PDA

View Full Version : 50mg with newsleecher

suggsy
26-03-2009, 17:44
Hi, i am having 50mg installed april 3rd i was wondering if anyone knows if newsleecher can handle the speed, i use giganews as the server and works fine with 20mg at the mo, and was told that newsleecher is the fastest reader.

Thanks in advance.

Sirius
26-03-2009, 17:55
Hi, i am having 50mg installed april 3rd i was wondering if anyone knows if newsleecher can handle the speed, i use giganews as the server and works fine with 20mg at the mo, and was told that newsleecher is the fastest reader.

Thanks in advance.

I have no problems at all with Newsleecher and 50 meg :)

DocDutch
26-03-2009, 17:59
Just the hard drive is trying to keep up with all the downloading you do

HSp8
26-03-2009, 19:24
Just the hard drive is trying to keep up with all the downloading you do

yeah I get this problem - it's definitely a program bug - hope they sort it out for v4

Sirius
26-03-2009, 20:43
yeah I get this problem - it's definitely a program bug - hope they sort it out for v4

What will v4 give me bigger hard drives :LOL: :Sprint:

suggsy
26-03-2009, 20:47

Excellent, so do you get around 5mb/s d/l speed?

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Plus, 'they say' 50mg is not tm'd at the mo is it true?

Sirius
26-03-2009, 20:52

---------- Post added at 19:47 ---------- Previous post was at 19:45 ----------

Plus, 'they say' 50mg is not tm'd at the mo is it true?

Yes to both those questions, first month i had it i passed the magical terabyte in a month :shocked::Sprint:

suggsy
26-03-2009, 21:03
Yes to both those questions, first month i had it i passed the magical terabyte in a month :shocked::Sprint:

Fantastic, i have been waiting till 11pm to download with my 20mg so as not to get tm'd, as i cant be bothered monitoring less than 3gb during the day.

Now i'm all excited and can't wait.

Thanks for all the replies :)

Pushkar
27-03-2009, 00:12
Fantastic, i have been waiting till 11pm to download with my 20mg so as not to get tm'd, as i cant be bothered monitoring less than 3gb during the day.

Now i'm all excited and can't wait.

Thanks for all the replies :)

It's STM by the way, and there is none as mentioned before - However there probably will be at the end of the rollout - something in the summer.

blenky
27-03-2009, 02:16
[quote=suggsy;34763000]Excellent, so do you get around 5mb/s d/l speed?

Yes - unless its a period when it drops to about 15-20 Mbits for no reason!

broadbandking
27-03-2009, 09:40

Yes - unless its a period when it drops to about 15-20 Mbits for no reason!

I have seen people keep saying this and I can honestly say I have never seen this with my 50mb

suggsy
27-03-2009, 10:07
It's STM by the way, and there is none as mentioned before - However there probably will be at the end of the rollout - something in the summer.

Ok thanks, i assumed it was 'tm', (traffic management), so here's a silly noob question, what's STM stand for? :)

Druchii
27-03-2009, 10:15
Ok thanks, i assumed it was 'tm', (traffic management), so here's a silly noob question, what's STM stand for? :)
Subscriber Traffic Management. So, you were right, just one missing word ;)

HSp8
27-03-2009, 10:28
What will v4 give me bigger hard drives :LOL: :Sprint:

thought you were referring to the message that some people get when using it 'Pausing Newsleecher as files being downloaded faster than can be written to disk'

It gives the impression that your hard drive is getting full, but is in fact, a bug, and quite an annoying one at that

discussed here

http://www.newsleecher.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17801

Ignitionnet
27-03-2009, 10:53

I seriously doubt you're the only one who did so, infact I know you aren't. Should pretty much ensure that the 50M gets STM'd anyway ;)

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Thanks in advance.

Newsleecher works well in excess of 50Mbit, it's worth noting that while 50Mbit is all shiny and new and wonderful here in the UK other places have been running Newsleecher at 100Mbit and up for quite some time, me in a former job being one of them :angel:

suggsy
27-03-2009, 20:19
I seriously doubt you're the only one who did so, infact I know you aren't. Should pretty much ensure that the 50M gets STM'd anyway ;)

---------- Post added at 09:53 ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 ----------

Newsleecher works well in excess of 50Mbit, it's worth noting that while 50Mbit is all shiny and new and wonderful here in the UK other places have been running Newsleecher at 100Mbit and up for quite some time, me in a former job being one of them :angel:

Excellent, that's put my mind to rest, but still won't sleep with all the excitement of waiting for my 50mg lol

Thanks, i want to put my name down for 100mg now, :)