PDA

View Full Version : Moans and Pet Hates Part 6

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31

Raistlin
24-03-2009, 15:50
Part 6.....who'd have thought we were all such a bunch of whingers :D :D

haydnwalker
24-03-2009, 15:51
I don't whinge... Its life's fault for being so bad!;)

dilli-theclaw
24-03-2009, 15:51
I like my daily moan, keeps me going. Although I have tried to wean myself off a bit recently :)

boroboi
24-03-2009, 16:38
I hate it when americans say " I could care less "

... Well if you could care less, then doesn't that mean you care more than you did if you didnt care?!

Download Failed (1)

zing_deleted
24-03-2009, 16:44
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCUsPnKD1gk

john cleese puts it well :)

dilli-theclaw
24-03-2009, 17:59
Ahhhh computer problems - I just got this one....

-------------------
hi jeffy having a real problem becca and i r doing some work for ken had to do it at the library as i havant got XL but the grids we tried to do didnt work right have you any ideas wot we could do
--------------------

:) I'm still working on it ;)

papa smurf
24-03-2009, 18:11
Ahhhh computer problems - I just got this one....

-------------------
hi jeffy having a real problem becca and i r doing some work for ken had to do it at the library as i havant got XL but the grids we tried to do didnt work right have you any ideas wot we could do
--------------------

:) I'm still working on it ;)

do you have a program to translate that into English ?

dilli-theclaw
24-03-2009, 18:15
They nearly lost me by calling me Jeffy ;)

I have emailed them back as I have no idea what they are on about.

superbiatch
24-03-2009, 21:44
Migraines grrrrr!

It started about lunchtime and stupidly I missed the warning signs. Now its too late for medication to work, my head is pounding and my eyesight is affected. I also get extremely clumsy and feel tired except I can't sleep. Boohoo :(

Peter_
24-03-2009, 21:49
Migraines grrrrr!

It started about lunchtime and stupidly I missed the warning signs. Now its too late for medication to work, my head is pounding and my eyesight is affected. I also get extremely clumsy and feel tired except I can't sleep. Boohoo :(
I usually find a hot shower tends to help with a migraine have a good soaking and then to bed.

Russ
24-03-2009, 22:58
Taking 17 minutes to sign up to a forum when you know 150% that the 'verification code' you type in to show you're a human and not a bot is correct but no matter what you do, it keeps coming up saying 'verification code incorrect' :afire:

Gary L
24-03-2009, 23:08
Taking 17 minutes to sign up to a forum when you know 150% that the 'verification code' you type in to show you're a human and not a bot is correct but no matter what you do, it keeps coming up saying 'verification code incorrect' :afire:

That's happened to me. glad it's happened to you as it means it wasn't just me.

And the webforms where if you get something wrong like the date format or you missed something out. and instead of letting you correct the offending part it makes you fill it all back in again.

Russ
24-03-2009, 23:10
And like the ones that use 2 normal words as the verification code...what, are you supposed to put a space between them, I have no idea because it doesn't say :grind:

Gary L
24-03-2009, 23:11
It's one of 2 choices. yes or no. it's actually no :)

zing_deleted
24-03-2009, 23:11
I never put a space. I joined one today that was to words with a $ and a- as part of it and then to back it up a simple maths question 5+1

Russ
24-03-2009, 23:21
It's one of 2 choices. yes or no. it's actually no :)

But is that what it's moaning about? Or does it think you've spelled a word wrong when you know you haven't??

Gary L
24-03-2009, 23:31
But is that what it's moaning about? Or does it think you've spelled a word wrong when you know you haven't??

We're on the one about spaces between the words now Russ :)

Russ
24-03-2009, 23:34
We're on the one about spaces between the words now Russ :)

I know what we're on about. When it comes back saying the code is incorrect, is it because it thinks you've spelled a word wrong or because you've put a space in when you aren't supposed to? I can't stand those verification codes at all.

Gary L
24-03-2009, 23:37
I know what we're on about. When it comes back saying the code is incorrect, is it because it thinks you've spelled a word wrong or because you've put a space in when you aren't supposed to? I can't stand those verification codes at all.

I don't know. verification codes that overlap each letter. you have to get a felt tip out and trace the lines on the screen to work it out.
They should give you Mensa points for them ones.

Maggy
25-03-2009, 08:40
Migraines grrrrr!

Camomile tea,Valerian tea and Earl Grey tea with added Bergomot (Waitrose brand) are a tremendous help in getting some natural sleep during a migraine.

I often give myself a aromatherapy facial massage with lavender and camomile during an attack.

a few drops of lavender and camomile essential oil on a tissue may help as well.

Hope this is of help.

Raistlin
25-03-2009, 09:02
Migraines grrrrr!

When you get migraines do you get flashing images in front of your eyes and a kind of sick feelng?

superbiatch
25-03-2009, 09:09
Camomile tea,Valerian tea and Earl Grey tea with added Bergomot (Waitrose brand) are a tremendous help in getting some natural sleep during a migraine.

I often give myself a aromatherapy facial massage with lavender and camomile during an attack.

a few drops of lavender and camomile essential oil on a tissue may help as well.

Hope this is of help.

Thanks Maggy, I slept like a baby but still have the headache this morning - i've worned everyone in my office that i'm tetchy so to leave me alone :dozey:. I missed the point to take my medication as I was stuck in a meeting yesterday, I've paid the price today.

When you get migraines do you get flashing images in front of your eyes and a kind of sick feelng?

Yes and yes! The visual stuff is more frightening as I almost end up blind in one eye. I can cope with the nausea, as its never really been that bad with me thank goodness.

Stuart
25-03-2009, 10:27

Sounds like the verification system for becoming a Symbian developer. Took me several goes to get past the verification code, and even then it took several hours for the confirmation to arrive. They then issued a certificate I could use to sign any app I wanted for my n95. The procedure was a little fiddly, but it was quick.

Not that I ever developed any Symbian software, just needed it to sign some freeware I wanted installed on my N95.

Then, they changed the system. You now have to pay to use the system I was using. You can sign apps without registering, but each time you need to go through the verification procedure above, then upload the file to them and fill out a form with your email address. They will then email you to confirm the address, and when you click the link in that, they'll email a link to the signed app. The old procedure took a few minutes per app. The new takes a couple of hours, assuming the system hasn't gone down.

I haven't developed any iPhone software (I might at some point though), but the procedure Apple use is a hell of a lot easier.

Russ
25-03-2009, 10:32
Sounds like the verification system for becoming a Symbian developer. Took me several goes to get past the verification code, and even then it took several hours for the confirmation to arrive. They then issued a certificate I could use to sign any app I wanted for my n95. The procedure was a little fiddly, but it was quick.

I see a pattern emerging here - the hassle I was getting WAS to sign up to a symbian forum in order to get a certificate! But this was different, it's a case of signing up to the forum, then PM'ing one of the admins to get the certificate. And I finally made it past the registration this morning.

dilli-theclaw
25-03-2009, 16:13
Ah yes - visual verification... The one thing that defeats my screen reader dead lol.

If they don't have an audio link I usually have to emai the webnaster direct for help.

Stuart
25-03-2009, 16:19
I've been spending a few days going through Microsoft's documentation for deploying Vista to multiple computers, and now have a headache.

Don't you just love it when Microsoft upgrade stuff?

With XP, it was a case of creating an INI file with some details (where to find drivers, user details etc) using Notepad or the enclosed software. Then running Sysprep, letting it shut the machine down and using whatever software to copy an image of the data on the HDD.

With Vista, the procedure has grown a little more complicated (in fact, I am currently reading through over 200 pages of documentation on it).

Druchii
25-03-2009, 16:43
I've been spending a few days going through Microsoft's documentation for deploying Vista to multiple computers, and now have a headache.

Don't you just love it when Microsoft upgrade stuff?

With XP, it was a case of creating an INI file with some details (where to find drivers, user details etc) using Notepad or the enclosed software. Then running Sysprep, letting it shut the machine down and using whatever software to copy an image of the data on the HDD.

With Vista, the procedure has grown a little more complicated (in fact, I am currently reading through over 200 pages of documentation on it).
Might be an idea to see if vLite is appropriate for use? It too can launch scripts etc... Without modifying the windows install unless you need it to.

Stuart
25-03-2009, 16:53
Might be an idea to see if vLite is appropriate for use? It too can launch scripts etc... Without modifying the windows install unless you need it to.

I tried vLite. Doesn't offer as much configuration as I need.

Druchii
25-03-2009, 17:05
I tried vLite. Doesn't offer as much configuration as I need.
Shame :(

Maggy
25-03-2009, 21:11
oh crap!Now my sensitive tooth ache has become an earache..Wondering if I can wait until May 22 to see the dentist...:(

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

geting close to this.:banghead:

I just hope the paracetamol kick in soon..I need some sleep if I'm to work tomorrow..:(

homealone
25-03-2009, 21:21
oh crap!Now my sensitive tooth ache has become an earache..Wondering if I can wait until May 22 to see the dentist...:(

---------- Post added at 21:11 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

geting close to this.:banghead:

I just hope the paracetamol kick in soon..I need some sleep if I'm to work tomorrow..:(

try a decongestant, as well, Maggy, it is possible a blocked sinus could be adding to the discomfort ???

Maggy
25-03-2009, 21:37
try a decongestant, as well, Maggy, it is possible a blocked sinus could be adding to the discomfort ???

No I won't take pills for that..they give me weird reactions..I'll use the karvol drops on a hankie.;)

homealone
25-03-2009, 21:42
No I won't take pills for that..they give me weird reactions..I'll use the karvol drops on a hankie.;)

Worth a try - hope it helps :)

MadGamer
26-03-2009, 12:05
1 of my chickens (Rhode Island Red) has passed away, not sure if it was earlier this morning or during the night. when I didn't see her out in the run I thought she must be trying to lay, but when I lifted the roof off of the nesting box her head was in the down position, tried calling her name and giving her a gentle tug, but she wasn't moving. She wasn't even a year old, and yesterday she was out in the run with the other two, so could it have been a heart attack? I feel so useless at the mo :( , was on the phone about 10 mins ago to my dad crying my eyes out. :(

joglynne
26-03-2009, 12:15
1 of my chickens (Rhode Island Red) has passed away, not sure if it was earlier this morning or during the night. when I didn't see her out in the run I thought she must be trying to lay, but when I lifted the roof off of the nesting box her head was in the down position, tried calling her name and giving her a gentle tug, but she wasn't moving. She wasn't even a year old, and yesterday she was out in the run with the other two, so could it have been a heart attack? I feel so useless at the mo :( , was on the phone about 10 mins ago to my dad crying my eyes out. :(

Not a lot I can say Wayne but it does happen that way sometimes. Keep a really close eye on the other two for a couple of days but if she was moving about normally yesterday it's unlikely to have been an infection. :hugs:

lauzjp
26-03-2009, 12:38
sorry to hear that Wayne :(

Hugh
26-03-2009, 13:27
A little while ago, I, my wife, and our best friends (godparents to each others kids, go on holidays together, etc etc) went to Manc Apollo to see ABC, Heaven 17, and Human League - and it was good fun.

My darling wife and her counterpart have arranged a "re-match" for the four of us, to see another bunch of 80's artistes (Here and Now Tour) at MEN Arena in May - Rick Astley, Kim Wilde, Howard Jones, Kid Creole & The Coconuts, Altered Images, Brother Beyond, and Hazel O'Connor.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Have pity and mercy on me, please! What have I done to deserve this horrible torture?

(btw, I obviously have not said anything negative about this to SWMBO).

This 30 second cathartic outburst was brought to you courtesy of foreverwar inc.

MadGamer
26-03-2009, 13:30
What have I done to deserve this

Since you went away, I've been hanging around, wondering why........

Hugh
26-03-2009, 13:32
But Annie, I'm not your daddy!

superbiatch
26-03-2009, 19:05
Well today I was speechless, and thats a rareity! Travelling down a local linkway heading from St Helens towards Runcorn i noticed a van straddling two lanes. As he was driving quite slow, I was gaining on him so figured the best thing to do was put my foot down and get past him and out of harms way (i thought he was drunk).

As i passed i glanced at him and i had to take a double take. He was having a bowl of soup at the wheel!! One hand holding the bowl, the other with the spoon which obviously meant he didn't have any spare to hold the wheel :mad:

Never in my 12 years of driving have i seen such an idiot (and there's been lots over the years!)

Tinky
26-03-2009, 19:14
Ever tried trying to scrape Artex off the wall? Spent 2 hours at it and all I got done was about 2 square yds.:mad:

Peter_
26-03-2009, 19:18
Ever tried trying to scrape Artex off the wall? Spent 2 hours at it and all I got done was about 2 square yds.:mad:
Usually quicker and safer getting it skimmed as depending on its age it can contain asbestos just google

> artex and asbestos

Tinky
26-03-2009, 19:28
Usually quicker and safer getting it skimmed as depending on its age it can contain asbestos just google

> artex and asbestos

I can't afford to get the professionals in, but thanks for that information about the asbestos Moldova. In that case may just finish the fireplace, and leave the rest be. This is all I managed to get done.

Peter_
26-03-2009, 19:36
I can't afford to get the professionals in, but thanks for that information about the asbestos Moldova. In that case may just finish the fireplace, and leave the rest be. This is all I managed to get done.
try thissite http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/Sundries/Paint_Varnish_and_Wallpaper_Removers/?utm_id=G295&gclid=CMXC-8qrwZkCFUEA4wodlEBktg for X Tex Textured Coatings Remover (http://www.decoratingdirect.co.uk/viewprod/e/ECOXTEX/)

Mr_love_monkey
27-03-2009, 00:13
Migraines grrrrr!

Hmm migranes.. great fun.
I used to have migranes, now I have constant and I do mean _constant_ headaches - it's there when I wake up, and there when I go to sleep, a constant dull throbbing (if I'm lucky - other times it's a lot of stabbing pain which makes it hard to do anthing).

homealone
27-03-2009, 00:43
Hmm migranes.. great fun.
I used to have migranes, now I have constant and I do mean _constant_ headaches - it's there when I wake up, and there when I go to sleep, a constant dull throbbing (if I'm lucky - other times it's a lot of stabbing pain which makes it hard to do anthing).

not trying to worry you, but I have had two colleagues die from brain tumours in the last year - you should take a problem like that to your GP. imo ???

Peter_
27-03-2009, 07:00
Well today I was speechless, and thats a rareity! Travelling down a local linkway heading from St Helens towards Runcorn i noticed a van straddling two lanes. As he was driving quite slow, I was gaining on him so figured the best thing to do was put my foot down and get past him and out of harms way (i thought he was drunk).

As i passed i glanced at him and i had to take a double take. He was having a bowl of soup at the wheel!! One hand holding the bowl, the other with the spoon which obviously meant he didn't have any spare to hold the wheel :mad:

Never in my 12 years of driving have i seen such an idiot (and there's been lots over the years!)

I have seen a couple of similar stupid actions.

! : about 2 years ago on the A55 going to Bangor a guy overtook me at around 80mph eating a Mcdonald Flurry which is an icecream in a large paper cup eaten with a spoon.

2: The other was a guy eating chips and gravy from a chipshop tray in the paper with a fork on the motorway.

Two out and out morons and it would not have surprised me if they were on a mobile phone as well.

Mr_love_monkey
27-03-2009, 07:19
not trying to worry you, but I have had two colleagues die from brain tumours in the last year - you should take a problem like that to your GP. imo ???

been there, done that :) - that was my first worry - but I've had an MRI, and all that - and they haven't found anything wrong - so we've spent a year going back and forth trying to find out what the cause is, but no one seems to know

---------- Post added at 07:19 ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 ----------

I have seen a couple of similar stupid actions.

! : about 2 years ago on the A55 going to Bangor a guy overtook me at around 80mph eating a Mcdonald Flurry which is an icecream in a large paper cup eaten with a spoon.

2: The other was a guy eating chips and gravy from a chipshop tray in the paper with a fork on the motorway.

Two out and out morons and it would not have surprised me if they were on a mobile phone as well.

I've seen things like that when I'm driving on the motorway- one time it shocked me so much that I dropped my electric razor in my coffee, and lost my page in my sudoku book

Maggy
27-03-2009, 08:20
:hugs:Mr LM..I wish you visited us more often..I miss your wit.

Nugget
27-03-2009, 08:50

It's truly shining :)

danielf
27-03-2009, 09:07
been there, done that :) - that was my first worry - but I've had an MRI, and all that - and they haven't found anything wrong - so we've spent a year going back and forth trying to find out what the cause is, but no one seems to know

They examined your head and found nothing wrong with it? Surely, even you don't believe that? :p: :)

Druchii
27-03-2009, 09:14
Spoolsv.exe ARGH!!

Hugh
27-03-2009, 09:47
Stress related?

Mr_love_monkey
27-03-2009, 09:58

wow - don't think anyone has ever said that before...

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

It's truly shining :)

I think you should go away too, so we can have a chance to miss you :)

---------- Post added at 09:57 ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 ----------

They examined your head and found nothing wrong with it? Surely, even you don't believe that? :p: :)

well, they said there was nothing inside my head to cause any problems.... and don't call me Shirley

---------- Post added at 09:58 ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 ----------

Stress related?

I don't think so. I don't feel overly stressed - but I guess it's a possibilty

Stuart
27-03-2009, 10:02
Shame :(

It is.. vLite is an excellent piece of software otherwise. Trouble is, I am trying to create a vista installation for our Macs at work next year, and as we have a lot of software that will be installed automatically, I need it to be configured exactly the same as Vista on the PCs, which involves a few folder name changes (including the system folder) and for it to run several scripts afterward. Sadly, there are various reasons why I cannot use the PC install for vista. The main one being that it wipes and reparitions the HDD first.

The people who created it seem unwilling to allow me to copy it and alter it so it doesn't, and also to add the correct drivers for the Mac hardware.

My moan for today? Trains again.

There was a points failure at Lewisham, which caused South Eastern to divert my train (and all London Bound Mid Kent trains) away from it. Little incoveniant for me, as I need to change to the DLR at Lewisham. That, however, is not my point. Faults happen.

My moan is how they dealt with it. On the radio, South Eastern said there was an earlier signal failure, but everything was all right now (it wasn't). They said the same on their website, although TFL said there was possible trouble.

At my local station, they said nothing. Which they normally do if there were no problems.

On the train, the driver waited until he was 10 seconds from closing the doors at the station before Lewisham to tell passengers that his train was now fast to London Bridge, which almost caused fights at the doors to get off. He advised people to get off at this station and get a bus (which is actually the best advice, it just could have been given a little earlier).

At the station where I got off, they had a big notice telling people that as of 8:15 (it was 8:30), no trains were calling at Lewisham and people should get the train to London and back (which is actually the longest way to do the journey).

Now, why couldn't they have told us earlier? Why couldn't they arrange that local buses take people's train passes (although this doesn't affect me as I ended up not getting the bus and have a travelcard anyway)?

OK, so the website is showing the correct information now, and they are allowing tickets on other forms of transports now, but why not in the rush hour, when it was most needed?

Gary L
27-03-2009, 10:08
Getting spam from sites that you know for certain you ticked the box for no communication from them. and in the spam it says you're getting this because you agreed to it.

deakin
27-03-2009, 15:13
Finding out i have type 2 diabetes and being put on the medication metformin.
The nurse told me i may get some wind as a side effect, understatment of the year.. i'm farting every few mins.

One of the best ones so far lasted for about 5 seconds, this is childish but i laughed untill i seen the look on my wtb's face.

I have been informed that if i fart like that in bed i shall be sleeping in the spare room.

Nugget
27-03-2009, 15:15
The nurse told me i may get some wind as a side effect, understatment of the year.. i'm farting every few mins.

One of the best ones so far lasted for about 5 seconds, this is childish but i laughed untill i seen the look on my wtb's face.

I have been informed that if i fart like that in bed i shall be sleeping in the spare room.

Surely, if you fart like that in bed, she'll land in the spare room?

superbiatch
27-03-2009, 16:13
Been charged £105 for going £15 over my overdraft! Three separate amounts and a charge of £35 each :mad: They won't reverse them as I had one reversed once.

I just wish my card would stop working when there was nothing left to save this happening!! I've got a credit card i could have used for these stupid little amounts - argh!

Russ
27-03-2009, 16:31

Tell me about it - mother is on the same medication and honestly when she cracks one off, the wallpaper starts peeling, the wine goes off and the dog passes out.

I remember once a few years ago, Alyssa must have only been about 2 or 3 and she was playing her toys on the floor. My mother was sitting nearby and she grunted out a guff of gargantuan proportions, Alyssa looked up and said "Daddy, motorbike?".

Hom3r
27-03-2009, 17:44

My sister got some of using a wallpaper striper but this was only a light coat.

The best option is to knock back the high piont and use a light coat of plaster to smooth it out.

dilli-theclaw
29-03-2009, 19:19
Ooooo let me see....

Hospital
Dr's
Blood tests
Liars
And people who let me down.

superbiatch
30-03-2009, 09:55
My moan for the day - stuck in the house on a days' holiday waiting for a structural engineer to come around who won't give me a clue as to what time they're coming :(

moaningmags
30-03-2009, 11:07
Getting woken up at 6:15am with a migraine dancing behind my left eye :(

xpod
30-03-2009, 11:18
A house full o sick women.
The missus,our oldest girl and our youngest are all laid up in bed so i get to stay in and look after them all.I`ve got builders coming so i would have been here this afternoon anyway but still........I`ve managed to get a doctors appointment for them all later today but i`m not sure th.....i`ll last that long.:sleep:

Getting woken up at 6:15am with a migraine dancing behind my left eye

Getting woken up at about the same time by the wife complaining about something very similar was not quite as bad as the 3am awakening by our wee one coming down and dragging the covers off me as she climbed in.

Poor wee mite.
I felt sorry for her too of course:angel:

I think it`s the seasonal transition bug this house always falls victim too.well,the women of the house anyway.
Every March-April and Oct-Nov it`s the same.
Just waiting on the other 2 getting struck down now.

superbiatch
30-03-2009, 11:27
Getting woken up at 6:15am with a migraine dancing behind my left eye :(

Deepest sympathy, had one myself last week which lasted 2 days :(

Maggy
30-03-2009, 17:50
Being asked to work shadow someone ahead of next term so I can take over only to find I'm actually TAKING the classes as the person leaving is at home looking after a 'sick child' so the person I have to work shadow has to take their classes..

Yeah right...I really believe that one..:rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 17:50 ---------- Previous post was at 17:46 ----------

Students who don't follow the power point instruction manual..and just start pressing buttons in CS3.:rolleyes:

Hom3r
30-03-2009, 18:03
Got an e-mail saying that the Top Boss & top HR men are coming on wednesday, was also told that the two year paln to ditch our Airbus A300 is now a 1 year plan :(.

So the rumour factoy has exploded, so will I have a job on wednesday?

I friggin hope so, £5k in debt.

danielf
30-03-2009, 21:37
Got a bloody sore knee from cycling 20 miles yesterday. Apparently, you need to take it a bit easier when you normally don't do much more a few miles on one day :(

Maggy
31-03-2009, 07:29
Bah! Haven't canned a spammer for days...Too many cooks...;)

dilli-theclaw
31-03-2009, 13:47
My tin of beans and sausages.... NO SMEGGING sausages.... GRRRR :)

lauzjp
31-03-2009, 14:42
My tin of beans and sausages.... NO SMEGGING sausages.... GRRRR :)

complain! I so would. My mum recently found a bit of metal in a box of thorntons diabetic chocs and has so far had a couple of freebies from them ;) She's awaiting news about dental treatment costs. :dozey:

joglynne
31-03-2009, 16:14
Being told I don't need to see my Consultant Heamotologist for 7 months last Tuesday then collapsing in agony and being rushed by ambulance to that hospital on Friday. Thank goodness for morphine. I really, really want to use several swear words.

Druchii
31-03-2009, 16:15
Being told I don't need to see my Consultant Heamotologist for 7 months last Tuesday then collapsing in agony and being rushed by ambulance to that hospital on Friday. Thank goodness for morphine. I really, really want to use several swear words.
I'll use some for you:

Soap!!!

I hope you're ok though.

joglynne
31-03-2009, 16:24
Thanks Druchii.

I live to fight another day. You lot can't get rid of me this easily. :D

Hom3r
31-03-2009, 17:35
Rumour mill, why is the top man and butcher (HR) coming to Stansted first, then on Thursday having a meet in Liege, which is far bigger than us.

Doesn't bode well.

Graham M
01-04-2009, 12:54
My mum's broken her hip, she's only 51 :( In for surgery today hopefully

Maggy
01-04-2009, 16:14
My mum's broken her hip, she's only 51 :( In for surgery today hopefully

Oh I hope she's sorted and home pretty quick..How did she do it may one ask? :erm:

Graham M
01-04-2009, 16:28
We think she tripped up in the dark last night and landed heavily on it, hopefully going to see her about 6pm

Hom3r
01-04-2009, 17:51
Bugger B*[[*£s,

Had the meeting today and they are shutting us down, all 65+ of us out of work.

But the first redunacies won't be 1st August at the earliest :(, some could be offered a relocation to Liege, but I will not go there.

Best of all it will take upto a year to shut the site down, but I will not be there by then, I'll be in another job.

I'ld rather have another job than £2,500 package.

Bugger.

moaningmags
01-04-2009, 18:00
Sorry to hear that Hom3r, good luck in the job hunt.

dilli-theclaw
01-04-2009, 18:04
Indeed - I hope you get sorted.

---------- Post added at 18:04 ---------- Previous post was at 18:01 ----------

My mum's broken her hip, she's only 51 :( In for surgery today hopefullyI hope she makes a swift recovery.

Hom3r
01-04-2009, 18:13
Thanks guys.

I feel like this at the monent

:bigcry:

Still one door shuts another will open.

Mind you i'll save £1,500 on diesel :D

Maggy
01-04-2009, 19:50
Bugger B*[[*£s,

Had the meeting today and they are shutting us down, all 65+ of us out of work.

But the first redunacies won't be 1st August at the earliest :(, some could be offered a relocation to Liege, but I will not go there.

Best of all it will take upto a year to shut the site down, but I will not be there by then, I'll be in another job.

I'ld rather have another job than £2,500 package.

Bugger.

Sorry to hear this..but I guess we will be hearing more and more such accounts over the next 2-3 years.:(

TheDaddy
01-04-2009, 20:04
Thanks guys.

I feel like this at the monent

:bigcry:

Still one door shuts another will open.

Mind you i'll save £1,500 on diesel :D

That's it try and be positive, something will soon come along

Hom3r
01-04-2009, 20:10
Most of us are talking about it on facebook.

But we have to be careful, as you never now whose reading.

Nugget
02-04-2009, 09:06

Sorry to hear about your job - fingers crossed you'll get something else.

I managed to get straight into another job so, seeing as you don't live in the cultural backwater that is Grimsby, you should have no problems :)

superbiatch
02-04-2009, 09:41
I live in a block of private apartments, each has 1 designated parking space. For a while we've not been able to park in our own space as people are having friends etc coming round, or basically just parking their car their so they can 'SORN' it out of eyes view.

Anyway to cut a long story short, a clamping company has been employed and lots of advanced warning has been put about the car park/buildings. We each have our own permit which clearly shows our parking space number.

The clampers decided today was the day to start enforcing and i was rather rudely awoken at about 6.30am by an argument going on outside. Looked out the window to see 6 burly looking men and 3 residents who'd obviously had their cars clamped having a 'debate' - thats their own stupid fault IMO, they've had lots of notice and shouldn't be parking in disabled spaces :p:

My moan is getting woken up at 6.30 a full 15 minutes before my alarm goes off - even if it was quite funny to watch.

By the time I left 8 had been clamped just in my own vicinity.

lucy7
02-04-2009, 14:53
I live in a block of private apartments, each has 1 designated parking space. For a while we've not been able to park in our own space as people are having friends etc coming round, or basically just parking their car their so they can 'SORN' it out of eyes view.

Anyway to cut a long story short, a clamping company has been employed and lots of advanced warning has been put about the car park/buildings. We each have our own permit which clearly shows our parking space number.

The clampers decided today was the day to start enforcing and i was rather rudely awoken at about 6.30am by an argument going on outside. Looked out the window to see 6 burly looking men and 3 residents who'd obviously had their cars clamped having a 'debate' - thats their own stupid fault IMO, they've had lots of notice and shouldn't be parking in disabled spaces :p:

My moan is getting woken up at 6.30 a full 15 minutes before my alarm goes off - even if it was quite funny to watch.

By the time I left 8 had been clamped just in my own vicinity.

Clampers rule OK!

I have contracts at a lot of apartment blocks in Leeds, they have a big problem with parking as well.
Some residents have taken to scratching the cars that are in their designated parking space, to warn them off, as the polite notices on the offending cars was not working.

I think car wars is about to start, and a tit for tat scratching epidemic personally!

Graham M
02-04-2009, 15:09
I hope she makes a swift recovery.

Thanks for your well wishes all, went to see her last night and she was still groggy, going to see her this evening when I finish work (finishing early yay :))

superbiatch
02-04-2009, 15:26
Clampers rule OK!

I have contracts at a lot of apartment blocks in Leeds, they have a big problem with parking as well.
Some residents have taken to scratching the cars that are in their designated parking space, to warn them off, as the polite notices on the offending cars was not working.

I think car wars is about to start, and a tit for tat scratching epidemic personally!

I would never go so low as to scratch someone's car for parking in my space - i might however block them in and not move until its convenient for me and hopefully they'd learn their lesson :D

I do worry that the 'goody two shoes' like myself might get blamed for people getting clamped and therefore our cars get vandalised :rolleyes:

Hom3r
02-04-2009, 19:17
What has really peed us all off is that all these top bosses came to say about costs, and did they drive, train or commercal flight, NO the used the companys blood Learjet which cost £3,000 per hour minimum to use.

superbiatch
02-04-2009, 20:46
I would never go so low as to scratch someone's car for parking in my space - i might however block them in and not move until its convenient for me and hopefully they'd learn their lesson :D

I do worry that the 'goody two shoes' like myself might get blamed for people getting clamped and therefore our cars get vandalised :rolleyes:

Well i've just got in from the gym, not been home since 8am this morning and they've just removed one of the clamps from their own car somehow - what is the point?! :rolleyes:

Druchii
02-04-2009, 21:34
Well i've just got in from the gym, not been home since 8am this morning and they've just removed one of the clamps from their own car somehow - what is the point?! :rolleyes:
By deflating the tyre?
The point may be that they need to go to work and cannot afford the fine immediately?

superbiatch
02-04-2009, 21:45
By deflating the tyre?
The point may be that they need to go to work and cannot afford the fine immediately?

I didn't mean that, and anyway they shouldn't have parked where they did to get the fine in the first place. I have to go to work, so made every effort I followed the rules - its not that hard with literally signs on every wall/fence you look at.

What I was trying to say and obviously didn't make it clear was what is the point of putting a clamp on which can be removed? They used a whizzer so I assume there will be damage to the clamp - me thinks this particular story is not over just yet :dozey:

TheDaddy
02-04-2009, 23:55
I didn't mean that, and anyway they shouldn't have parked where they did to get the fine in the first place. I have to go to work, so made every effort I followed the rules - its not that hard with literally signs on every wall/fence you look at.

What I was trying to say and obviously didn't make it clear was what is the point of putting a clamp on which can be removed? They used a whizzer so I assume there will be damage to the clamp - me thinks this particular story is not over just yet :dozey:

It will be over unless he is stupid enough to park there again, then he'll get towed away, what do they charge, £90 clamp removal fee is fair, anything more is gaining money with menace imo. The firm I used to do a bit of work for were recently on Watchdog, charging £300 clamp release :shocked:

superbiatch
03-04-2009, 08:55
It will be over unless he is stupid enough to park there again, then he'll get towed away, what do they charge, £90 clamp removal fee is fair, anything more is gaining money with menace imo. The firm I used to do a bit of work for were recently on Watchdog, charging £300 clamp release :shocked:

£150 per release according to the the signs. The residents got 3 off last night and then put the clamps in a van and drove off. None of the cars were there this morning :dozey:

Peter_
03-04-2009, 09:10
£150 per release according to the the signs. The residents got 3 off last night and then put the clamps in a van and drove off. None of the cars were there this morning :dozey:
Brilliant they think removing the clamps and hiding their cars for a few days will make the clamping company forget all about it, all that will happen is the company will get Bailiff's to attend with the Police next time the cars reappear and they can be then towed away and the owners may be charged with criminal damage over the removal and disposal of the clamps.:D

lucy7
03-04-2009, 09:14
Brilliant they think removing the clamps and hiding their cars for a few days will make the clamping company forget all about it, all that will happen is the company will get Bailiff's to attend with the Police next time the cars reappear and they can be then towed away and the owners may be charged with criminal damage over the removal and disposal of the clamps.:D

Agreed, but I bet they felt good getting the clamps off!:) I would of!

In the end the cars will stop parking there, if it becomes known as a clampers hot spot, so job well done.

superbiatch
03-04-2009, 09:35

Ooh, watch this space for an update then ;)

Agreed, but I bet they felt good getting the clamps off!:) I would of!

In the end the cars will stop parking there, if it becomes known as a clampers hot spot, so job well done.

It was really quite funny to watch the community spirit with all the affected residents bringing out their 'tools' for the job. One had a portable whizzer, one had a trolley jack and another with an electronic pump to reinflate the tyre. They all cheered when they got the first one off :D

If it eventually stops the parking then I suppose its served a purpose.

TheDaddy
03-04-2009, 16:49

Very unlikely that they'll get the police involved, they won't want their chaps tied up giving statements and not earning money over the sake of a couple of £40 clamps more likely they'll tow the vehicles when ever and where ever they see them and add a stupid amount on for their time and clamp replacements.

---------- Post added at 16:49 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Could have been a lot worse, did they have a removal and storage amount on there as well?

Ps. Always make sure they can see your permit and it's the right way up and that you're fully in the bay, sounds stupid but some of them will clamp you over nothing, gives the whole industry a bad name, especially as it's needed, some of our sites had people paying 10 grand a year to park, I am blowed if I'd let anyone else park in my space either for that cash.

superbiatch
03-04-2009, 22:29
Could have been a lot worse, did they have a removal and storage amount on there as well?

Ps. Always make sure they can see your permit and it's the right way up and that you're fully in the bay, sounds stupid but some of them will clamp you over nothing, gives the whole industry a bad name, especially as it's needed, some of our sites had people paying 10 grand a year to park, I am blowed if I'd let anyone else park in my space either for that cash.

Can't actually remember about the removal and storage costs but will check when i go back home next week.

I've got my permit above my tax disc, i'm really not comfortable with it showing my apartment number also though. If someone is parked in my space, we've been told to park any where else without hindering the other residents but not in another space :confused:

Peter_
03-04-2009, 22:49
Very unlikely that they'll get the police involved, they won't want their chaps tied up giving statements and not earning money over the sake of a couple of £40 clamps more likely they'll tow the vehicles when ever and where ever they see them and add a stupid amount on for their time and clamp replacements.

If the clamping company feels the is a need to get their money back and to be reimbursed for their damaged/ lost clamps they can and do involve bailiffs, and if the bailiffs have any issue with getting fines paid or vehicles removed they can and do get the Police involved as a lot of these firms are very vindictive and they take great pleasure in ruining your credit rating.

TheDaddy
04-04-2009, 00:08
we've been told to park any where else without hindering the other residents but not in another space :confused:

Otherwise you'll be clamped to, make sure you phone the phone number on the sign to let them know what you're doing, just to be on the safe side.

superbiatch
04-04-2009, 00:10
Otherwise you'll be clamped to, make sure you phone the phone number on the sign to let them know what you're doing, just to be on the safe side.

I know, i'll have to - just didn't fancy being a 'grass' but if someone's gotta get clamped I'd prefer it wasn't me.

TheDaddy
04-04-2009, 00:18
If the clamping company feels the is a need to get their money back and to be reimbursed for their damaged/ lost clamps they can and do involve bailiffs, and if the bailiffs have any issue with getting fines paid or vehicles removed they can and do get the Police involved as a lot of these firms are very vindictive and they take great pleasure in ruining your credit rating.

I have only worked for 1 company admittedly, however I have had contact with plenty of other firms through training their staff and I have never heard of a clamping firm getting bailiffs in over a lost clamp, they come in packs of 10 for £400 so it's no big deal if 1 gets lost every now and again, they'll more than make it back when they see the car next anyway.

I heard on the radio they are in for a long over due shake up soon as well, looks pretty tame to me though.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090403/tuk-smith-crackdown-on-cowboy-clampers-6323e80.html

Maggy
04-04-2009, 00:31
Finally had to admit defeat and sort out an emergency dental appointment through the emergency service seeing as my new NHS dentist can't see me until May..Cost me £16.50 and the taxi fare there and back(£16).

Dentist took a look,took an Xray,issued a prescription for antibiotics(another £7.50) and a referral to a unspecified hospital.

End result was an expensive afternoon and I'm still in pain with an exposed bony area of my inner jaw rubbing my tongue raw every time I eat,drink,talk or swallow saliva.

Some stronger pain killers might have been a better solution than the useless paracetmol I'm relying on at present.

Ah well my inability to eat will ensure I won't put any weight on at Easter.I may even lose some.:(

joglynne
04-04-2009, 11:44
You have all my sympathy Coggy. Toothache is the pits. Does the hospital appointment mean you will get some treatment before May? :hugs:

Peter_
04-04-2009, 12:24
I have only worked for 1 company admittedly, however I have had contact with plenty of other firms through training their staff and I have never heard of a clamping firm getting bailiffs in over a lost clamp, they come in packs of 10 for £400 so it's no big deal if 1 gets lost every now and again, they'll more than make it back when they see the car next anyway.

I heard on the radio they are in for a long over due shake up soon as well, looks pretty tame to me though.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090403/tuk-smith-crackdown-on-cowboy-clampers-6323e80.html
No not over the clamp but over the removal and non payment of the removal fee, I see we were both thinking about different scenarios.;)

Maggy
04-04-2009, 12:46
You have all my sympathy Coggy. Toothache is the pits. Does the hospital appointment mean you will get some treatment before May? :hugs:

Dunno..I doubt it..:(

No Download Failed (1)for me this Easter.

Halcyon
04-04-2009, 12:47
People who throw litter all over the place.

joglynne
04-04-2009, 12:57
Dunno..I doubt it..:(

:( <jo gives you an even bigger hug> Maybe as the antibiotics start to work the pain will reduce and you can use something like Oralmedic (http://www.oralmedic.co.uk/) to ease the sore area of your tongue. I discovered Oramedic a few weeks ago when my broken tooth was shredding the side of my tongue and found Bonjela wasn't strong enough.

Maggy
04-04-2009, 12:58
:( <jo gives you an even bigger hug> Maybe as the antibiotics start to work the pain will reduce and you can use something like Oralmedic (http://www.oralmedic.co.uk/) to ease the sore area of your tongue. I discovered Oramedic a few weeks ago when my broken tooth was shredding the side of my tongue and found Bonjela wasn't strong enough.

Thanks for the suggestion

lauzjp
05-04-2009, 16:33
lost £ on stupid luton cup bet thingy. grr. stupid added extra time rule (which I didn't even see as an option, though I may be mistaken as I have now drunk half at least half a bottle of wine) grr. I hate the right score, and the draw at half time then luton to win. BAH! I will stick to horses! :mad:

Tinky
06-04-2009, 08:54
Still scraping :spin:

Stuart
06-04-2009, 10:47
What has really peed us all off is that all these top bosses came to say about costs, and did they drive, train or commercal flight, NO the used the companys blood Learjet which cost £3,000 per hour minimum to use.

Sorry to hear that..

As one friend of mine found out when he referred to his boss using a word that ends in wit and starts with something a whole lot more rude. Sadly, in his case, his boss's wife is listed was listed as one of his facebook friends.

Maggy
06-04-2009, 23:05
Damn! I just ate a whole Galaxy bar..:(

It didn't work! I still feel irritated.:mad:

Maggy
07-04-2009, 13:03
The next time I join in a religious argument will someone please beat me senseless?

I just never learn....:dunce:

Hugh
07-04-2009, 14:29
The next time I join in a religious argument will someone please beat me senseless?

:hugs:

I share your pain.

Hom3r
07-04-2009, 17:19
Stupid idiot dustmen who didn't take the bin bag because it was to close to the bloody recycling stuff.

Not only do we now have to put them and the end of our path (too dam lazy to walk down a path, like they used to when the council did it) we have to put the on different sides.

So a trip to the dump was needed.

If they can't tell the differents between a bin bag and a recyling box a job change is in order.

lucy7
07-04-2009, 20:30

Agreed........you were right Maggie, and I was wrong!

Which everyone could have a each to their own attitude!!

Oh well...........................

---------- Post added at 20:30 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

People who throw litter all over the place.

Ditto!

In Leeds it is really bad in places.

We have just driven up to the lower Lake District area (not the popular area), as we drove up, Hubby actually remarked on how litter free the country lanes were.

Wish it was like this in the towns and cities too.

Derek
07-04-2009, 21:55
Nipples. More specifically nipples on men, whats the point?

All they do is get painful and bloody when I'm out running and my t-shirt ends up looking like a prop from platoon after it.

Hugh
07-04-2009, 21:56

All they do is get painful and bloody when I'm out running and my t-shirt ends up looking like a prop from platoon after it.
Get a partner of choice to kiss them better, and you will see that they can (occasionally) have a use..... ;)

moaningmags
07-04-2009, 22:03
My moan to cover up to the end of the week is being on holiday from work and college, kids on holiday from school.
Being on holiday is great, no 7:30am alarm calls, no uniforms to be sorted n ironed.

The moan part? Being absolutely loaded with a head cold, runny/blocked nose, pounding headache, eyes keep streaming and I can't stop sneezing.
I also have a huge abcess at the top of my inner thigh making sitting from standing and vice versa extremely painful.
My youngest daughter seems to have the cold as well but as she's asthmatic we're having to multi-dose her with her inhaler.
Never been able to fully enjoy a school/work/college break yet.

Peter_
07-04-2009, 22:09

I have found just the product to help you stop the chafing just click HERE (http://www.nipguards.com/)

superbiatch
07-04-2009, 22:12
Moan - My dad giving my car park pass away for Anfield tomorrow :td: (which means i either run the risk of being clamped, or travel with the unwashed ;))

Peter_
07-04-2009, 22:15
Moan - My dad giving my car park pass away for Anfield tomorrow :td: (which means i either run the risk of being clamped, or travel with the unwashed ;))
Best get a bus because if you get clamped and your neighbours find out they will be amused.:D

superbiatch
07-04-2009, 22:19
Best get a bus because if you get clamped and your neighbours find out they will be amused.:D

Bus sounds best, besides i can have a drink as well :tu:

Peter_
07-04-2009, 22:21
Bus sounds best, besides i can have a drink as well :tu:
A bus can have its plus side then.

superbiatch
07-04-2009, 22:25
A bus can have its plus side then.

Provided its full of singing LFC fans on the way home :D

Peter_
07-04-2009, 22:33
Provided its full of singing LFC fans on the way home :D
At least the other lot have given Porto 2 away goals:D

superbiatch
07-04-2009, 22:38
At least the other lot have given Porto 2 away goals:D

I'm a bit superstitious - so no comment :p:

Peter_
07-04-2009, 22:40
I'm a bit superstitious - so no comment :p:
Also why I did not mention them but the opposition.

zing_deleted
08-04-2009, 19:58
seeing 10 old bill doing vehicle checks in Coventry. I mean do they really need 10 doing it

Peter_
08-04-2009, 20:02
seeing 10 old bill doing vehicle checks in Coventry. I mean do they really need 10 doing it
If they are doing MOT, Car Tax and Insurance checks then I am all for it as it gets idiots off the road.

Halcyon
08-04-2009, 20:14
- Women -

Why are they so hard to figure out ?! :eh:

Peter_
08-04-2009, 20:15
- Women -

Because they are women what other reason do you need:D

lucy7
08-04-2009, 20:20
- Women -

Personally, its you men I can never get the measure of.:)

Peter_
08-04-2009, 20:22
Personally, its you men I can never get the measure of.:)
The jokes I could post about that use of words.http://smileyshut.com/smileys/new/Laughing/lol-047.gif (http://smileyshut.com)

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2009, 20:55
My DAISY ptx1 has died :(

homealone
08-04-2009, 21:05
My DAISY ptx1 has died :(

bummer - you only just got it :(

dilli-theclaw
08-04-2009, 21:29
Yup - it's been acting up the last coupel of days - crashing while reading text and things like that. I just put it on charge and it's now completely dead. Not charging or anything. I guess I'll call the RNIB in the morning and see if they can send me a new one.

homealone
08-04-2009, 21:45
Yup - it's been acting up the last coupel of days - crashing while reading text and things like that. I just put it on charge and it's now completely dead. Not charging or anything. I guess I'll call the RNIB in the morning and see if they can send me a new one.

let us know how you get on :)

Peter_
08-04-2009, 22:47
Hope they have a fast turnaround so you get a quick replacement.

Tinky
09-04-2009, 07:30
Microwave's packed in now! :banghead:

Hugh
09-04-2009, 08:57
All these electronic gadgets breaking down - it's a conspiracy, I tell you!

Tinky
09-04-2009, 09:31
All these electronic gadgets breaking down - it's a conspiracy, I tell you!

As long as the wallpaper stripper keeps working I'll get over it lol!

kingbuxton
10-04-2009, 20:44
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neapolitans_(chocolate)

No wonder I can never find them :cry:

lauzjp
11-04-2009, 08:40
hubby not letting my open my Easter egg til tomorrow - we're not religiousy, I want it now! :hyper:

dilli-theclaw
11-04-2009, 18:40
let us know how you get on :)They came out to look at my DAISY machine today. Took it away, came back and told me it was broken lol....

So I have to post it back to the RNIB on Tuesday to get a replacement.

But what's also irritating is my portable one STILL hasn't shown up so I'm going to be DAISY less for a while it looks like.

homealone
12-04-2009, 01:50
They came out to look at my DAISY machine today. Took it away, came back and told me it was broken lol....

So I have to post it back to the RNIB on Tuesday to get a replacement.

But what's also irritating is my portable one STILL hasn't shown up so I'm going to be DAISY less for a while it looks like.

no fun ...

It looks like I got a virus, earlier - imgburn & paragon hard disk manager couldn't find a system disc, zonealarm wouldn't update & spybot just bluescreened.

- thank heavens for backups, the restored system seems to be ok & working , the moan is how much time it took to get back to 'normal' - I should have restored the backup a lot earlier, instead of all the other 'solutions' I tried - the 'online virus scans' were a waste of time because they took ages & then couldn't fix anything....

Stuart
14-04-2009, 16:28
Where to start...

1) Due to a combination of sickness and holiday, we have only two full time staff in today..
2) Several major projects are due in (so, we are busy anyway).
3) I had to set up my computer at work again today, and just accidentally deleted the one back up I had of my user area (where I stored a few important files). And, yes, I know I should have other backups. I am attempting recovery, but it's taking a while.
In short, I am not happy.

MadGamer
14-04-2009, 16:54
Where to start:

Bought a TV Bracket for my TV to go on the wall, but its the wrong size, (although its for the correct make/model), so the company are sending out a new one, so far so good, but that wont be here until tomorrow, I also wont be able to get a shelf until tomorrow so my sky box and Xbox 360 wont be able to sit on it. I was also going to purchase my drum kit tomorrow, but thats looking more like Saturday now, oh and I still have the massive unit in my room which the three mentioned above are sitting on. All In All a major inconvenience

Stuart
14-04-2009, 17:16
Where to start...

1) Due to a combination of sickness and holiday, we have only two full time staff in today..
2) Several major projects are due in (so, we are busy anyway).
3) I had to set up my computer at work again today, and just accidentally deleted the one back up I had of my user area (where I stored a few important files). And, yes, I know I should have other backups. I am attempting recovery, but it's taking a while.
In short, I am not happy.

And to cap it all, because of the aformentioned staff sickness, I am now here until 8... :(

dilli-theclaw
14-04-2009, 17:59
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR - Missed my portable DAISY by TEN SMEGGING MINS.

I popped over my dad's at 2.20 and it was delivered at 2.30

Maggy
15-04-2009, 21:22
Sigh!

I've booked the hotel and the train tickets for my sister-in-law's 50th party.

Now I have to find a 60's style costume..

Ridiculous! I now have to find something that I'd already got over the shame of wearing in the first place and wear it again...and I'm 40 years older...and twice the person I was....

So hippy dippy flower power caftan it is then...:(

homealone
15-04-2009, 21:50
Sigh!

Ridiculous! I now have to find something that I'd already got over the shame of wearing in the first place and wear it again...and I'm 40 years older...and twice the person I was....

not loon pants, no bra & a cheesecloth top ? ;)

Peter_
15-04-2009, 21:50
Sigh!

Try a charity shop as you never know what could turn up in one.

zing_deleted
15-04-2009, 22:08
my TV died tonight only 6 years old and cost a grand. Could not have happened at a worse time for me financially had to drag my 28 " curved crt down from my bedroom :( I am friends with a tv repairman so fingers crossed

lucy7
15-04-2009, 22:26
Big moan!

The house I rent out for holidays had been left in a tip, and even me who is not in to the drug culture, could see evidence that "stuff" had been done!

Not happy!!

---------- Post added at 22:26 ---------- Previous post was at 22:24 ----------

my TV died tonight only 6 years old and cost a grand. Could not have happened at a worse time for me financially had to drag my 28 " curved crt down from my bedroom :( I am friends with a tv repairman so fingers crossed

Zing, isnt 6 years a long time now in the life of a telly????;):)

Poor you!

Maggy
15-04-2009, 22:31
Grrr Ebay...Found a caftan but can I pay by CC through the ebay system? No.I keep getting an error message.

Ebay never works for me...:mad:

Halcyon
15-04-2009, 22:36
Big moan!

The house I rent out for holidays had been left in a tip, and even me who is not in to the drug culture, could see evidence that "stuff" had been done!

Not happy!!

Did you have a deposit off them?
Keep it to pay for the damages.

lucy7
15-04-2009, 22:40
Did you have a deposit off them?
Keep it to pay for the damages.

No, I am the trusting type.......still!

Gonna take it off the books now, this has happened 3 times now, and 3 times is too much for me!

Family and mates only from now on.

Oh well!

zing_deleted
15-04-2009, 22:46
Zing, isnt 6 years a long time now in the life of a telly????;):)

Poor you!

GOD NO ! it was a Toshiba 32" 100hz crt by rights it should have years left in it. If its the transformer or powersupply it still may. I remember cathod ray tube tvs lasting 15 to 20 years . Had an old ITC I think it was for ages. My Nan god rest her soul had an NEC tv lasted a good 15 years

Stuart
15-04-2009, 23:21
GOD NO ! it was a Toshiba 32" 100hz crt by rights it should have years left in it. If its the transformer or powersupply it still may. I remember cathod ray tube tvs lasting 15 to 20 years . Had an old ITC I think it was for ages. My Nan god rest her soul had an NEC tv lasted a good 15 years

I was told ages ago that the minimum a TV should last is 10 years..

zing_deleted
15-04-2009, 23:25
I was told ages ago that the minimum a TV should last is 10 years..

Yeah its really peed me off its a great tv well was a great tv and hopefully it will be again. My mate is good and he wont charge me labour so fingers crossed

Stuart
17-04-2009, 09:27
Yeah its really peed me off its a great tv well was a great tv and hopefully it will be again. My mate is good and he wont charge me labour so fingers crossed

Indeed. One my friends has still (I believe) got an old 21 inch Hitachi TV that he was given at a massively reduced price when he left his saturday job at Dixons when he was 17. He's 37 now.

On to a more sad note. One of my work friends has had some bad news this week. On Wednesday, his brother was out walking and was hit by a bus. He has broken his back and his skull. They don't currently know if he'll survive, and if he does, what state he'll be in.

I have to admit, I only met his brother a few times, so don't really consider him a friend (although I do like him), but I hope he gets well, and hope he gets well soon.

zing_deleted
17-04-2009, 09:29
oh dear that does not sound good hope he pulls through

Maggy
17-04-2009, 18:42
I ordered som train tickets from the Trainline site.

For this I've been offered a £25 wine voucher. How nice.:)

Only I have to buy £80 worth of wine before I can use the voucher...Now I like a glass of red now and then but not £80s worth and no one else drinks wine here...:rolleyes:

dilli-theclaw
17-04-2009, 19:05
playlists (m3u) I know nothing about them, but I need to suss them out to make my new portable daisy play music properly.

The books work fine - the text to speech works fine - but mp3 albums noooo. If you don't have a play list for each folder in the root of the music folder it assume that any number of folders are one big long album.

superbiatch
17-04-2009, 19:32
Indeed. One my friends has still (I believe) got an old 21 inch Hitachi TV that he was given at a massively reduced price when he left his saturday job at Dixons when he was 17. He's 37 now.

On to a more sad note. One of my work friends has had some bad news this week. On Wednesday, his brother was out walking and was hit by a bus. He has broken his back and his skull. They don't currently know if he'll survive, and if he does, what state he'll be in.

I have to admit, I only met his brother a few times, so don't really consider him a friend (although I do like him), but I hope he gets well, and hope he gets well soon.

I only recently got rid of my 21" Sony Trinitron which was 15 years old ;)

I've had my latest LCD for less than 2 years and its on its way out (and Evesham went into receivership whom i had warranty with!)

Really bad news about the guy you mentioned above, but people have come through worse so he has my best wishes to make a full recovery.

Druchii
17-04-2009, 19:48
playlists (m3u) I know nothing about them, but I need to suss them out to make my new portable daisy play music properly.

The books work fine - the text to speech works fine - but mp3 albums noooo. If you don't have a play list for each folder in the root of the music folder it assume that any number of folders are one big long album.
M3U Playlists are very simple.

Example:
M3U Sample.m3u

My Music\Misc\(Hed) PE - Blackout.mp3
My Music\Misc\10 Second Drop - Overdrive.mp3
My Music\12 Stones\01 - Crash.mp3
My Music\12 Stones\02 - Broken.mp3
My Music\12 Stones\03 - The Way I Feel.mp3

Essentially just a directory listing.

dilli-theclaw
17-04-2009, 19:51
HHHmmm - I shall have another go. Cheers :tu:

lauzjp
18-04-2009, 09:34
(2nd hand) washing machine died - only had it a month. :bigcry:

think I'd rather pay any extra and have something newer now.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Actually, phoned the suppliers & lady on the phone said make sure the door is closed... I assumed, that Anton had done so.. :bsmack:

dilli-theclaw
18-04-2009, 09:39
Um..... ;)

zing_deleted
18-04-2009, 11:10
(2nd hand) washing machine died - only had it a month. :bigcry:

think I'd rather pay any extra and have something newer now.

---------- Post added at 09:34 ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 ----------

Actually, phoned the suppliers & lady on the phone said make sure the door is closed... I assumed, that Anton had done so.. :bsmack:

by supplier do you a shop? did they not give you 3 months? or was it a private sale?

lauzjp
18-04-2009, 14:06
by supplier do you a shop? did they not give you 3 months? or was it a private sale?

it was from a 'shop' - yeah there is a 6 month guarentee, can't believe it's been a month already!

Anton's the only thing at fault though, touch wood: :blush:

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

another wee moan is I have such a horrible headache today - I feel really light-headed, hot, & sick.

Luckily, I have cool bosses & could go home an hour early. :)

Tinky
18-04-2009, 19:05
it was from a 'shop' - yeah there is a 6 month guarentee, can't believe it's been a month already!

Anton's the only thing at fault though, touch wood: :blush:

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:03 ----------

another wee moan is I have such a horrible headache today - I feel really light-headed, hot, & sick.

Luckily, I have cool bosses & could go home an hour early. :)

Laura sorry to hear your tales of woe re your washing machine, I know I couldn't do without mine. When money is tight, if you are ever in need of another washer or whatever, you could always try Freecycle (http://www.uk.freecycle.org/) this is a facility whereby people who want to get rid of objects no longer required, but which still have a useful purpose, advertise for people to collect, free of charge . Hope your headache's gone now, and hope this helps.

Hom3r
18-04-2009, 19:30
My sisters washing machine died hubby looked at the motor to check the brushes, but no good.

Luckily a friend of my dad is moving, and the flat he's moving to they are leaving their washing machine so he's giving his to them.

lauzjp
18-04-2009, 19:34
that's true, I'd quite forgotten about Freecycle! Used to use it a lot but got fed up of the emails - but then it's too tedious to sift through the messages in the yahoo group :rolleyes:

still got headache a little, think the wins today on horses eased it! teehee :)

Hom3r
19-04-2009, 12:13
Bloody credit cards, my sister told me that somebody had opened a Littlewoods catalogue account in her name and spent £1,000 then the next day tried to spend £600 the later was rejected, so I went online to check my card (same company) but I had forgotten my passcode.

The process to reset this took ages, but it take minutes to remove cash:rolleyes:

She was told what these scumbags do is get the items sent to an empty address and camp outside and when the goods are delivered they say to the drive that they had moved the other day.

I feel that expensive items should only be sent to the card holders address. Play.com do this.

Dabs have in place a system where the first order must go to the card holders address.

Gary L
19-04-2009, 15:53
My pet hate is buying pork chops by the weight. it's £3.49 per kg, and after cutting the bones off that you can't eat and weighing them they come to 250g. which weighs the same as 2 pork chops without bones on.

zing_deleted
19-04-2009, 15:55
Cooking meat on the bone imo changes the taste to meat off the bone. If you do not want chops buy steaks

Raistlin
19-04-2009, 16:22
Had to completely refit the kitchen due to a leaking pipe in the bathroom.

It's taken us 12 months (or so) and we've just got it finished.

It looks amazing, better than we could ever have hoped, worth ever minute that we spent on it.

Guess what?

Yep, the same damn pipe is leaking again and now the ceiling's soaked. The worst bit is that the only way to fix the pipe is to cut a hole in the ceiling.

Deep joy..... :(

Maggy
19-04-2009, 16:40
Grumble...back to work tomorrow..oh deep misery...:(

Gary L
19-04-2009, 16:42
Grumble...back to work tomorrow..oh deep misery...:(

For them or for you? :D

papa smurf
19-04-2009, 17:00
My pet hate is buying pork chops by the weight. it's £3.49 per kg, and after cutting the bones off that you can't eat and weighing them they come to 250g. which weighs the same as 2 pork chops without bones on.

so buy pork steaks ;) just seen zings post now i fell stupid doh

Turkey Machine
19-04-2009, 17:10
Had to completely refit the kitchen due to a leaking pipe in the bathroom.

It's taken us 12 months (or so) and we've just got it finished.

It looks amazing, better than we could ever have hoped, worth ever minute that we spent on it.

Guess what?

Yep, the same damn pipe is leaking again and now the ceiling's soaked. The worst bit is that the only way to fix the pipe is to cut a hole in the ceiling.

Deep joy..... :(

That's a royal bar steward. :(

Things grating me at the moment - coursework to do that hasn't been started that's due early May, more coursework that's due early May, and even more coursework due when? Yep, early May. Not looking good for my sanity. :(

Still, Grand Prix Legends and Formula 1 are both welcome distractions at the moment.

Gary L
19-04-2009, 17:13
so buy pork steaks ;) just seen zings post now i fell stupid doh

I probably will now. just annoys me that you're paying for it whether the weight is bones or meat.

papa smurf
19-04-2009, 18:01
I probably will now. just annoys me that you're paying for it whether the weight is bones or meat.

i have a similar discussion with my son every time i buy streaky bacon ,he says i just paid good money for a plate full of fat :)

Maggy
19-04-2009, 18:02
For them or for you? :D

Them? They love school..it's one big youth club for them...

Stuart
19-04-2009, 20:22
Ivy... Just spent most of this afternoon attempting to remove some that is growing at the back of my house. Tons of the stuff. I end up doing it every year, because the roots of the ivy are in my neighbours garden. I get angry for the simple reason that the only reason it is there is because my previous neighbour planted it in both her front and back gardens. The current neighbours have got rid of the plant, but (according to a professional gardener) left the roots. Unfortunately (according to the gardener) the only way to kill the roots is to use industrial strength weedkiller, which is not an option as we have pets, and a lot of our neighbours have cats. I don't want to be responsible for accidentally killing a neighbour's cat, or one of my own pets.

Another moan.. My oyster card appears to have died. There is an easy enough procedure to replace them, but it means going to my local manned tube station (which isn't conveniant as it's nowhere near home or work) and asking them to replace it while waving a utility bill, driving licence or passport at them as proof of ID.

lucy7
19-04-2009, 23:29
Grumpy old woman time (again).......sponging adult kids!
End of moan!

Gary L
19-04-2009, 23:36
Grumpy old woman time (again).......sponging adult kids!
End of moan!

It's no good coming here and moaning about it. you need to moan at them instead of saying how much do you need with a smile on your face :)

lucy7
19-04-2009, 23:40
Easy come, easy given away!
One just finishing uni, one just started, one big time sponger!
MOAN, MOAN, MOAN!!!!

No smile yet, maybe tomoz! :)

zing_deleted
20-04-2009, 01:19
If things were different it would have been my wedding anniversary today but they aint lol

dilli-theclaw
20-04-2009, 14:14
Graphite canes.

I thought I'd treat myself to a nice light cane as I use mine more and more. Although it is light a graphite one would no doubt be ighter.

But not at £25 I don't think lol

TheDaddy
20-04-2009, 14:22
Graphite canes.

I thought I'd treat myself to a nice light cane as I use mine more and more. Although it is light a graphite one would no doubt be ighter.

But not at £25 I don't think lol

Stick with the old one, with a bit of luck you won't need it at all in a few years, lets not forget my old mum, one day she was blind as a bat the next she could see again, although I think I'd rather have stayed in the dark than go through her operation awake!

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article6122757.ece

moaningmags
20-04-2009, 15:09
Project Management!!
Have a project due in 3 weeks and haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing.
<Goes off to cry in the corner>

Maggy
20-04-2009, 16:12
Sensitive teeth aligned with a broken tooth..sheer agony at the moment..:bigcry:

joglynne
20-04-2009, 17:01
Sensitive teeth aligned with a broken tooth..sheer agony at the moment..:bigcry:

Oh Maggy that sounds horrible. :sorry: I hope you have a good supply of painkillers to see you through.

I would give you a big hug if I could, here's a virtual one instead. :hugs:

xpod
20-04-2009, 17:32
Having to take sanctuary in my Cubby Hole(more often than usual anyway) because there`s virtually no room anywhere else for me....the wifes sisters are all down from Scotland and their all staying here for the week.

As if 5 of my own weren`t enough:dozey:

If things were different it would have been my wedding anniversary today but they aint lol

If things were different i wouldn`t be having any either:)

Cobbydaler
20-04-2009, 17:38
Project Management!!
Have a project due in 3 weeks and haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing.
<Goes off to cry in the corner>

Some good advice here (http://www.profsr.com/msproject/msproj01.htm) on PM. Intro is useful even if you're not using MS Project...

moaningmags
20-04-2009, 18:39
Some good advice here (http://www.profsr.com/msproject/msproj01.htm) on PM. Intro is useful even if you're not using MS Project...

Thanks Cobby, good site and added to favourites. Just need to work out what my actual project is, analysis etc this is what's making me cry :confused:

Fingy
20-04-2009, 21:11
My not quite an Uncle but more of an Uncle than my real Uncles passed away at 8pm. :(

Thankfully it was quietly in his sleep after his life support was switched off this morning.

lucy7
20-04-2009, 21:14

Does that make you happy or sad Zing?
x

Do you need a hug?

:ghugs:

moaningmags
20-04-2009, 21:16
Sorry to hear that Fingy and good that he went in his sleep.

lucy7
20-04-2009, 21:17
Sorry to hear that Fingy and good that he went in his sleep.

Another one

zing_deleted
20-04-2009, 21:26
Does that make you happy or sad Zing?
x

Do you need a hug?

we were not married even 2 years but in that short time I actually had a proper big close family so yeah I am sad in a way. She remarried a couple of years after me and has a son by him. When I pick my daughter up from the ex's mums house and they are all there I sometimes fee like that should be mine but still :( so I will accept the hug :)

homealone
20-04-2009, 21:56
My not quite an Uncle but more of an Uncle than my real Uncles passed away at 8pm. :(

Thankfully it was quietly in his sleep after his life support was switched off this morning.

Condolences for your loss, Fingy, I hope there is some comfort that he passed on peacefully ..

dilli-theclaw
20-04-2009, 22:05

Thankfully it was quietly in his sleep after his life support was switched off this morning.sorry to hear that :(

Fingy
21-04-2009, 07:10
Thanks everyone.

lauzjp
21-04-2009, 09:26
sorry to hear about your Uncle, Fingy. :(

:hugs::hugs: hug for you, & a hug for Zingle.

dilli-theclaw
21-04-2009, 09:32
You can all come to my divorce party when it finally goes through :tu:

lauzjp
21-04-2009, 09:55
oh and my moan is - back pain. I don't know what I did though - I was just getting ready this morning, and leant across the bed - suddenly I just got this pain like I'd pulled something in my back. I didn't think much of it, but as soon as I went to move it twinged! I tried so hard not to scream but was wincing and crying for an hour at work this morning as people laughed at me straining to reach their fags.

I am cursing Anton for leaving me to struggle on my own all day. Luckily the other guy I work with came down at 7, so I could leave early & my boss is ok about me not being in the other shop today.

so am popping painkillers and leaning against a cold wall, if it's just a strain I should be a bit better tomorrow at least eh. :mis:

Turkey Machine
21-04-2009, 17:10
Time to moan at the SNES I bought to uni from home - spent the last couple of weeks trying to tune the bugger in with an RF lead bought from eBay, bought a SCART lead from eBay to see whether that'd work. Neither worked, so I checked settings on the DVD recorder I'd plugged it into. Switch from "DVD mode" to "TV mode" and it works. Checked it worked with the RF lead, and it did.

*bangs head on desk*

Still, at least Super Mario World looks good! :D

Raistlin
21-04-2009, 20:33
1. A web forum I signed up to months ago has been hacked. The hackers stole lists of usernames, passwords, and email addresses. The address I used to sign up is now being bombarded with crappy spam.

2. Mrs-M-to-Be just checked her bank account and discovered that there are two fraudulent transactions there totalling nearly £300.

3. My Sky box is on the blink. Keeps completely shutting down part way through programs and recordings. Stops responding to the remote/buttons until it feels like it.

superbiatch
22-04-2009, 11:25
I'm poorly sick with some kind of cold/sore throat/headache and my neighbour in the apartment above is having some kind of party! :erm:

zing_deleted
22-04-2009, 11:28
I'm poorly sick with some kind of cold/sore throat/headache and my neighbour in the apartment above is having some kind of party! :erm:

If there is liqueur go join them might make you feel better lol :)

Stuart
22-04-2009, 11:38
Getting up, and into work on time only to be reminded by the boss that he'd given me an hour off, so I wasn't due in for another hour.

Not a major moan, but I could have used the time to go and take my Oyster card (which has died) to an Underground station to get it replaced.

superbiatch
22-04-2009, 11:41
If there is liqueur go join them might make you feel better lol :)

She's finally gone out (after making me get out of bed!) but at least I can chill on the sofa and on the balcony in the sun :D

Stuart
22-04-2009, 23:23
Public transport

First lewisham station is *still* having major building works done. I don't have a problem with that, but all they have said they are doing is installing four lifts. A big job admittedly, but they have been doing it since November 2007 and are due to finish late summer this year. Building the DLR station at Lewisham (a far bigger job) didn't take that long.

Also, my train home was so packed that it was hard to get enough space to breath.

Maggy
23-04-2009, 17:51
Cost me £81 to get my tumbler drier fixed. :(

Still I suppose it's cheaper than buying a new one.

dilli-theclaw
24-04-2009, 08:59
So - it turns out my replacement desktop DAISY machine was posted back to me on the 16th but it has not arrived here.

What worries me is that they are assuming that if it doesn't turn up by next tuesday I have to pay for it and arrange a replacement.

superbiatch
24-04-2009, 09:02

I'm still sick, on my 3rd day off work :erm:

dilli-theclaw
24-04-2009, 09:04
I'm still sick, on my 3rd day off work :erm:Well I hope you get better soon :tu:

Druchii
24-04-2009, 09:13
So - it turns out my replacement desktop DAISY machine was posted back to me on the 16th but it has not arrived here.

What worries me is that they are assuming that if it doesn't turn up by next tuesday I have to pay for it and arrange a replacement.
Did they send it by recorded delivery?

Bloody hope so.

dilli-theclaw
24-04-2009, 10:31
The last one I had was left on the doorsetp and I found it there (with no card through the door) after I'd been out all day.

I'm off down the post office shortly to see if it's (the replacement) been delivered and no card put through the door.

---------- Post added at 10:31 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

It was sitting at the post office, they were quite surprised i'd not been to collect it sooner.

Oh well at least I have it now.

Angua
24-04-2009, 11:44
Back ache :cry: lower back muscle pain. Brilliant if I do not sit down :rolleyes:

bjorkiii
24-04-2009, 11:56
[Mod Edit (Rob M): Removed - If you've got a problem with a thread/post/poster then use the 'Report Post' feature or PM a member of the Team. Please don't post inflammatory comments like this in other threads.]

joglynne
24-04-2009, 12:32
<snip>
It was sitting at the post office, they were quite surprised i'd not been to collect it sooner.

Oh well at least I have it now.
Glad that's sorted Dilli. Shame the PO didn't let you know they had it. Obviously they thought you had your crystal ball up and running. :)
Back ache :cry: lower back muscle pain. Brilliant if I do not sit down :rolleyes:

I feel your pain Angua and you have my utmost sympathies. I too feel like crying about the pain in my back, Oh and my shoulders, hips, neck arms....the list goes on. I have made a vow never, ever, to clean out our pond again. Next time it needs doing I'm going to tip a shed load of compost in it and call it a bog garden. :D

dilli-theclaw
24-04-2009, 20:41
Odd text messages.

He can't spell, which isn't his fault I know that. But instead of trying he just misses the word out.

How am I supposed to understand the message :(

Druchii
24-04-2009, 21:08
Odd text messages.

He can't spell, which isn't his fault I know that. But instead of trying he just misses the word out.

How am I supposed to understand the message :(
Give them a call instead. :)

TheDaddy
24-04-2009, 23:05
Give them a call instead. :)

Noooooooo for tha sake of your sanity dont, step away from the phone Jefferson, nothing good will come of it

dilli-theclaw
24-04-2009, 23:11
God no I'm not likely to call him, not wasting my mins that's for sure ;)

Turkey Machine
25-04-2009, 02:55
Damn Super Mario World cartridge + SNES deleted my save games. Gotta do all 72 levels + 24 secret exits now. Bugger!!!!

Maggy
25-04-2009, 11:01
On top of the broken tooth,mouth ulcers and sensitive teeth I now have a sore throat..so painful it's difficult to swallow fluids.

However I'm better off than a poor colleague and a student who currently both have Scarlet Fever..:(

Stuart
27-04-2009, 11:59
Rudeness..

I got my train as normal this morning.. It was a little overcrowded (the train after was cancelled, and I think the one before was as well). I eventually got a seat. That isn't my moan. My moan is simple. A couple of stops after me a pregnant women got on. She looked heavily pregnant (I'd be surprised if she wasn't in late pregnancy). I waited a few minutes for someone to get up (I was quite a way away from her, so it may have been difficult for her to get to my seat). What did the other commuters do? They sat there looking at her. After about 5 minutes, I got up and gave her my seat, which she was most thankful for.

superbiatch
27-04-2009, 12:31
Rudeness..

I got my train as normal this morning.. It was a little overcrowded (the train after was cancelled, and I think the one before was as well). I eventually got a seat. That isn't my moan. My moan is simple. A couple of stops after me a pregnant women got on. She looked heavily pregnant (I'd be surprised if she wasn't in late pregnancy). I waited a few minutes for someone to get up (I was quite a way away from her, so it may have been difficult for her to get to my seat). What did the other commuters do? They sat there looking at her. After about 5 minutes, I got up and gave her my seat, which she was most thankful for.

I've tried biting my tongue, but I can't on this occasion. I find whever I travel to the South (mainly London, Banbury or Milton Keynes) that the people in general are rude. This is nothing to do with a North/South divide but more to do with what I have witnessed as a traveller on public transport over the last 15 years. Never once have I been offered a seat even when I was using crutches on the tube in London a few years back. So I share your annoyance Stuart.

Gary L
27-04-2009, 15:56
I've tried biting my tongue, but I can't on this occasion. I find whever I travel to the South (mainly London, Banbury or Milton Keynes) that the people in general are rude. This is nothing to do with a North/South divide but more to do with what I have witnessed as a traveller on public transport over the last 15 years. Never once have I been offered a seat even when I was using crutches on the tube in London a few years back. So I share your annoyance Stuart.

That's rude. I would have offered you to sit on my lap at least ;) :D

lauzjp
27-04-2009, 16:02
our washing machine really is pants. :(

refused to turn on again, so they are coming to collect it tomorrow - loose wire apparently, but am not telling Anton that else he'll try to fix it himself no doubt. :rolleyes:

joglynne
27-04-2009, 16:25
Just been to see a potential lucrative client. For the first time in my life I have taken an instant dislike to someone. I came away wanting to disinfect the hand he shook. I shall have to do a bit of Googling to see what he is about but I think i'm tooooo busy to take up his commission, what a shame.

Gary L
27-04-2009, 16:34
Just been to see a potential lucrative client. For the first time in my life I have taken an instant dislike to someone. I came away wanting to disinfect the hand he shook. I shall have to do a bit of Googling to see what he is about but I think i'm tooooo busy to take up his commission, what a shame.

Tell us more :)

Peter_
27-04-2009, 16:41
Not really due to client confidentiality.

joglynne
27-04-2009, 16:54

:LOL: Nothing exciting I'm afraid. Just a rather oily antiques dealer who thinks he is God's gift to women and that I should be grateful he is considering me to do some restoration work for him. I'm afraid he is in for a rude awakening if he thinks I would be willing to do the work he wants for the pittance he has offered me.

Getting my written estimate should ensure I never hear from him again. :D

Hugh
28-04-2009, 16:47
Off to have an MRI at 17:30 - woo hoo.......

joglynne
28-04-2009, 17:06
Off to have an MRI at 17:30 - woo hoo.......

Oh the joys of having to lie on a narrow table without moving and feeling claustrophobic. Have fun foreverwar at least you are probably the last person on the list for to-day. :D

My last MRI was a full body one and I had to lie still for over an hour and a half. For someone who can't sit still for more then 10 minutes that was a real challenge and one I hope not to have to repeat in the near future.

Turkey Machine
28-04-2009, 17:12
Oh the joys of having to lie on a narrow table without moving and feeling claustrophobic. Have fun foreverwar at least you are probably the last person on the list for to-day. :D

My last MRI was a full body one and I had to lie still for over an hour and a half. For someone who can't sit still for more then 10 minutes that was a real challenge and one I hope not to have to repeat in the near future.

Hour and a half? What the hell were they looking for, a needle you'd shoved up your butt?

peanut
28-04-2009, 17:21

Mine for lasted for 45 minutes and I'm very claustrophobic. Having that head cage on was too much for me so after a couple attempts they gave me diazepam which did the trick. They ain't nice I can vouch for that.

joglynne
28-04-2009, 17:24
Hour and a half? What the hell were they looking for, a needle you'd shoved up your butt?

TM https://www.cableforum.co.uk/images/local/2009/11/2.gif Ladies do not have butts they have derrieres. :D

They did actually say they were looking for a needle but thought it was hiding in a haystack. :)