PDA

View Full Version : What are you cooking part 2

danielf
29-03-2009, 23:40
I'm pretty sure Bopdude started the original, but I can't find it, so I'm starting a new one.

Tonight, I cooked 'crayfish al ajillo'. That's Gambas al ajillo with crayfish tails instead of prawn/shrimp. It was lovely, Crayfish is soooo good :)

Fingy
30-03-2009, 09:16
Pondering making some wheaton bread in a bit.

Kymmy
04-07-2009, 11:42
Just starting mixing up a batch of sea salt & cracked pepper bread.. Will probably have a large chunk of it later with a nice oak smoked cheddar

Halcyon
04-07-2009, 11:55
Something light for lunch today...

Mixed salad leaves with garlic croutons in a french dressing with pieces of tikka chicken thrown in.
Together with some chopped beetroot and red onion goes well with a Cheese and brocelli quiche.

Taf
04-07-2009, 12:29
Chinese Chicken Curry

Mal
04-07-2009, 12:45
Bacon barm :)

homealone
04-07-2009, 12:50
Bacon, egg, potato, tomato, mushroom - fried in the pan used to cook last nights lamb steaks

- yummy :)

Cobbydaler
04-07-2009, 13:04
Here's the original:

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/22/18538-merged-the-what-s-dinner-thread.html

Just about to have some rocket / baby leaf salad with balsamic vinegar and mini frikadellen (cold spicy meatballs)... :)

joglynne
04-07-2009, 13:05
I'm preparing Stuffed Kohlrabi (http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-01594y2.html) for our evening meal.

Just been to see a friend on his allotment and he has given me 4 Kohlrabi. I have never tried any before which is surprising considering that they are part of the cabbage family. (you have to be a visitor to the CF City thread to understand just how surprising that is. :D)

I've never prepared a vegetable that needed a hacksaw to cut off it's roots before, I hope all the effort will be worth it.

Cobbydaler
04-07-2009, 13:12
I had to use a hacksaw to cut my Mum's Yorkshire puddings... :erm:

Kymmy
04-07-2009, 13:18
I'm preparing Stuffed Kohlrabi (http://www.cookitsimply.com/recipe-0010-01594y2.html) for our evening meal.

Just been to see a friend on his allotment and he has given me 4 Kohlrabi. I have never tried any before which is surprising considering that they are part of the cabbage family. (you have to be a visitor to the CF City thread to understand just how surprising that is. :D)

I've never prepared a vegetable that needed a hacksaw to cut off it's roots before, I hope all the effort will be worth it.

LOL,

I regulary do stuffed spring cabbage leaves... Is it just the leaf you use or the whole body of the kohlrabi?

joglynne
04-07-2009, 14:01
It's the body of the Kohlrabi I'm using to-day although I understand you can use the leaves. Having sawn the roots off I now have managed to wrestle the skin off the things ... which nearly resulted in a trip to A & E but that's another story ...suffice to say that the only knife that could cope with the dang things was my Usuba and it slipped.

If any one prepares Kohlrabi more than once they have my utmost respect.

TheDaddy
04-07-2009, 14:44
What am I cooking? Myself in this heat, turn me over I am done on that side....

Roseblue
04-07-2009, 15:48
For dinner I’m having a nice bit of salmon with crispy salad and cherry tomatoes and a nice glass of chilled white wine. Dinner is normally around 6 but after reading what you’re all having I’m ready for it now. :)

danielf
04-07-2009, 23:20
:LOL:

Wifey was going to cook Indonesian style squid today, but she couldn't get any squid, so she got octopus instead. Substitute Octopus for Squid she thought, not realising that cooking times for squid is minutes, when you're talking hours for octopus....

The Octopus got binned, and we got some Indonesian style meatballs from the freezer and microwaved them instead. Dinner started at 9.30. Twas nice though :)

Zee
04-07-2009, 23:22
i cooked Bamiya today.... its an afghan dish made with Okra and whole plum tomatoes

Kymmy
05-07-2009, 10:31
Thinking of something simple today so probably a nice tuna salad served on some home made chapatis with some fresh corriander from the garden