PDA

View Full Version : 50mbit install

albertsteptoe
25-03-2009, 22:24
hello all.

i have just been installed on above service & it took enginerr over an hour just to install my modem.the enginerr was very nice he called virgin 3 times to get signal sent to my modem, & on third call my modem was working ,he left after that & didnt install router, was it down to him to do it as i dont want him to be in trouble with vrgin, if it wasnt his job can i please ask for some help tips to install router also have just noticed i have no sound comeing out of my speakers.

---------- Post added at 22:24 ---------- Previous post was at 21:22 ----------

hello all.

i have just been installed on above service & it took enginerr over an hour just to install my modem.the enginerr was very nice he called virgin 3 times to get signal sent to my modem, & on third called my modem was working ,he left after that & didnt install router, was it down to him to do it as i dont want him to be in trouble with vrgin, if it wasnt his job can i please ask for some help tips to install router also have just noticed i have no sound comeing out of my speakers.

chickendippers
25-03-2009, 22:42
With the L and XL services I believe the engineer doesn't install the router. It should be the same for XXL, but I'm not 100% sure.

albertsteptoe
25-03-2009, 22:53
ok thanks for that, but is there a reason that i should lose ,y sound to my speakers

Jonathan90
25-03-2009, 22:56
maybe he just knokcked something from pc make sure its plugged in correctly. (sound wire that is)

albertsteptoe
25-03-2009, 23:02
ok ill check now. thanks

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

100% right. he didnt knock something he plulled out cable to speacker imput, tahnks for help. to me dosnt seem tobe runing any faster tha my o2 connection @16mb when it comes to loading pages on web.

broadbandking
25-03-2009, 23:04
ok ill check now. thanks

He should of installed the router for you thats part of why you pay £80 install

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 23:03 ----------

ok ill check now. thanks

---------- Post added at 23:02 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

100% right. he didnt knock something he plulled out cable to speacker imput, tahnks for help. to me dosnt seem tobe runing any faster tha my o2 connection @16mb when it comes to loading pages on web.

It won't try as it will only give the websites server speed download from gamesfiles.blueyonder.co.uk and see what speed you get

albertsteptoe
25-03-2009, 23:08
he didnt n im looking at pages o web n there takeing a lt longer than my o2 connection, dont want to drop man in trouble cause it wasnt his fault with install, just need to know if pages on web should load quicker than they are, n if installinging router is easy. thanks for help & quick replys.

broadbandking
25-03-2009, 23:11
It is his fault as he should of done it, router is easy to install, when loading up pages make sure ou have cleared your cache, or try openDNS

albertsteptoe
25-03-2009, 23:22
ok, is it just a mater of connecting my modem to router, n then route to my ethernet port. thnks for all your help.