PDA

View Full Version : keeps asking us to activate ????

knave
28-03-2009, 00:14
hi all and my appologies if this has allready been asked. we have been with ntl / virgin for over 8 years. We are on 20mb and service was really slow so contacted tech support, who did some trickery and restored our speed to normal, however on the following day everytime we try and open a web browser we get "please click on the link to activate your broadband". Tried to get around this but to no avail,we have 2 laptops running on a belkin wireless router, so none of the pc's have virgin software installed on them, we just connect to the wireless network, and go from there. can anyone advise how we get rid of the activation page ?
many thanks in anticpation .........knave

BenMcr
28-03-2009, 00:15
You need to speak to Tech Support again

xocemp
28-03-2009, 00:20
Reboot your router and go through the activation flow.

knave
28-03-2009, 00:22
tried that allways fails at last page rebooting the modem

xocemp
28-03-2009, 00:40
Then try going through the setup with just the modem in place, you'll have a pre-prov IP. You'll need to complete that flow or call 1st line to have some button pressed.
Damn NTL and their provisioning!

knave
28-03-2009, 00:58
Then try going through the setup with just the modem in place, you'll have a pre-prov IP. You'll need to complete that flow or call 1st line to have some button pressed.

pre prov ?? calling tech support hahahahahahahha

BenMcr
28-03-2009, 00:59
The walled garden is coming to ex-telewest at somepoint

xocemp
28-03-2009, 01:05
I know Ben, so I'll repeat. Damn NTL and their provisioning.
NTL>TW became Virgin ( only in name, non of that silly VM bought them both ) ;)
So now Ex-TW is following the same processes as Ex-NTL. VirginMedia, NTL, Same rubbish different name.