PDA

View Full Version : Pace 4001

madmax2
29-03-2009, 03:37
yup, I still have a pace 4001 stb giving me "broadband" at a blazing 1mb, even though I am on a 2mb package. as I understand it, the STB can only support a max of 1mbps

Last time I phoned customer services to try get a modem sent out I got some story about how my area doesnt support cable modems, which I know is a blatant lie as my neighbour had 20mbps at the time.

I got the hump because I dont really like arguing so put the phone down and fumed to myself. This was a year ago. I have now built up the courage to phone them again, but can anybody tell me what normally happens....do they just put a cable modem in the post, and disable the STB ethernet? do they send out a splitter too? does an engineer have to come around or anything?

thanks in advance
madmax2

xocemp
29-03-2009, 05:30
I think when you call this time they will be more than happy to have you on a modem.
Its very possible that you will be sent a modem, though as you pointed out you would need a splitter. A manned install is what you would need, perhaps one of the 1st line agents that post here may advise better. Its also possible you could have a quick start pack sent which contains a splitter a number of coax lengths and the modem.

broadbandking
29-03-2009, 08:22
Virgin will do manned install for you free of charge, just give them a call as when people using STB for broadband I make sure I book a free install of a cable modem.

BenMcr
29-03-2009, 13:33
Though I might suggest phoning tomorrow ;)