PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Router Problem, pls help !

bifta2
31-03-2009, 18:27
I'm a cable broadband VM customer, a friend gave me his old netgear VM router DB834GT - ADSL - but i don't have a landline, just cable tv & broadband
I don't have the installation cd for the router, however was told its easy to set up. I've read loads of posts on here prior to listing this.

I have connected the router to my laptop via ethernet and typed http://192.168.0.1, entered admin & password and got to the setup screen,

Basic settings, regarding ISP selected to get dynamically, gone to "wireless settings", renamed the SSID, created a passkey and attempted to connect.

Wifi is turned on on my laptop. I can find the network on my laptop, connect to it, but on the connectivity status it shows LOCAL only connection. I have reset the router to factory settings, switched modem & router off, disconnected - then switched modem on first, waited & then switched router on, still no good.

What i am doing wrong?
Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is killing me !
Thanks in advance

vinh1000
31-03-2009, 18:34
first of all don't you mean the DG834GT and if you noticed(are you on cable or adsl broadband? ADSL routers do not work with Virgin Media Cable? if its adsl make sure you entered your details correctly given by vm

chickendippers
31-03-2009, 19:01
ADSL routers do not work with Virgin Media Cable
This