PDA

View Full Version : Old customer vs New customer?

RedOni
26-03-2009, 14:35
I came this country 5 year ago, and find a strange thing today, old customer need to pay more than new customer?

I use the 1MB BB from top-sex box and pay £18 a month. I want to use the Selfcare on the virgin media website, and found my ex-ntl account is not working. So I called the customer service and a staff of VM told me my BB need a cable modem to use the selfcare and can send me free, then he tell me my bb will be upgraded to 10MB and I need to pay £25 a month, but I found it is £20 a month for 10MB BB from virgin media website previously.

I asked why I need to pay more and was told it's a upgrade and as a old customer I don't need to pay £30 installation fee. So I asked whether I can get the same price on the website if I pay the £30 installation fee, the answer is no, there is no option of it.

I have used VM BB for 4 years, since NTL, but I can't understand why I need to pay more? Old customer can't get any preferential in the country, but new customer can?

What should I do? Upgrade and pay £25 a month? Can I cancel my BB service and then order it again from VM website to get a £20 a month? Let it be, still use the 1MB BB?

Pushkar
26-03-2009, 14:44
Do you have any other services apart from broadband?

RedOni
26-03-2009, 14:56
Do you have any other services apart from broadband?

TV + phone

Pushkar
26-03-2009, 14:59
TV + phone

What TV and Phone package do you have incl Sky sports etc.

RedOni
26-03-2009, 15:22
tv:XL+SKY SPORTS+PCNE
I don't know what telephone package I'm using, I never use it, it's called 4p plan (on the bill)

broadbandking
26-03-2009, 15:28
You don't have to pay the £30 install fee if you are changing from a STB broadband to SACM broadband call them back mate.