for 16 players on your friends list ? Again no meation of it in the update. They always add little extra's without telling any1 lol.

STONEISLAND
02-04-2009, 12:25
Thanks for further update :tu:

RealDiamond
04-04-2009, 15:46
There is also a security feature now avalible for the Internet browser but for some reason there's not mention of it. Also the copy an paste feature is something I've been after for

Yep its got its own hide away now. Its been Around since version 2.00 they just hidden it away as the free service is due to end soon.

Some thing I missed was the count down timer for updates and non back ground downloading of files from WWW PSN or LAN. ;)

DRZ400
04-04-2009, 16:29
Yep its got its own hide away now. Its been Around since version 2.00 they just hidden it away as the free service is due to end soon.

Can you expand on this please???

RealDiamond
04-04-2009, 21:35
The service was launched as a free trial for the PS3. After the trial ends on May the 10th the filtering service provided will require a fee to continue...unless they extend it again.

icestar2
04-04-2009, 22:04
Its very sneaky if they do decide to start charging soon as its still saying get it free when you go to the page throught the brower's security settings. Misleading I think.

RealDiamond
04-04-2009, 22:27
Seeing as there are BIG letters saying trial ends on MAY the 10th on the very first web page :) .
Its not realy that unfair :D you've had the service free for well over a Year ;) for nothing, its been extended already beyond the first trial. Not bad for a baby sitter realy :p:. Remember Sony T&C for the PS3 put the supervision of sub account user 100% in the Master account users lap :rolleyes:. Any thing goes wrong for that sub account user the Master account is to blame even on the web browser :shocked:.

chrispuk2004
04-04-2009, 23:17
I'm finding the updates a bit rubbish too. We want exciting things!

icestar2
04-04-2009, 23:20
Seeing as there are BIG letters saying trial ends on MAY the 10th on the very first web page :) .
Its not realy that unfair :D you've had the service free for well over a Year ;) for nothing, its been extended already beyond the first trial. Not bad for a baby sitter realy :p:. Remember Sony T&C for the PS3 put the supervision of sub account user 100% in the Master account users lap :rolleyes:. Any thing goes wrong for that sub account user the Master account is to blame even on the web browser :shocked:.

I havent had, wanted or needed it. I didnt say it was unfair I said it was Sneaky as some people may be fooled by the get it FREE part. Its only if you read the information at the bottom of the page that it tells you its ending. So at the end of the day its not really FREE at all its just a trial.

Also am not sure why your telling me about the Master and Sub accounts ? I know Sony's T&C's am propbably one of the few who actually read them. As the PS3 is mine I would expect all responsibility to lie with me anyway regardless of the accounts issue. But thank you for the lecture you have suerly put me in my place now. I will consider myself well informed and Told.

DRZ400
04-04-2009, 23:56
What are you saying we're going to have to pay for if you don't mind me asking?

icestar2
05-04-2009, 00:55
What are you saying we're going to have to pay for if you don't mind me asking?

Its basically some security for your web browser thats on the PS3 m8. I've put the link below of the company and their FAQ for you to have a look at and you should find any answers you need in the FAQ :)

http://webclassify.trendmicro.com/index.aspx

http://webclassify.trendmicro.com/faq.aspx

DRZ400
05-04-2009, 01:04
Ahhh cool ... got worried that the PSN was going to turn into Xbox live with them charging us £40 odd quid a year!

icestar2
05-04-2009, 01:07
Ahhh cool ... got worried that the PSN was going to turn into Xbox live with them charging us £40 odd quid a year!

Lol no its nothing like that. Its just an optional extra for people who wish to use it. Sony have already said that PSN would remain free a couple times now so it would be silly of them to go back on that imo. Maybe they will charge on their next console but for now PSN should be safe from forced fee's :)